The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
EAC3C829-9208-48CC-96C5-D23B818643DF.jpeg
42758131-AFF9-4CFB-972B-A3051689D5B5.jpeg

I got into the sidequest journey due to FF7. As you could muss out on Yuffie, Vincent, Weapons, etc... besides, it wasn't that long as doing pointless sidequests now like that Turtle on ffxv. I enjoyed that card game a lot and felt underwhelmed by IX's mini game.
Ive had many play throughs of FF7 but even from the first time I never thought Vincent and yuffie were optional. You can’t beat the game and NOT go thru the mansion or Wuhan:lol:. just seemed like general progression of the story.That’s like leaving Red13 in the shinra building:lol:.

I gotta go exploring looks like in 8 though. I’m still driving the Garden around. I got Odin from that random building on the world map. Just going to landmarks unmarked on my map

Ive had many play throughs of FF7 but even from the first time I never thought Vincent and yuffie were optional. You can’t beat the game and NOT go thru the mansion or Wuhan:lol:. just seemed like general progression of the story.That’s like leaving Red13 in the shinra building:lol:.

I gotta go exploring looks like in 8 though. I’m still driving the Garden around. I got Odin from that random building on the world map. Just going to landmarks unmarked on my map
Funny though that I initially thought that Red 13 wasn't optional since he wasn't that difficult to acquire. also an option on how to get Gilgamesh but I would prefer keeping Odin. I missed some things to do on Fisherman's wharf and that city where Laguna became the leader of the city. I do miss battling Ruby weapon though.

Finished Final Fantasy 4 (SNES FF2). This game seemed a lot bigger back in the day when I was a kid.

Final Fantasy 8 is easy once you get the right spells to junction. You really don't even need to draw that much. Just learn the Mag RF abilities from your GFs instead.

Finished Final Fantasy 4 (SNES FF2). This game seemed a lot bigger back in the day when I was a kid.

Final Fantasy 8 is easy once you get the right spells to junction. You really don't even need to draw that much. Just learn the Mag RF abilities from your GFs instead.
I somehow forgot what stage the earliest you would have access to Mag RF?

If you really want to break FF8, here is a link to a step by step method. I knew about several of these things but might give it a shot next time I play through for kicks.

Just scroll down a couple posts
if there was something we missed during those days was having these. the lack of walkthrough and only having info through word of mouth was the only thing we have.

We had official guides back then, but they hardly ever told you how to break the game. I still have most of mine, even the horrible Final Fantasy 9 one.

I found Gamefaqs in the late 90's, early 2000's. I had an option class in highschool called "Computer Tech" :lol:

For Chrono Cross, I would print of 20-30 pages of a GameFaqs walkthrough every class and bring them home.

I remember being in a high school computer typing class and seeing that Final Fantasy III was coming to NDS. I wasn’t aware that FF III in JP was different than FF III (SNES) in NA. I watched the trailer on GameSpot and was confused as hell. I kept telling myself that there was no way that was the same game from my childhood. I had distinct memories of Figaro Castle and the battle with Kefka in the sand. I was so disappointed :lol:

We had official guides back then, but they hardly ever told you how to break the game. I still have most of mine, even the horrible Final Fantasy 9 one.
I still whip out that strategy guide every year when I play through FF9. I dont really know why I do it. At this point, I've more or less memorized the game and what to do. It's probably just the feeling of nostalgia I get from doing that... :lol:

I found Gamefaqs in the late 90's, early 2000's. I had an option class in highschool called "Computer Tech" :lol:

For Chrono Cross, I would print of 20-30 pages of a GameFaqs walkthrough every class and bring them home.
as far as Chrono Cross is concerned, I finished 11 of the 13 possible endings. 2 main endings and 11 side-endings. of the 2 main endings, I would say one was the best with a sort of video where Kid was lost in time and looking her way back in modern day Japan.

Man Chrono Cross and Trigger... good times

I loved finding all the recruitable characters in Chrono Cross. As soon as you come across with dialogue with a character with a portrait, its like oooo can I get them?!?

Man Chrono Cross and Trigger... good times

I loved finding all the recruitable characters in Chrono Cross. As soon as you come across with dialogue with a character with a portrait, its like oooo can I get them?!?
well not to mention that certain characters have certain affinity to your party.

Hogwarts is fun but how many of these side missions are going to be someone asking me to find their stupid little animal thing?
I decided I ain’t doing em lol.

I’m tired of looking for stuff.

Looked for the moonstones so I could unlock all doors but after that I’m Gucci lol.

They are typical. A couple easy ones to start but most are for completing each story. Nothing I have seen yet that looks too crazy. I haven't looked on PSNProfiles yet though

Ok that’s not too bad. OT1 had some insane grindy achievements for Xbox/Steam :lol:

That game actually looks really cool. The Diogeneum (sp?) mode where you can stack random encounters and fight them all at once is such a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom