The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
still doing my first ever play thru of FF8. digging the junction system after forever but the lack of normal attacks hitting any damage infuriates me:lol:

still doing my first ever play thru of FF8. digging the junction system after forever but the lack of normal attacks hitting any damage infuriates me:lol:
Lol. You'll get it eventually and gets easy. What scenario are you now in? Love the card mini game.

Lol. You'll get it eventually and gets easy. What scenario are you now in? Love the card mini game.
I wanna say disc3? crew found out GFs cause memory loss and they're all orphan connections. which is following visiting Edea's home. came across those chocobo forest farms with the kid hustling you. unless I'm dumb and cant do it myself. squall is like lvl mid 30s? everyone else some 20s

The lower your levels, the easier the game is. Enemies level with you.

The lower your levels, the easier the game is. Enemies level with you.
true, although I love leveling up. the best thing I did was properly junctioning my equipment, using the current best equipment and using lots of spells. I find VII a lot more tedious though as I have to master or level up the Materia to maximize their full potential. also, STEAL is your friend.

I dont know if I told the story in here, but I did a play through as a kid where I fought the T-Rex near Balamb Garden for hours to level and got to the point I could Draw either Cura or Curaga. I junctioned that to my strength/attack and was washing people... until like the end of disc one and I basically was in an unwinnable battle due to my party being so much under leveled compared to Squall. :lol:

Personally not one of my favorite FF games but I can appreciate them changing the formula and trying something new.

same, although it grew on me. probably due to the success of FF7, FF8 was highly promoted. loved the character. maybe because due to the change from polygon graphics to a more defined 3D model. Rinoa was queen.
It's my favorite FF game but it might be because it first one I actually took my time to play though.
When I had all the time when I was younger I would stay in the first area grinding levels and items (x99) for each party member before fighting the first summon.

Although going in blind I’ve seen a few of these videos and spoiled me that enemies level with you When they came across FF8 one time. Semi ruined but semi glad I can go without grinding (for the most part)

I dont know if I told the story in here, but I did a play through as a kid where I fought the T-Rex near Balamb Garden for hours to level and got to the point I could Draw either Cura or Curaga. I junctioned that to my strength/attack and was washing people... until like the end of disc one and I basically was in an unwinnable battle due to my party being so much under leveled compared to Squall. :lol:
that's it. the DRAW was very useful especially with that dreaded T-Rex. I'm just curious as to why Squall was the only one leveled up as you are 3 of you in your party? did you just use Squall alone? I made Ifrit easily my B*itch as I got Shiva. that's where I was leveling up initially before I moved on to the T-Rex.

It's my favorite FF game but it might be because it first one I actually took my time to play though.

When I had all the time when I was younger I would stay in the first area grinding levels and items (x99) for each party member before fighting the first summon.
were you able to collect all cards?

The best thing JRPGs did was have every character level up even when not using them. I had the issue in multiple games where only the main party i used had good stats while everyone else was base. Whenever they switched up the game and you had to use other characters i was ****ed.

that's it. the DRAW was very useful especially with that dreaded T-Rex. I'm just curious as to why Squall was the only one leveled up as you are 3 of you in your party? did you just use Squall alone? I made Ifrit easily my B*itch as I got Shiva. that's where I was leveling up initially before I moved on to the T-Rex.

Maybe Im remembering it wrong and Squall was just significantly higher than the other party members? I just remember it being that section where you fight the two lizard dogs, Seifer, then Edea. Edea just mopped the floor with me.

EDIT: Looking back, it would have probably been Irvine and Rinoa, who would have joined the party at a set level. So I think that is where the gap came from. Also, I just watched 45 minutes of Final Fantasy 8 while at work

Last edited:
Legend of Dragoon and Wild Arms coming to PS+ Premium. I assume trophy support will be included. I can finally play LoD :smokin

Maybe Im remembering it wrong and Squall was just significantly higher than the other party members? I just remember it being that section where you fight the two lizard dogs, Seifer, then Edea. Edea just mopped the floor with me.

EDIT: Looking back, it would have probably been Irvine and Rinoa, who would have joined the party at a set level. So I think that is where the gap came from. Also, I just watched 45 minutes of Final Fantasy 8 while at work
Lol I made a quick work on those Lizards and Edea. I believe I already have Squall's LionHeart at that stage if I'm not mistaken. You can easily miss some good side quests just before crashing at fisherman's wharf, so be careful. I know I did so it practically affected my experience of the game.

Some bangers on PS+ this month!!!

All PS Plus Extra/Premium February 2023 games list​

• Horizon Forbidden West | PS4, PS5
  • The Quarry | PS4, PS5
  • Resident Evil 7 biohazard | PS4
  • Outriders | PS4, PS5
  • Scarlet Nexus | PS4, PS5
  • Borderlands 3 | PS4, PS5
  • Tekken 7 | PS4
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown | PS4
  • Earth Defense Force 5 | PS4
  • Oninaki | PS4
  • Lost Sphear | PS4
  • I am Setsuna | PS4
  • The Forgotten City | PS4, PS5
  • The Legend of Dragoon | PS1 (Premium Only)
  • Wild Arms 2 | PS1 (Premium Only)
  • Harvest Moon: Back to Nature | PS1 (Premium Only)
  • Destroy All Humans! | PS4 (Premium Only)

it is a dope card game but legit forget it exists lol. getting a GF and it'll say I got a card then it clicks to me "oh that :lol:" also cool how they actually released actual cards for a while during FF8's release.

also the world leveling with me led me to skip side quests to just get story.

it is a dope card game but legit forget it exists lol. getting a GF and it'll say I got a card then it clicks to me "oh that :lol:" also cool how they actually released actual cards for a while during FF8's release.

also the world leveling with me led me to skip side quests to just get story.
I got into the sidequest journey due to FF7. As you could muss out on Yuffie, Vincent, Weapons, etc... besides, it wasn't that long as doing pointless sidequests now like that Turtle on ffxv. I enjoyed that card game a lot and felt underwhelmed by IX's mini game.

Back
Top Bottom