The Social Network dir. David Fincher - film about the creation of Facebook

Wow, same thing here. I went to a 4:05 pm show and when the movie ended I was thinking "what the hell, that was a really short movie" Then I looked at my phone and saw it was almost 6:30.

dope movie & great acting, even Justin Timberlake did a good job and that's a surprise.

I'd definitely recommend it.

dope movie & great acting, even Justin Timberlake did a good job and that's a surprise.

I'd definitely recommend it.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Very interesting read up there on Zuckerberg. One of his interests is minimalism, I've shaped my life and lifestyle around the concept. Smart man...

elaborate finnns
There's a lot to it, but in a sense a lot of it is about spacing, needing only what is necessary but of high quality, and good design. This doesn't just pertain to where you live, but ideas, organization, economics... It's pretty complicated.

Loved this movie. I agree that it flew by. Amazing how I remember some of the timeline, I remember being one of the first major schools invited to participate in facebook. I remember when it was "the facebook" too.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Very interesting read up there on Zuckerberg. One of his interests is minimalism, I've shaped my life and lifestyle around the concept. Smart man...

elaborate finnns
There's a lot to it, but in a sense a lot of it is about spacing, needing only what is necessary but of high quality, and good design. This doesn't just pertain to where you live, but ideas, organization, economics... It's pretty complicated.

Loved this movie. I agree that it flew by. Amazing how I remember some of the timeline, I remember being one of the first major schools invited to participate in facebook. I remember when it was "the facebook" too.
laugh.gif

I've been waiting to watch this movie and saw it last night at the midnight showing. Not many people came to watch it which I thought was surprising.

I enjoyed the movie. It's crazy how it all started out even though some of the events in the movie may not be true.

JT surprised me as well, he actually did a good job playing the part of Sean Parker.

I've been waiting to watch this movie and saw it last night at the midnight showing. Not many people came to watch it which I thought was surprising.

I enjoyed the movie. It's crazy how it all started out even though some of the events in the movie may not be true.

JT surprised me as well, he actually did a good job playing the part of Sean Parker.

I really enjoyed this movie. Jesse Eisenberg did a great job...his timing was impeccable, and he definitely had me laughing. JT surprised me as well. 
Oh, Brenda Song scared the heck out of me. 

I really enjoyed this movie. Jesse Eisenberg did a great job...his timing was impeccable, and he definitely had me laughing. JT surprised me as well. 
Oh, Brenda Song scared the heck out of me. 

It was good, great dialogue, but needed more humor.... There was tons of sequences where a comedic punchline would have killed...they added a serious dramatic effect

It was good, great dialogue, but needed more humor.... There was tons of sequences where a comedic punchline would have killed...they added a serious dramatic effect

Originally Posted by ReMarqable23

Excellent movie, it was pretty hilarious. Definitely recommended.

PS. Brenda Song is a psycho.

Yeah, she was psycho, but she sure looked good. 

Originally Posted by ReMarqable23

Excellent movie, it was pretty hilarious. Definitely recommended.

PS. Brenda Song is a psycho.

Yeah, she was psycho, but she sure looked good. 

Inception still the best movie of the year. This was pretty good too, I can't take JT serious as an actor though even though I'm a fan of his, dude just really didn't fit for me. I felt bad for Eduardo.

Inception still the best movie of the year. This was pretty good too, I can't take JT serious as an actor though even though I'm a fan of his, dude just really didn't fit for me. I felt bad for Eduardo.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Just got back from a matinee showing. I liked it a lot.

I can't help but wonder if this won't be one of the most successful movies ever, considering how relevant Facebook is.

Over 500 million active users. About one out of every fourteenth person in the world.
No way, not even close, half of those 500MM dont use FB regularly and even if they were it doesn't mean they're going running to the movies for it. Pick any other website (Yahoo, Myspace) most people dont care.
Heres the first fact T.S.N make 25 Million this weekend (an estimate off of its 8M on Fri) 

other movies that did around that recently:

The Town

Resident Evil

Takers

Movies that crushed on opening weekend

Inception: 62 MM

Its get much crazier for the big boys:

Iron Man 128MM

So, The Social Network: Mid level at best. Look out for Harry Potter in two weeks thats when TSN is dead.

Either way, the movie is well made, fun and of course fascinating. If you think you may like it you wont be disappointed.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Just got back from a matinee showing. I liked it a lot.

I can't help but wonder if this won't be one of the most successful movies ever, considering how relevant Facebook is.

Over 500 million active users. About one out of every fourteenth person in the world.
No way, not even close, half of those 500MM dont use FB regularly and even if they were it doesn't mean they're going running to the movies for it. Pick any other website (Yahoo, Myspace) most people dont care.
Heres the first fact T.S.N make 25 Million this weekend (an estimate off of its 8M on Fri) 

other movies that did around that recently:

The Town

Resident Evil

Takers

Movies that crushed on opening weekend

Inception: 62 MM

Its get much crazier for the big boys:

Iron Man 128MM

So, The Social Network: Mid level at best. Look out for Harry Potter in two weeks thats when TSN is dead.

Either way, the movie is well made, fun and of course fascinating. If you think you may like it you wont be disappointed.

Jessie Eisenberg was amazing, point blank. He deserves an Oscar nod for the best actor, he was incredibly believable...his lines were witty and comical and he was so on point with his timing and inflections.

JT as Sean Parker was cool, Brenda Song was great to look at, nice to see her get out of the Disney role.

I loved the movie, but "The Town" is still movie of the year. This is certainly up there

Jessie Eisenberg was amazing, point blank. He deserves an Oscar nod for the best actor, he was incredibly believable...his lines were witty and comical and he was so on point with his timing and inflections.

JT as Sean Parker was cool, Brenda Song was great to look at, nice to see her get out of the Disney role.

I loved the movie, but "The Town" is still movie of the year. This is certainly up there

Back
Top Bottom