the thread about nothing...

Your job don't pay you for the time you were off for jury duty?

I'd have to check if my job pays me. If they do I'd love to do jury duty :lol:

I'll be shocked if anybody in here remembers this movie
2.PNG

I was selected for grand jury once.

Had to get my boss to write a note.

Grand jury would of had me missing work for 2 years every thursday/Friday

Although it would of been cool to expierence, i aint have 2 years in me no way in hell. I was tbe youngest one to

Did you have to pay for parking too?
Yes at first, they told me to buy a metro card so I can take the subway. I had to pay for parking myself or have someone drop me off. It was just easier for me to do the subway thing.

I wonder how they go about picking a jury

In the movies they make it seem like they know everything bout a potential juror before they even call you on the phone ej. political leanings, social media activity, ethnicity, economic background, etc

Yes at first, they told me to buy a metro card so I can take the subway. I had to pay for parking myself or have someone drop me off. It was just easier for me to do the subway thing.

Sound like you lost money and time on that deal. Jeez smh

I had jury duty twice and actually went to trial, the first one I was an alternate but I still had to show up. That case was thrown out because a new witness came forward so I got paid like 4 days for nothing. The second time it was a car accident and we voted not guilty the second day. Its annoying as hell bu we did get like 10 bucks for lunch

local like interest just showed up to the bar I'm working from with a very infected lip area, just appeared out here in the open like it's all good.

attraction factor went from 6.5 to -3 in a mere glance.

In the movies they make it seem like they know everything bout a potential juror before they even call you on the phone ej. political leanings, social media activity, ethnicity, economic background, etc
Both sides of Lawyers picked me based on my profession as a house painter. The case was about a homeowner getting sick off of a bag of old stucco that had asbestos.

Sound like you lost money and time on that deal. Jeez smh
Yeah I did a whole weeks worth. Thankfully the defense decided to settle once things started to look bad for them.

Theyd select you. Not like you go to work anyways

You have to sit there and take notes for possibly weeks (depending on the case) and you'll only be paid $5 a day. Not an hour.....a day.

Btw, I did jury duty for 1 week back in 2008. It sucked.
Where you at? I'm getting 40. Nothing to brag about but it's not 5...I still need to check if I'm getting paid for my time away. Not likely but hopefully.

Where you at? I'm getting 40. Nothing to brag about but it's not 5...I still need to check if I'm getting paid for my time away. Not likely but hopefully.

$40 ?!?!?! Makes my $5 per day look like a **** . I'm in the San Fernando valley so I had to report to Los Angeles court. Definitely check to see if your boss will be paying you because not all do.

Back
Top Bottom