THE STRAIN on FX -- from Guillermo Del Toro -- Sunday, July 13 at 10pm

You see why it's Setrakian life mission to get homie.

He systematically destroyed everything he loved.

Marlo. :wow: :pimp:

Master gave the old man some of that vampire Molly water from the fountain of youth. :smh:

His caretaker knows he shoulda just killed him when he had the chance.

Yea, I'm pretty sure that was the Master talking through that female vampire. Called him the same name he did when Setrakian ran up on him in the sewers. They just wanted that poor guy to suffer, I don't think they wanted him dead in the flashback.
yea like wats so special about setrakian they didnt just kill him 70 years ago?

You see why it's Setrakian life mission to get homie.

He systematically destroyed everything he loved.

Marlo. :wow: :pimp:

Master gave the old man some of that vampire Molly water from the fountain of youth. :smh:

His caretaker knows he shoulda just killed him when he had the chance.
Going off the previews if son could provide eternal health or even youth I'd take that over the vamp life

yea like wats so special about setrakian they didnt just kill him 70 years ago?

I've re-watched the last episode and a couple of the earlier ones, and it seems as though both the master and the German are on that troll life and they are tormenting the old man. Like when the master broke his fingers and let him live. Or when the German gave him the gun and was mocking his God and how he didn't have the courage to shot him. Remember when the German visited him in the jail, he even told him that (paraphrasing) he wasn't allowed to die yet, he had to suffer some more, and he hadn't lost everything yet.

Stuff didn't get real until the German got shot in the leg. It seems as though that is when the master and the German started to actively try to kill him.

Last edited:
They want to break him before killing him and I bet if he does even then they won't kill kill him, they'd turn him.

Evil for the sake of evil.

The Master sees another whole century project in Eph :lol: :smh: Torture dude till old age and have fun with it.

They want to break him before killing him and I bet if he does even then they won't kill kill him, they'd turn him.

Evil for the sake of evil.

The Master sees another whole century project in Eph :lol: :smh: Torture dude till old age and have fun with it.

I think that they are going to have fun with him. They already have his wife. They just need to get his son and watch him fall apart. The old man even said that the master feeds off of misery and pain.

Eichorst and the Master definitely about that troll life with Setrakian.
laugh.gif

Eph is gonna have to kill his wife and then, it's gonna end like Sons of Anarchy season 2. Eichorst will swoop it and swipe Zach and Fet/Setrakian gonna have to hold him back while he's screaming.

Ugh, I really hope that's not how they end the season :lol:

I watched it. Curious to see next seasons story line. Very thrown with the way the master got away. They def have quite a few stories to hit next season. I thought gus was about to converted too :lol:

Man I was pissed, whitehead punk scurried down the building like a pregnant rat....I was like wtf !!!!!!

I thought it was cool how all the vamps started moonwalking when the master was in trouble :lol:

I'm mad none of them guys attacked while they did that :lol:

It was a cool finale but not the best for this type of show or the way the season went. I mean it's obvious dude is capable of things a regular human isn't just off of athleticism but that escape was like Spider-Manish. Son soaking in all of the sun's rays and then just crawls down the side hops over a few rooftops and scurrys back in to the sewer. Had dudes stunned. It was like they made it a real grounded fight and then bam hit you with this giant vampire is on some super agility steez. So now I'm like they must've really been ******* with the old man cuz he never had a chance.

I thought the rays were hurting him and would kill him if he stayed in long enough. Figured given however long he's been alive he has some minutes of resistance before succumbing. Even Dracula doesn't automatically turn in to dust in sunlight.

Setrakian a trip too, getting on his cliche say some definitive line before killing him nonsense. The whole time dude was on the floor I was like KILL HIM! KILL HIM! I'm like where is Eph at?!!!? How you just standing back and watching? Kill dude together!!!! DO IT NOW!!!! Nah they just stand their in amazement :lol: :smh: Like they aint know dude would have some last minute tricks in his sleeve if he was about to die.

I wanted way more Gus this ep. Hope they deliver in S2. That needs to take priority and get really fleshed out.

When Eph saw his wife though :smh: Taking that drink. They went hard on that emotional pivotal alcoholic breaks his sobriety scene and one liner.

:rofl: @ the old man throwing the woman off the building. I knew it was gonna happen when he said lets talk privately. I only wish we got to hear what he said to her to get her to hug him having her thinking it's all good before killing her. I love those type of scenes when character is just completely oblivious.

All in all I'm still down. Will be back for next season despite the dip in quality after like the first 3 eps.

It's all about the journey with these types of shows, the ender is never good enough....word to sopranos,lost, Seinfeld, lost, etc etc

Most of the time it seems like the writers don't know how to end it and wind ending it n some ********.

Old dude shoulda had the nail gun with him too, he's pretty cool with the canesword but c'mon always gotta have a backup weapon.

:lol: "The white"

Fools didn't attack any vamps while they were back pedaling. Gave lil man a sword and he didn't put in any work :smh:

Ancient vamps and their seal team basically watched everything go down from the start :rolleyes Should have killed the master a long time ago. His whole plan is stupid anyway gonna run out of humans to feed off.

Master running around in a peasant robe...couch/sewer surfing. Ancient dudes sleeping naked on some Hannibal lector/hand truck/vampire hi chair things :smh: Their hideout is much better though. Setrakian is the only one doing it somewhat right.

Last edited:
the finale was dope for setting up s2, like nobody died or anything

pimp.gif
 at nora finally ready to kill something

gus had me 
roll.gif
  trying to sneak the vampire like 3 times in the ep, and then break out runnin the last time

so there are like 5 masters all bound to a truce to sleep? and the master that setrakian is fighting broke that truce by waking up?

pimp.gif
 at fitzwilliam standin up too, i wanna see the power team of him, gus and fet 
pimp.gif

they should have at least definately killed eichhorst during the moonwalk. all the time dutch was shootin but never a headshot 
mean.gif

i wanted to punch sam thru a wall when the mom showed up tho, but i guess maybe part of the effect of telepathy is blindness

im sorry but i felt no emotional buildup when eph took that drink, like there are bigger fish than whether or not he takes a shot 
laugh.gif

and this was like the third time dutch offered him a drink 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
 when fet blew up those vampires

thought for sure the mom was going to walk around the house and walk thru the front door and kill dutch or setrakian 
laugh.gif

looking forward to s2 
pimp.gif

"IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLLLLYYY!"
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Setrakian been waiting all his life to get the Master, had him right where he wanted and instead of killing him immediately decided to start a battle cry.

Had me like

7c9cbbedb3.gif

I understand they couldn't blow their load and kill off the Master in the first season, but they could gone about it a different way. In fact I thought the Master was calling back all those vamps to distract Setrakian and Eph so he could make a hasty retreat.

The stuff with Gus and the vamp squad was interesting. Him getting sonned repeatedly was comedy.

Once Eph & Zach went back home you knew the confrontation with Vamp Kelly was going down. Thought it would've been more drawn out.

Palmer chucking that broad off the building.
roll.gif

Looking forward to season 2 and might look into picking up the books.

it ended more or less like the first book does. as of now the show won't be back until next Summer :frown:

It's all about the journey with these types of shows, the ender is never good enough....word to sopranos,lost, Seinfeld, lost, etc etc

Most of the time it seems like the writers don't know how to end it and wind ending it n some ********.

Old dude shoulda had the nail gun with him too, he's pretty cool with the canesword but c'mon always gotta have a backup weapon.
He had the nail gun and shot the master with it and I think he smacked it out of his hand, then later the master fell outside in the open and Setrakian picked up his sword. It just went too slow for me in how he stalled.
:lol: "The white"

Fools didn't attack any vamps while they were back pedaling. Gave lil man a sword and he didn't put in any work :smh:

Ancient vamps and their seal team basically watched everything go down from the start :rolleyes Should have killed the master a long time ago. His whole plan is stupid anyway gonna run out of humans to feed off.
Those scenes reminded me of Blade and Underworld. I assume there was some agreement/truce in place. The Master (which we're probably have to stop calling him that cuz I know them other ancient vamps aint calling him that) probably ran things in Europe and these 3 ancient vamps handled the Americas.

He came to NYC and that was basically like declaring war.

Last edited:

He had the nail gun and shot the master with it and I think he smacked it out of his hand, then later the master fell outside in the open and Setrakian picked up his sword. It just went too slow for me in how he stalled.

Nah the exterminator had the nail gun, he shot the German in the face with it when he was about to drink him.

Guess it didn't matter anyway....can't kill the master in season one....but a better escape would've sat better with me that was just too easy.

No strain till next summer :smh: reminds me why I stopped keeping up with series that's way too long of a wait.

They shot all those other vamps in the head so easily but nobody could get a head shot on the German smh

Nah the exterminator had the nail gun, he shot the German in the face with it when he was about to drink him.

Guess it didn't matter anyway....can't kill the master in season one....but a better escape would've sat better with me that was just too easy.

No strain till next summer :smh: reminds me why I stopped keeping up with series that's way too long of a wait.
Damn well maybe I confused things

I would've swore when the master smacked the **** out of Setrakian and he went flying and dropped the sword that while lying down he shot him with the nail gun before getting up but maybe I confused that with Fet.

it read so much better in the book. You felt like they were about to win/kill the master, but then he dips and you feel the disappointment and deafeated-ness from the team (the hacker isn't even tthere in the book)

I enjoyed the finale. The season overall was decent. Ultimately the show suffers a bit from having a small budget. The effects and make-up look cheap & the acting is mediocre at best.
But almost every episode was entertaining. Looking forward to season 2.

I'm mad none of them guys attacked while they did that :lol:

It was a cool finale but not the best for this type of show or the way the season went. I mean it's obvious dude is capable of things a regular human isn't just off of athleticism but that escape was like Spider-Manish. Son soaking in all of the sun's rays and then just crawls down the side hops over a few rooftops and scurrys back in to the sewer. Had dudes stunned. It was like they made it a real grounded fight and then bam hit you with this giant vampire is on some super agility steez. So now I'm like they must've really been ******* with the old man cuz he never had a chance.

I thought the rays were hurting him and would kill him if he stayed in long enough. Figured given however long he's been alive he has some minutes of resistance before succumbing. Even Dracula doesn't automatically turn in to dust in sunlight.

Setrakian a trip too, getting on his cliche say some definitive line before killing him nonsense. The whole time dude was on the floor I was like KILL HIM! KILL HIM! I'm like where is Eph at?!!!? How you just standing back and watching? Kill dude together!!!! DO IT NOW!!!! Nah they just stand their in amazement :lol: :smh: Like they aint know dude would have some last minute tricks in his sleeve if he was about to die.

I wanted way more Gus this ep. Hope they deliver in S2. That needs to take priority and get really fleshed out.

When Eph saw his wife though :smh: Taking that drink. They went hard on that emotional pivotal alcoholic breaks his sobriety scene and one liner.

:rofl: @ the old man throwing the woman off the building. I knew it was gonna happen when he said lets talk privately. I only wish we got to hear what he said to her to get her to hug him having her thinking it's all good before killing her. I love those type of scenes when character is just completely oblivious.

All in all I'm still down. Will be back for next season despite the dip in quality after like the first 3 eps.

All of this.

I was sitting in there in awe at their stupidity for just watching the master diddy bop away. Walder Frey kept talking about how they were so close to killing the master last time that he finally gets the chance again and there he is with that stupid smirk on his face.

Back
Top Bottom