The Social Network dir. David Fincher - film about the creation of Facebook

Originally Posted by hymen man

Inception still the best movie of the year. This was pretty good too, I can't take JT serious as an actor though even though I'm a fan of his, dude just really didn't fit for me. I felt bad for Eduardo.

I totally agree with everything said above.

Originally Posted by hymen man

Inception still the best movie of the year. This was pretty good too, I can't take JT serious as an actor though even though I'm a fan of his, dude just really didn't fit for me. I felt bad for Eduardo.

I totally agree with everything said above.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

i'm very surprised that every time i talk about this movie with one of my friends or whatever they totally laugh it off or don't take it serious at all. I mean all you have to do is read some of the amazing reviews and see that it's Fincher and Sorkin and it's easy to realize this is a legit movie-of-the-year contender. I'm contemplating a midnight screening and multiple visits to the theater for this one.

Maybe people don't want to see a movie about Facebook.  I know I don't regardless of the reviews.

Could not agree more. This film could sweep the Oscars and I still wouldn't be interested. People spend enough time on Facebook. I don't need to see a 2 hour film about it, starring Bizzaro Michael Cera (Although Zombieland was excellent).

Also, the source material was written by Ben Mezrich (Bringing Down the House, which inspired 21) so I have a hard time jumping on board.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

i'm very surprised that every time i talk about this movie with one of my friends or whatever they totally laugh it off or don't take it serious at all. I mean all you have to do is read some of the amazing reviews and see that it's Fincher and Sorkin and it's easy to realize this is a legit movie-of-the-year contender. I'm contemplating a midnight screening and multiple visits to the theater for this one.

Maybe people don't want to see a movie about Facebook.  I know I don't regardless of the reviews.

Could not agree more. This film could sweep the Oscars and I still wouldn't be interested. People spend enough time on Facebook. I don't need to see a 2 hour film about it, starring Bizzaro Michael Cera (Although Zombieland was excellent).

Also, the source material was written by Ben Mezrich (Bringing Down the House, which inspired 21) so I have a hard time jumping on board.

what made this movie so good was Jessie Eisenberg stepping out of his comfort zone of an actor. He has been type-casted and he got out of the role he always plays. He did such a hell of a job, I hope more actors follow suit

what made this movie so good was Jessie Eisenberg stepping out of his comfort zone of an actor. He has been type-casted and he got out of the role he always plays. He did such a hell of a job, I hope more actors follow suit

Originally Posted by jordanhendrix

So, The Social Network: Mid level at best. Look out for Harry Potter in two weeks thats when TSN is dead.

Harry Potter isnt coming out in November?

Anyways, I agree with the rest of your post. Most people in America dont enjoy well made movies, they just want things to be force fed to them in the simplest way possible. This movie's gonna be up for some awards, and people still wont be interested because there arent explosions or people getting their !$*% ruined by some extreme bondage machines. Nor does it have the hype or mind bending ideas of Inception.

An amazing movie, point blank. Everything was
pimp.gif
about this.

Originally Posted by jordanhendrix

So, The Social Network: Mid level at best. Look out for Harry Potter in two weeks thats when TSN is dead.

Harry Potter isnt coming out in November?

Anyways, I agree with the rest of your post. Most people in America dont enjoy well made movies, they just want things to be force fed to them in the simplest way possible. This movie's gonna be up for some awards, and people still wont be interested because there arent explosions or people getting their !$*% ruined by some extreme bondage machines. Nor does it have the hype or mind bending ideas of Inception.

An amazing movie, point blank. Everything was
pimp.gif
about this.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

the movie is about business in the digital age, jealousy, identity, competition etc. it could have been about a hundred different companies. you don't have to be obsessed with facebook to like this movie.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

the movie is about business in the digital age, jealousy, identity, competition etc. it could have been about a hundred different companies. you don't have to be obsessed with facebook to like this movie.

not michael cera
laugh.gif

ive heard countless people say that. i guess they look alike though

not michael cera
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

not michael cera
laugh.gif

Hardly, imo at least. Perhaps it's the blond short hair? or the innocent awkward personalities they both seem to carry.

I'll probably catch this film on tuesday and see whats up. lol

Originally Posted by Physicx

not michael cera
laugh.gif

Hardly, imo at least. Perhaps it's the blond short hair? or the innocent awkward personalities they both seem to carry.

I'll probably catch this film on tuesday and see whats up. lol

I'm still really interested by all of it.

Amazing how Eduardo and Mark had such different views on Parker...and he really did him dirty.

I'm still really interested by all of it.

Amazing how Eduardo and Mark had such different views on Parker...and he really did him dirty.

this film was
pimp.gif
. It did not seem like it was 2 hrs long. i thought their was more to the film till the credits started rollin'

Back
Top Bottom