the thread about nothing...

Yes. That is all too real. When I was with my ex, I was blown away at how many Spanish words there were in Tagalog. I remember when we were just talking and I was around her friends, I noticed they were talking about having visitors cause I heard visitas and when I heard the word for window I was like "[emoji]128064[/emoji] That's Spanish ***"

The crazy part is that even tho some words are the same..the two languages are completely different

"We had putos"
roll.gif

Why are you guys surprised tagalog has many spanish-ish words. Did you guys look up the history of the country? It just makes sens.

Same thing goes for food and any other cultural similarities.

Yes. That is all too real. When I was with my ex, I was blown away at how many Spanish words there were in Tagalog. I remember when we were just talking and I was around her friends, I noticed they were talking about having visitors cause I heard visitas and when I heard the word for window I was like "[emoji]128064[/emoji] That's Spanish ***"
The crazy part is that even tho some words are the same..the two languages are completely different
Why are you guys surprised tagalog has many spanish-ish words. Did you guys look up the history of the country? It just makes sens.

Yep. "A loanword is a word adopted from one language (the donor language) and incorporated into another language without translation."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loanword

"The Philippines was the lone colony of the Spanish Empire in Asia for more than three centuries."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippines–Spain_relations

Last edited:
langage, food, religion, influence on the folklore, architecture, etc.

those similarities come from the Spanish. Of course, each country that was under the spanish empire put their own twist on it but you can tell there are similarities.

Kind of like South-African being very similar to Dutch, my native language. I can at least translate or guess certain words because of their similarities.

What are you talking about? Pretty sure if the battery is dead, it always starts a new game each time you turn it on. His old team wouldn't be there.

Also, there are save state batteries in all of the old Pokemon cartridges (RBY and GSC).
I'm Pretty Sure That Was A Gen1 Game With Those Goofy Sprites. Gen 2 Had Night & Day Time & Some Other Feature That Led To The Game Needing To Be Battery Powered 24/7. When That Battery Goes Bad Then You Can't Save Anymore. Went Through This Last Year When I Found My Old Crystal
You're right about the goofy sprites, lol. But there is a coin cell battery in all Gen 1 and Gen 2 cartridges... I know this because I replaced it in each each of mine, and any previous save data was erased during the battery change. I think Yellow took a smaller CR1616 battery, but the others all had CR2025s, IIRC.

UPDATE: huh, this is an interesting technique I didn't know about back when I replaced mine. I used an external storage device to save my save files while I changed batteries, but I guess you don't need that if you do this:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Change-Game-Boy-Cartridge-Battery/

Last edited:
Copping the new MacBook for the wifey, gonna take over her current MacBook. The migration process has gotten better but it's still a ***** to do all the backing up and ****

yeah

natural things are tagalog

things the spaniard brought are spanish 

things the US brought are english 

Just saw Kay Slay at the acme and liquor store in edgewater commons. Had on a chunky cuban but was pushing on old Tahoe smh.

Back
Top Bottom