THE STRAIN on FX -- from Guillermo Del Toro -- Sunday, July 13 at 10pm

So I was watching Fruitvale Station this evening and Fet was one of the cops... Made me look at him differently :lol: :smh:

Season 1 made my head hurt.

I really want to like this show but I don't.

Will watch opener in hopes it cleaned up a bit.

Feel like its been off an unusually long time tho.

Season 1 was so bad that it was hilarious. I'll tune in to a few episodes of S2 just to hate on it some more before I completely give up on it like Walking Dead :lol:

Last edited:
Season 2 kicks off on Sunday.

Man too many shows on Sunday now.

True Detective, Ballers, The Strain, Ray Donovan, Masters of Sex, The Last Ship.

And some of them might run into the new NFL season too.

Anybody watchin? :nerd:
Gave up in season one on the episode where dude comes home not knowing about the change in his neighborhood with the taxi driver(who knoes). He sees his wife changed when he entered his crib, runs back to the taxi to tell dude to mash the gas, and the taxi diver gets out with that horrible gun to shoot the "zombies" then get his *** ate up long with the passenger.

The only things I'm interested in this season is that hot, blonde computer hacker and that vampire swat team that recruited gus.

Gonna check the premiere this week.

My Sunday lineup of shows is packed right now.

:rofl: @ the story of how the master got that body

those kids :smh:

Judging by this promo they stepped it up :smokin

Last edited:
I like this show I see alot of people online not just here complaining but I always been entertained by this show since last season....Good story line to explain the Master's orgin i'm looking forward to this season they will step it up just like POWER did...

I like this show I see alot of people online not just here complaining but I always been entertained by this show since last season....Good story line to explain the Master's orgin i'm looking forward to this season they will step it up just like POWER did...

Yeah the problem is many seem to have gotten away from writing about this style of show. I don't watch much fantasy stuff so it's enjoyable to me. I laugh out loud at some of the corny parts but I'm completely OK with them. It's a fun hour for me when I'm looking to lay down and relax and not have to focus completely on the dialogue

:lol: Wow liquifying the worms in order to use them as eye drops so you can live longer than most humans is so ****** up and pretty cool.

Makes sense given he's a Holocaust survivor.

:rofl: @ the black ops vamps getting got like that. I don't see how Gus goes back to the other ancient vamps and tells them what happened :lol:

I think many of us know on other shows how writers tend to write young teenage children well. It's usually the daughters that get written in such a way it makes the audience hate them (Homeland, Ray Donovan, etc. Only BB has succeeded in recent memory) but WOW @ how they made this kid a brat all of S2 so far. Eph's son every ep is approaching I hope he dies territory and it's so amazing because the first season the kid was either forgettable or likeable. Now he's just pain with that annoying face he puts on cuz his small mind can not comprehend the threat NYC is under. Talking about his dad is a doctor so just cure everybody. It's like this kid aint never played a video game or watched a scary movie in his life or read sci-fi. You don't cure monsters, you kill them. Charge ya moms to the game b.

This is the only show I watch, and man...it's almost as they are making this up as they go on.

My man with the dynamite and bombs getting romantic with the British chick :pimp:

I agree with the kid being bratty.

Yeah, wonder what Gus is going to do now. Also, eager to know what the former bodyguard cat will do now that he went to visit his fire fighter brother.

Wasn't even paying attention to how old this dude must be until he said it then I'm like Word he was like 20 during ww2 .I was hoping they would found the son turned into a vampire or suttin

via IGN:
Speaking of obnoxious, Zach continued his quest to become The Strain's answer to Lori on The Walking Dead. There's no reason Zach shouldn't be the most sympathetic character right now. He just lost his mother, and he sees his father as culpable in her "death." Unfortunately, Max Charles brings no subtlety to the role. Charles comes across as more petulant brat than tortured child, and it's doing a disservice to the character.
And the writing on this show stinks. In comparison to other shows on FX, how is still staff still employed?

Last edited:
Speaking of the son, they recasted the role.
Didn't even notice. Cast a kid with jerk face.

View media item 1647067
via IGN:

Speaking of obnoxious, Zach continued his quest to become The Strain's answer to Lori on The Walking Dead. There's no reason Zach shouldn't be the most sympathetic character right now. He just lost his mother, and he sees his father as culpable in her "death." Unfortunately, Max Charles brings no subtlety to the role. Charles comes across as more petulant brat than tortured child, and it's doing a disservice to the character.

And the writing on this show stinks. In comparison to other shows on FX, how is still staff still employed?
I feel they cast this new kid on purpose.
Why didn't they just...put their hoods back on? :lol:
:lol: Probably wouldn't be enough anyway.

Those guys got taken out rather easily though. Not as much of a force as they were portrayed to be and they weren't taken down in a gradual way at all.

Last edited:
^i was expecting the SWAT vamps to have some Tony Stark technology to repel the UV ray :lol:

The build up was way too much for them to be taken out by disco lights in a minute :frown:

Back
Top Bottom