the thread about nothing...

Any less and they'll be confusing you for one of the patients.
That's the goal. They didn't tell me I was going to be mandated until I was already ready to sign out. That's unacceptable. It's supposed to be that they let you know an hour before the next shift were to start. So here I am thinking I'm going home and then they spring this on me. Nah man

That's the goal. They didn't tell me I was going to be mandated until I was already ready to sign out. That's unacceptable. It's supposed to be that they let you know an hour before the next shift were to start. So here I am thinking I'm going home and then they spring this on me. Nah man

Oh man, yeah. I feel you then. I probably wouldn't do much either if they're playing games with you like that. At the very least it's disrespectful to you.

tumblr_oo7alcpkvF1r9dm6no3_r1_540.gif

Any of you ever tried to succeed and do better, but kept failing and then ended up in a phase where you didn't wanna do anything at all ?

I'm in this phase and I can't snap out of it. I feel like I hit rock bottom.

Any of you ever tried to succeed and do better, but kept failing and then ended up in a phase where you didn't wanna do anything at all ?

It’s a common misconception that setting goals is a healthy habit. It’s arguably one of the most destructive things people do to themselves. Creating all that expectation of an outcome drives perfectionism, anxiety, and an overall lack of positivity in enjoying the current.

Rather, simply accept that you want to go in a positive direction and feel good when you level up by doing positive stuff. You’ll get way way way more done because you’ll appreciate the little steps.

This is how I got a 3.9 in my Masters program, promoted early, etc etc. Have had the most success in my life once I learned to let go and focused on just going in a positive direction instead of specific outcomes.

Good luck.

They mandated me to stay another 8 hours at this place.

I'm going full on lazy for this overnight shift. I'm talking less than the minimal work. I don't even care.

Where do you work? Same **** happened to me last week 5 min before I was ready to leave. I'm cool with my manager, but if it happens again I'm going straight to my union rep lol.

It’s a common misconception that setting goals is a healthy habit. It’s arguably one of the most destructive things people do to themselves. Creating all that expectation of an outcome drives perfectionism, anxiety, and an overall lack of positivity in enjoying the current.

Rather, simply accept that you want to go in a positive direction and feel good when you level up by doing positive stuff. You’ll get way way way more done because you’ll appreciate the little steps.

This is how I got a 3.9 in my Masters program, promoted early, etc etc. Have had the most success in my life once I learned to let go and focused on just going in a positive direction instead of specific outcomes.

Good luck.
giphy.gif

There's this specific book I want to read. I don't remember the title or the author. I have it downloaded on my phone but the problem is I have hundreds of books downloaded on my phone and I can't remember which one is the book I want to re-read :lol:

*edit

Never mind. I found it. Didn't realize how many books I've read over the years until I'm thumbing through the list.

Last edited:

My friend had been going through the same thing for a while. Things are starting to look up for him. Things will get better, keep your head up

Good luck.

I disagree. If the goals you’re setting are demoralizing you than your goals were unrealistic, either for the time limit you gave yourself, you overestimated the difficulty of the task and thus how long it would take you, your may have overestimated your own skills/ability and/or your current progress/status and how far away you are from your goal.

I also think failing to reach a goal is humbling. I’ve missed the mark on some fitness goals recently and it’s driving me to tighten things up and focus harder as I reassess what I did and try again.

It also depends on the person. Some people operate better with just a clear vision of what they want while they move toward it (like you pretty much alluded to) but I don’t think discarding goal setting and labeling it “destructive” is fair.

I like creating a “to do” list for the day and for the seek, prioritized by the importance of each task. For each day and week I select 2-3 things as my “top 2-3” and those things HAVE to be done. As long as my top 3 are completed, the day is a success and every other accomplishment is gravy.

Feels good checking off each item.

Back
Top Bottom