The Tesla Motors Appreciation Thread

Well I got to sit in a CT finally and I was disappointed. It’s decision time…. Do I accept mine and sell for What I paid or just not go through and eat the 1k deposit…. Ugh! This sucks

Well I got to sit in a CT finally and I was disappointed. It’s decision time…. Do I accept mine and sell for What I paid or just not go through and eat the 1k deposit…. Ugh! This sucks

Can you ask if they can hold your order for Non-Foundation? 20k Mark up is not worth it. I got mine in April.. 4k miles in so far. Other than some cosmetic issues that got fixed right away, it has been the best daily driver I've owned.

Can you ask if they can hold your order for Non-Foundation? 20k Mark up is not worth it. I got mine in April.. 4k miles in so far. Other than some cosmetic issues that got fixed right away, it has been the best daily driver I've owned.
No they wont transfer over the 1k deposit to a non FS but that isn’t my issue. For me personally I feel there is value in the FS and idk have no problem paying the 20k for it but the interior space is much much smaller than I expected.

My Raptor has significantly more space both in height and width. Three adults fit just fine in my Raptor, not happening in a CT.

I do t doubt that it’s an amazing drive and I might keep it for a few hundred miles just to experience it but that would be it. I’d sell and get a more spacious daily.

I can’t remember, did you get a beast or AWD?

Considering leasing a Tesla in the next two months-

Can yall give me the 3-5 most annoying things about having a Tesla? Like things you wish you knew before you took the plunge, things to look out for etc? Key card/ fob issues? Charging issues? Repairs?

I wanna go electric but can’t decide if it’s too much of a hassle.

Considering leasing a Tesla in the next two months-

Can yall give me the 3-5 most annoying things about having a Tesla? Like things you wish you knew before you took the plunge, things to look out for etc? Key card/ fob issues? Charging issues? Repairs?

I wanna go electric but can’t decide if it’s too much of a hassle.
I’ve owned a 3 and now own a Y.

Fun car. Like the continuous OTA updates. Random new ****/updates will happen that you’re like oh nice. Easy app to use with some good controls (and camera access).

Few things I don’t like-
-range is super inaccurate. You get shorted a lot
-going to a supercharger to charge all the time I’m sure can get annoying af (I charge at work, very rarely at home. Almost never at a supercharger)
-quality is trash. Feels like it would be sold at ikea
-back to the range. You’re not supposed to let the battery drop under 10%(or is it 20%?) and you’re only supposed to go up to 80% (for daily driving). So you’re essentially getting 70% of battery (with a significantly less range than advertised- in my case at least)

I’ve owned a 3 and now own a Y.

Fun car. Like the continuous OTA updates. Random new ****/updates will happen that you’re like oh nice. Easy app to use with some good controls (and camera access).

Few things I don’t like-
-range is super inaccurate. You get shorted a lot
-going to a supercharger to charge all the time I’m sure can get annoying af (I charge at work, very rarely at home. Almost never at a supercharger)
-quality is trash. Feels like it would be sold at ikea
-back to the range. You’re not supposed to let the battery drop under 10%(or is it 20%?) and you’re only supposed to go up to 80% (for daily driving). So you’re essentially getting 70% of battery (with a significantly less range than advertised- in my case at least)

What was the reason you got another one after deciding the quality was trash?

townbidness townbidness yeah no chance I’m buying 😂

Love my Y. Had it now 2 yrs. I have a wall charger at home and super convenient not having to allocate time to gas up at the station. I commute 5 days with it (100 mi RT each day) and saves me $$. Cant hate anything about it even though i paid the high price. No regrets. Got the xpel stealth on it right away and now searching for aftermarket 21s or 22s
IMG_8418.jpeg

What was the reason you got another one after deciding the quality was trash?
I needed a little more space and was able to qualify for the fed rebate and a local California rebate. Along with charging for free basically 99% of the time . So for that reason, everything kinda offsets to me.

Love my Y. Had it now 2 yrs. I have a wall charger at home and super convenient not having to allocate time to gas up at the station. I commute 5 days with it (100 mi RT each day) and saves me $$. Cant hate anything about it even though i paid the high price. No regrets. Got the xpel stealth on it right away and now searching for aftermarket 21s or 22s
IMG_8418.jpeg
Has having a wall charger affect your electricity bill in a big way?

Not at all. I get to charge after midnight when it’s cheaper. And i just recently got Solar for my house so now essentially I can charge for “free” in the afternoon after work

Back
Top Bottom