• Pokemon Acreus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I cant believe I never checked on this topic. I played way alot of RPG’s growing up.

FF7-10
Chrono Cross
Grandia 2
Star Ocean Til The End of Time
KH
Dark Cloud 1-2

Feel like im missing quite a few. I just really loved the turn based style, never got into to newer FF’s cause of this.

I cant believe I never checked on this topic. I played way alot of RPG’s growing up.

FF7-10
Chrono Cross
Grandia 2
Star Ocean Til The End of Time
KH
Dark Cloud 1-2

Feel like im missing quite a few. I just really loved the turn based style, never got into to newer FF’s cause of this.

Jump back in! The games you listed are all playable in (mostly) improved formats.

FFVII has a remake and a remaster, VIII has a remaster, IX has a remaster, and X has a remaster as well.
Chrono Cross has a remaster
Grandia 2 has a remaster
Star Ocean TTEOT has a HD Upgrade playable on PS4/5
Dark Cloud 1-2 are playable on PS4/5
Kingdom Hearts I don't follow so not sure where it sits

It is a great time to be an RPG fan, especially turn-based JRPG's, as they are seeing a resurgence.

Got South park: Fractured but whole free on playstation + extra. Pleasantly surprised, built like a traditional JRPG with mostly comedic elements.

Jump back in! The games you listed are all playable in (mostly) improved formats.

FFVII has a remake and a remaster, VIII has a remaster, IX has a remaster, and X has a remaster as well.
Chrono Cross has a remaster
Grandia 2 has a remaster
Star Ocean TTEOT has a HD Upgrade playable on PS4/5
Dark Cloud 1-2 are playable on PS4/5
Kingdom Hearts I don't follow so not sure where it sits

It is a great time to be an RPG fan, especially turn-based JRPG's, as they are seeing a resurgence.

Remaster means upgraded graphics? I have a Switch and Xbox and I know between the 2 FF is available, dont know about the others.

Remaster means upgraded graphics? I have a Switch and Xbox and I know between the 2 FF is available, dont know about the others.

Basically, yes. Some have added some quality of life improvements as well, but generally its the game you remember.

Grandia and Chrono Cross are for sure on Switch, as I have them both on mine. All the Final Fantasy's I noted are there too, except the VII Remake. Heck, FF1-6 got remasters which are excellent and are playable on Switch. Right now you can play 1-10 in improved format.

Switch also has some great demos. You might be interested in Octopath Traveler 1 and 2, Triangle Strategy, Bravely Default, and Fire Emblem.

Xbox has some of these, but I am not certain exactly which. Gamepass did (and might still) have some bangers: Tales of Arise, Sea of Stars, Persona 3, Eiyuden Chronicle, and Ni No Kuni 1 and 2. All worth checking out.

I'd say that is one of the more difficult fights. The boss before the final boss was my other one that took me some time.

If you look at the trophy list and want the Plat, you have to replay 10 bosses using a certain relic. It's alot easier than it sounds. Adds another few hours on.

Yeah I’m definitely going for the plat but I have to save one trophy for now. My next plat is #100! I need to pick the right game. Unfortunately I didn’t think of this until after I got the plat for Final Fantasy VI :smh:

I’m thinking Final Fantasy XVI or VII Rebirth. VII Rebirth is going to take me another 70 hours though :lol:

Bad Religion Bad Religion I didn’t realize Sea of Stars was set to leave PS+ Extra. I got a rude awakening this morning :smh:

I’ll wishlist it, grab it on sale and just play when the DLC drops.

Back
Top Bottom