The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OTII is the superior game in my eyes, 100%.

I'd venture it is my favorite game so far this year, outside of the Pixel Remasters.
I'm torn between FF 16, BG3, and AC 6 for my favorite of the year. The were all so much fun for me.

Yeah I have it on Steam so I'll be skipping this one. I don't understand why they couldn't just throw a few in there.

Incredible. Thoughts on the game?
  • Most fun I've had with a traditional RPG all year.
  • Every party member brings something unique to the table, both emotional baggage and otherwise.
  • No playthrough felt the same as the previous one (did 3 runs).
  • enough variability to keep things fresh over different runs.
  • still kept discovering new things i missed in subsequent runs.
  • definitely worth whatever the price tag you choose to buy it at.
  • Actually learned D&D mechanics from playing this game.
  • Co-op can be quite chaotic and fun :lol:
I'm looking forward to whatever expansion plans they have for the game. It was a blast the whole way through.

I forgot how good Super Mario RPG is.

Can be pretty tough in some sections. Between this and FINALLY getting to Legend of Dragoon again (and FFII on the go) I have been dowloading old music I used to listen to as a kid playing these games and am currently in a nostalgia overload.

Last edited:
Super Mario RPG was my first rpg. I would love to replay it but im not buying a switch for one game.

I’m gamer-washed. I still haven’t finished XVI, made it to Odin but got busy. Between finishing and the new content that dropped I’ll have enough to hold over until Rebirth drops.

I never finished 7R either, made it to the Shinra building but lost interest in finishing. Was never a fan a Midgar going back to the og game and felt like it didn’t really start until Kalm.

Man I am super hyped for Capcom’s current-gen Monster Hunter. This franchise prints them infinite amounts of money and the love the Devs put in the game is always incredible.

It’ll be very different if not impossible to get my irl friends into Monster Hunter but idc, solo is just as fun. I hope they really studied the feedback and combine the best parts about MH Rise and MH World

I was hoping for a 2024 date but 2025 is fine if it results in a properly polished release with minimal technical issues.

Back
Top Bottom