The San Antonio Spurs have never repeated....vol LOL LOL LOL

So because Sports Illustrated calls them a Dynasty means it is fact? As I said, the definition of Dynasty isn't concrete by any means. Some believe winning is enough. Others say winning consecutively is needed. SI doesn't hold any weight in this.

Yes, it's a dynasty.

Beginning with the championship in '99 and ending with making the playoffs in '08, you have a playoff appearance every year, and 4 titles. And made the Conference Finals twice (lost to the Lakers both times
happy.gif
).

That's a freaking dynasty, man. Through the entire course of the run, opponents feared them.

I'm not saying they're more of a dynasty than my beloved Lakers when I make this next point, but who the hell was afraid of the 34-48 Lakers in '04-'05?
laugh.gif
The worst the Spurs ever finished was 50-32, last year.

Dynasty.

the spurs are a dynasty but how they failed to repeat is beyond me

they should've won in 2004 they would've beat detroit that year and they would've beat miami in 2006 d whistle phantom calls or no d whistle phantom calls.

4 'chips, 10+ straight playoff appearances, 10+ straight 50 win seasons....sounds like a dynasty to me.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by NobleKane

4 championships in a decade.... most nba teams dont get +@%+ in a 30 year span and u tryna clown 3 titles. you noob.
But is that a dynasty? When I think of a dynasty, I think of back to back wins AT LEAST. UCLA, Lakers, Bulls. Repeat champions. Nobody is saying the Spurs aren't the 1st/2nd best Pro Basketball team of the 2000s, but dynasty? Not sure if I can call them that either. Nobody is calling them a bad team again. Nobody is.
spurs-SI-1024.jpg

Thanks for playing.
f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

wow op is dumb. mods please expose this dude cuz u know its a back up name. hate people who dont have the balls to use their regular screenname.

4 championships in a decade.... most nba teams dont get +@%+ in a 30 year span and u tryna clown 3 titles. you noob.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So whose back up screen name is this?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
its not a back up...clown.
and i dont care if you make the playoffs 20 years in a row, if you are not capable of repeating, it is not considered a dynasty...thats silly talk.

2004 - .4
2006 - Dirk and 1 in game 7

Worst moments as a spurs fan. Honestly it depends how a dynasty in sports is defined and personally I'm happy with the success we had since Robinson arrived.

jellybean24:
i dont care if you make the playoffs 20 years in a row, if you are not capable of repeating, it is not considered a dynasty...thats silly talk.
So if a team literally WON the Finals every EVEN year and lost in the Conference Finals every ODD year,you wouldn't call that a dynasty?!

Please say yes so we can all be crystal clear on how clueless you are. Saying no will just confuse us.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

the spurs are a dynasty but how they failed to repeat is beyond me

they should've won in 2004 they would've beat detroit that year and they would've beat miami in 2006 d whistle phantom calls or no d whistle phantom calls.

Didn't the Spurs have a ridiculous amount of injuries in 04 and 06?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

jellybean24:
i dont care if you make the playoffs 20 years in a row, if you are not capable of repeating, it is not considered a dynasty...thats silly talk.
So if a team literally WON the Finals every EVEN year and lost in the Conference Finals every ODD year,you wouldn't call that a dynasty?!

Please say yes so we can all be crystal clear on how clueless you are. Saying no will just confuse us.

i really believe that if you do not repeat, you should not and are not considered a dynasty..
are the spurs a good franchise...yes

is duncan a HOF....yes

is it impressive they won 4 in 11 years..yes

are they a dynasty..NO

I think a dynasty is a force that needs to be taken down because it stands over time. I consider the concept of over time to be in succession. Lakers were a dynasty, they had to be taken down. Winning every other year doesn't ring the same as winning every year. Great Franchise

The Spurs have the most championships than any other club of the last decade.

How are they not a dynasty OP?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

ohwell.gif
read what DCAllamerican wrote.

DipsetGeneral:

ohwell.gif

Whoa, whoa, whoa... let's not get carried away.

LAKERS
00-01
01-02
08-09

SPURS
02-03
04-05
06-07

That 1999 Spurs championship is from what would have been the 98-99 season.

And does the 99-00 Lakers championship count as the last title of the 90s or the first title of the 00s? Because if it counts as the last title of the 90s (meaning it doesn't count for last decade), then the 09-10 counts as the last title of the 00s, so the Lakers have 4 for the decade.

I want an answer to this: if a team literally WON the Finals every EVEN year and lost in the Conference Finals every ODD year, you wouldn't call that a dynasty?!

DipsetGeneral wrote:

theyre a dynasty no doubt but most championship of the last decade? i hope that happens to be just a plain math mistake.

Back
Top Bottom