• Pokemon Acreus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't we'll ever get a mainline FF ever again. They recently asked Yoshi P something about going back to turn based and he responded along the lines of "whoever produces the future games can make that call, maybe when we go back to pixel graphics".

FF IX remake on the other hand is rumored to be much smaller in scale compared to FF VII. I'd assume it'll be very similar to the OG version with modern graphics.

It’s unfortunate though, you know the fan base would eat up a turn based FF17, or whichever entry it would end up being.

I personally don’t like turn based games anymore HOWEVER, Yakuza Like a Dragon changed my mind.

It needs to be well done like that game.

If they keep with the schedule that FF7R is on we’ll all be old men by the time 9R is finished. I still haven’t finished 7R I quit when I got to the Shinra building. Can’t lie, making that whole game in Midgar felt too constrained and linear for me. The changes of scenery are a big part of what makes FF great and finally leaving Midgar was arguably the most epic part of the OG FF7. I’ll finished 7R part 1 when part 2 comes out and hopefully they add a sandbox world map into the mix. I never felt like I could grind in 7R because it was just corridor after corridor, the whole game felt like the second half of XV.

I personally don’t like turn based games anymore HOWEVER, Yakuza Like a Dragon changed my mind.

It needs to be well done like that game.
I never understand how people have issues with turn based games but enjoy Like A Dragon and Persona. I guess your character in LAD moves around while in battle but it’s still turn based. I don’t get it.

I never understand how people have issues with turn based games but enjoy Like A Dragon and Persona. I guess your character in LAD moves around while in battle but it’s still turn based. I don’t get it.

I think it was more so the goofiness and amazing story line of Like a Dragon that made me love it.

I didnt like Persona.

I haven’t played one final fantasy since they left turn based. New generation gamers aren’t about turn based though

I hear you, but I also see the success and overwhelming love of titles like DQ11 and P5… makes you wonder

I like that they are still making them, and as much as I like octopath and bravely default, etc. I think the world could use a next gen FF turn based banger :lol:

So I take it we’re not getting a XVI demo. Seems too close to RD at this point. Would have been cool a month ago to build hype for noobs but oh well. Hopefully the game delivers because they haven’t done much compared to XV in terms of marketing this title. I’m a fanboy and had to remind myself that this was dropping.

Going to give FFXV another playthrough starting this weekend. Haven’t played it since it first came out and it’s been long enough for me to forget most of the story aside from the key moments. I played the vanilla, interested to see what was added in the royal edition.

Going to give FFXV another playthrough starting this weekend. Haven’t played it since it first came out and it’s been long enough for me to forget most of the story aside from the key moments. I played the vanilla, interested to see what was added in the royal edition.
I'll check it out myself, once I'm done with the Yuffie Mission.

RPG Highlights:

Path of Exile 2 Trailer
Honkai: Star Rail to PS5 thi syear
Persona 3 remake, and a Persona Tactics game
Lies of P trailer
Sand Land annoucement (may be more action than RPG) Toriyama/Bandai collab
Yes, Your Grace Snowfall
FF7: EverCrisis (mobile) beta
Like a Dragon: Gaiden announced
Stellaris Nexus
Star Trek Infinite
FF Rebirth 2024 (early release) on *gasp* TWO DISCS :lol:

If I missed any, feel free to post.

Last edited:

LETS GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

81FB617E-DE65-4BB1-97CB-616FD3204D18.gif

The end of this year to early next year is going to be incredible for gaming! I’m thinking about Persona 3: Reloaded as well. I’m still trying to think about securing Persona 4.

I prefer turn based rpgs but I'm all in on ff7 rebirth.

That ff9 project looks incredible. I wonder how they'll make ozma look.

I love the new Zelda style games. BOTW is amazing to me. The weapon breaking does kind of suck. I wouldn’t mind that they break just not after a few hits. I mean even realistically a ancient sword should be able to last more then 10 hits :lol:

Outside of Famitsu, I dont think a Final Fantasy title has ever won a GOTY from a major publication. At least not in the last 20 years. I am speculating, but I think they are relegated to "best RPG" status.

Back
Top Bottom