the thread about nothing...

How hard do you hit in tackle football? I’m talking about just playing with your boys at a park/field. No protection or anything.

Thinking about the times I used to play and how some people would be trying to lay the hit stick on dudes coming across the middle. **** was a defenseless receiver penalty half the time. Got me thinking: is there a degree of courtesy that should be considered when playing? Because in my opinion, there’s no reason you have to be out here trying to murder dudes in meaningless football. The whole reason I stopped playing was because dude killed me after a dropped ball and I wound up bouncing my head off the ground. Thought I had a concussion.

I’m fine taking a hit, but it’s the wind up with intent to kill that irks me.

It's ok to have goals. But they have to be attainable.

If you've been a D student most of you school career, it's pointless to aim for straight A's

Got to aim for C's first

20180106_083456.jpg

I disagree. If the goals you’re setting are demoralizing you than your goals were unrealistic, either for the time limit you gave yourself, you overestimated the difficulty of the task and thus how long it would take you, your may have overestimated your own skills/ability and/or your current progress/status and how far away you are from your goal.

I also think failing to reach a goal is humbling. I’ve missed the mark on some fitness goals recently and it’s driving me to tighten things up and focus harder as I reassess what I did and try again.

It also depends on the person. Some people operate better with just a clear vision of what they want while they move toward it (like you pretty much alluded to) but I don’t think discarding goal setting and labeling it “destructive” is fair.

I like creating a “to do” list for the day and for the seek, prioritized by the importance of each task. For each day and week I select 2-3 things as my “top 2-3” and those things HAVE to be done. As long as my top 3 are completed, the day is a success and every other accomplishment is gravy.

Feels good checking off each item.

I’m not talking about the accomplishment aspect. Setting goals does help usually. I’m talking about being content with life though and what happens on a day by day basis.

The way I like to think about it is like playing hoops. No one needs to set a goal to win or to have fun. It’s the clear end purpose (as is progress and succeeding in life).

If you attack each possession fully you’ll end up with the best “stats” you’re capable of.

However, if you set out to score 15 points, grab 6 rebounds, and toss out 5 dimes you might still win the game but I think you lose a little something if you fail to achieve those predetermined goals even if you win.

Maybe you’re not a 15 ppg scorer and you’re specialty is going to be becoming a 12 rpg player. Allowing your success to happen organically seems to leave people the most satisfied. Again, not talking bout success. Plenty of insanely success people that are a mess internally.

Just my two cents..always fun to see others perspectives.

TAN,

Don’t you dare, for one second, surround yourself with people who are not aware of your greatness.

I don’t care if they your day ones...shake em’

Get positive people around you. Supports you. That’s going places. Wants you to grow and learn! They’re honest and not critical (there’s a difference).

Rich people don’t hang around broke and negative ppl.

Love them from a distance...

TAN it’s time!

Let’s gooooooo!!!!!

anybody have an idea as to why this cat outside always comes around with his two front legs shredded? its like he repeatedly sticks them in a meat grinder smh

How hard do you hit in tackle football? I’m talking about just playing with your boys at a park/field. No protection or anything.

Thinking about the times I used to play and how some people would be trying to lay the hit stick on dudes coming across the middle. **** was a defenseless receiver penalty half the time. Got me thinking: is there a degree of courtesy that should be considered when playing? Because in my opinion, there’s no reason you have to be out here trying to murder dudes in meaningless football. The whole reason I stopped playing was because dude killed me after a dropped ball and I wound up bouncing my head off the ground. Thought I had a concussion.

I’m fine taking a hit, but it’s the wind up with intent to kill that irks me.

No mercy

i got cracked once or twice lol
I remember when I was playing for my freshman team and a dude that I went to school with was on the team too (he pyramid scheming now) tackled me during practice and I skidded across the field a good 20 feet. And my head started hurting after.. Never again

Back
Top Bottom