the thread about nothing...

I appreciate his joke-scenario set up before he delivers the actual joke

Dude spends like 5 minutes building up a backstory and rolls with like 4-5 jokes off of that one story :lol:
This reminds me of something I've thought about recently. A lot of comedians are story tellers rather than real comedians. 99% of the stories that they tell are not true. So if you think about it, they're getting paid a lot of money to tell fake funny stories. A lot of people can do that. 

not true, that's why a lot of comedians suck. timing, delivery, their voice are all big factors among many other variables.

not true, that's why a lot of comedians suck. timing, delivery, their voice are all big factors among many other variables.
My main point is a lot of comedians don't actually tell jokes, they just tell stories. Do you think all that stuff really happened to Kevin Hart or Gabriel Iglesias?

My main point is a lot of comedians don't actually tell jokes, they just tell stories. Do you think all that stuff really happened to Kevin Hart or Gabriel Iglesias?

Most of the stories are true or a portion of them are. They build on a situation and sometimes sensationalize and embellish in order to make a point or joke. It's called entertainment.

Pace, emphasis on specific words, voice, the ability to tell different stories with a running joke that glues them together (ex. Dave Chappelle) ain't easy. You got guys like Louis CK that point out stuff you just gloss over in daily life and make you realize how silly some stuff is while making a rational observation.

Comedy and story telling go hand-in-hand

Last edited:
Wait so your telling me Dave Chappelle really didnt buy a couple dime bags off that baby on the corner infront the projects at 3am?

Lmao.... I was going to maention this.

Dave said what really happened was like 6yr old was walking around in the hood by himself at like 2 or 3am and Dave made a story up about a baby selling drugs. But it came from a real experience, which dude up there can't seem to grasp.

Dave said what really happened was like 6yr old was walking around in the hood by himself at like 2 or 3am and Dave made a story up about a baby selling drugs. But it came from a real experience, which dude up there can't seem to grasp.

:lol:

My pops whos in his 60s loves that special. Hell randomly tell me "baby go home!" :rofl:

Obviously they exaggerate stories to fit the jokes, I get that... It's just hard for me to laugh at their stories sometimes because they're not believable. Comedy is subjective. This is just my opinion. 

Lol different strokes for different folks

Is that how the saying goes? Methinks I'm butchering it.

Anyway, for me...one of the funniest stories ever told is mad outlandish. It's a pretty hard story to believe. But the Russian school trip aka The Machine story is hilarious lol

Last edited:
How much money should I take with me to expend two good weeks in LA? 

Not including tickets or the place where I'm gonna stay 

Last edited:
Slowwalkers are cancer . Sorry granny you should not be walking anymore tho 

Japan got it figured out, people all walk in the same direction on one side of the side walk etc. And on escalators people who aren't walking at the same time will all stand on the same side. They been living in 3017 for years

Slowwalkers are cancer . Sorry granny you should not be walking anymore tho 

Japan got it figured out, people all walk in the same direction on one side of the side walk etc. And on escalators people who aren't walking at the same time will all stand on the same side. They been living in 3017 for years

I can't F with how Japanese ppl cram themselves in their trains like sardines though

I need my personal space

Last edited:
I think yesterday's Japanese Steakhouse ruined me for all steakhouses.

I didn't use a fork and knife at all. I just used a chopstick and every piece melted in your mouth

How much money should I take with me to expend two good weeks in LA? 

Not including tickets or the place where I'm gonna stay 

Come say what's up pa.
Im from LA.
You gonna have to bring about $1500 for two weeks.
And rent a car

1000 to 500 depending WHAT plans you have like do party alot drink smoke exclusive restaurants etc etc
This seems rather conservative 
Australia have that system going on as well , it works is true , their tolerance to ppl is also unmatchable ... goes along with the lack of personal space 
I can't F with how Japanese ppl cram themselves in their trains like sardines though

I need my personal space
Couldn't agree more with this 
Come say what's up pa.
Im from LA.
You gonna have to bring about $1500 for two weeks.
And rent a car
I was thinking in about that tbh . And the CAR is a must 

you can be sure I wil man :D 

Gonna be good times GOOOD TIMES  

Thanks everyone 

Back
Top Bottom