the thread about nothing...

IMG_8436.GIF
New emojis are trash! Who gave the thumbs up?
Just copy these url

Ouch, did you get surgery for it? I had a torn cuff, surgery was not fun but the relief is amazing
Unfortunately, no. Doctors simply told me it was a separation that didn't need surgery. Should have opted for surgery because that killed any chance I had in playing baseball in JC.

I had something called an AC joint separation. Not exactly a shoulder separation but because I think that involves muscle. As I understand it was the actual joint (I could be wrong)

Either way I never could bench press heavy after that but everything else I can pretty much do with my shoulder.

Yeah, that's the joint that connects from the end of your collar bone to your shoulder. That's what happened to me the first time.

My throwing motion is weird now. I can throw a baseball just fine, but when I try to throw with more force, I have a sharp pain within my inner shoulder.

When throwing a football, I basically have to side arm throw it. If I throw above the my shoulder, the pain strikes.

Makes me sad, tbh. I'm hoping my daughter and future kids don't have the enjoyment in sports derailed because of my frail shoulders.

I suck at the bench press...Never had the upper body strength that a lot of people thought I had lol.

But I could deadlift and squat just fine.

Screenshot_2017-07-19-14-18-32.png

Drew this in my sophomore year of HS 3 years ago. On the WuTang one I marked Staten in the wrong area looks like thats where buffalo should be

Yea, right now I can't even take a pic, let alone upload it. So weird cuz I was taking videos of myself lifting just an hr ago.

Man this sucks

you recently got back to the gym right ?

Yeah, just a 3 day break though. I've been lifting 3 days a week and doing basketball drills every other day. It just became too much.

Damn

Take it easy, the backs the worst thinv to hurt. Hope its nothin major bro

I'm starting to realize how important your lower back is in every day life. Just reaching across the counter is painful.

It has started to feel better after sleep + stretching/mobilization. Going to keep up with that and the ibuprofen. The chiro is an option I'll probably use considering something is probably out of place.

One thing I left out: I may have a hernia. I've been having a slight discomfort in my groin/abdominal area for the last day and a half that hasn't subsided. I really, REALLY hope it's not that serious. I don't want those problems. :lol:

Man I was in a similar situation to you. Sucks bro. Just a week ago I disliked playing table tennis because if I missed a ping pong ball and had to pick it up it would hurt. Like if I bent down too quickly it would hurt.

I feel much better this week though.

Yup I'm at a similar point. I'm taking a week off the gym and letting everything chill out. I don't want to lose progress, but I'm thinking long term. Gonna turn my usual gym time into some reading time. I've been slacking on that for months. I miss my books.

chiropractor and stretching helped me

Chiro is on deck.

Tip for anyone with serious back pain: DO NOT get back surgery, ever. It'll be more likely that surgery causes even more problems than leaving it alone. Just ask Steve Kerr.

Yeah I heard ghost stories about surgery. I'm never going that route. I've never seen an instance in pro sports/wrestling where dudes had back surgeries and came out better.

Hasn't Hulk Hogan had like 5 back surgeries and still can't move?

On a positive note, I just registered for college classes for the first time in almost 5 years.

I never thought I'd go back. I thought I had the entrepreneurial DNA in me, but I don't.

I can't say I'm bursting with joy, but I do feel some sense of pride and satisfaction in knowing I'm doing something positive. I feel like I'm moving forward.

car broke down and my phone ran out of batteries. Was a mission out there but CAA came after 3 hours

Did some yardwork earlier. Moved dirt from one side of a crib to the other. Did 16 wheelbarrows full up some narrow winding path on the side of the crib. Bouta get in these squats. 2 a days *arm flexing emoji

20170719_124156.jpg

Back
Top Bottom