the thread about nothing...

it was all good just a week ago..

if the mods don't have a problem with this thread than neither should any of the members.

took long enough but finally found some people to goto the phillies game really didnt think it be that hard or take that long.. ****
Who turns down free tickets though? Its almost October on top of all that
man thats what im saying 4 games back of the Wild Card its not like there not playing for nothing and its a beautiful night in philly.

homie had the nerve to say "prolly not cause im gonna need to get like 10hrs of sleep to get normal" I said cuz the game gets over like 930ish. And then he replied with "Masonary work aint no joke myman but HMU to blaze it you want" i didnt even reply back made no sense wont goto a game cause he wants to get sleep but wants me to hit em up after to blaze 
roll.gif

bout to make some egg whites but i don got enough cheese.
#TAN till these new NTers go away

Should've made a thread about that.

..suddenly, I have nothing to say.

Anybody remember what awax said during this scene? That's how y'all acting.
The truth hurts.

this. its creating a huge problem for da rest of general...why would ya want that to happen?
huh?! How is that post relevant to what you said? I'm completely lost.
"i aint killin no kids" = da warning

o'l dog tirade = ya not listening

"both of ya shut da eff up" = cats that dont care about either side and want da complaints to subside.

there would be no ME, no ksteezy, no henz0, no Mayor of NY, ben baller, etc.because people dont grow as individuals and you dont get to get a indepth look at personalities here.

its all homogenized.
Sounds good to me. 

What personality, you are the living embodiment of stereotype? No one cares about Heightz "culture" but you. 
*sigh* if silly putty was just another NTer, if i was JUST another NTer, if proto J, mayor, henzo, dirty, monday night, dipset-tdot, etc. were all just bland figures no one would be here

cuz this place would lack soul and substance.

There's also been several threads made on the General board where the first couple replies have been: "Thread about nothing is that way" or something along those lines....people can't have it both ways...you want less "non-threadworthy" stuff filling up the top of the screen in general? Then be happy this thread exists as its own little world inside of general....but don't then complain that it takes threads away from General when the same people will point to this thread when someone makes a thread about something they don't think is worthy :smh: Let the TAN be great :lol:

there would be no ME, no ksteezy, no henz0, no Mayor of NY, ben baller, etc.because people dont grow as individuals and you dont get to get a indepth look at personalities here.

its all homogenized.
Sounds good to me. 

What personality, you are the living embodiment of stereotype? No one cares about Heightz "culture" but you. 
*sigh* if silly putty was just another NTer, if i was JUST another NTer, if proto J, mayor, henzo, dirty, monday night, dipset-tdot, etc. were all just bland figures no one would be here

cuz this place would lack soul and substance.

:stoneface:

Majority those can get banned and it wouldn't make a difference, get out of here, you ain't the reason anyone is here.

There's also been several threads made on the General board where the first couple replies have been: "Thread about nothing is that way" or something along those lines....
mean.gif
this thread is gonna be da end of general for real.

there's NO REASON to have a general forum living INSIDE, da general forum.

xzibit.jpg

Whats funny is, once upon a time dudes were complaining because people were "making stupid threads about anything"

:lol: Now they complaining about how all the threads are gone :rofl:

Hold on, I'm about to go make a thread about that

Putty, ninjahood, mondaynight all you are just another NTer y'all ain't special got out of here fam 
roll.gif

whats going on in here?
no one makes NT, NT.
people come and people go.

Who are you in real life? No one. Just a character online.

get outta here with that I made NT what it is today BS. :lol:

laugh.gif
Now you're off hand saying you made NT...
im making a example of how individual members flourish with better topics and encouragement of better threads

didn't i JUST say that da reason general is what it is, BECAUSE of da contributions of a community? im not tooting my horn, im making myself an example.

da next person who wants to post in general, and wants to share, steering them to that thread of randomness stifles creativity and growth of individual members.

1. stop it
how you talking about people post in here instead of threads, then make a thread about it but post in here anyway?

and why yal arguing this with him still? everybody can have an opinion. you not gonna change each others minds

2. methgod has spoken. dead it already
First of all, I know you fancy yourself as a person of elevated importance, but this thread was already made.  You don't get to remake it just because you're you.  It's the same exact complaint.  

Second, the "thread about nothing" has been around for months.  Why is it only now becoming a "cancer?"  

Personally, I suspect this is really just a complaint about the number of threads per page.  We used to have 20 threads per page.  Now there are 50.  So, within the top 100 posts, threads that would get cycled from pages 2-3 to page one now just move from the bottom half of page 1 to the top and it simply appears as though the forum is more stagnant than it was before.  

I am pushing for the option to configure the number of threads per page, but I honestly thought people would be happy to have more per page load.  We could've gone the Complex "top one billion list" route and tried to force people to click through hundreds of pages just to keep up.  The only point of that is to manufacture more page/ad views.  We gave people more than twice as much content per forum page on the old site.  

I think it's an improvement, but I know that many people fear change and the General forum "looks" different now, even though we have the same people posting as we did before and, statistically speaking, post activity is every bit what it was before.  I mean, it's not like we left a lot of people behind on "SneakerTalk."  

If you ask me, this is much ado about nothing - no pun intended.  The activity hasn't dropped off.  The configuration of the front page just appears to be more static because we more than doubled the number of threads per page.  If you actually tracked post movement per reload, you'd find that the top 20 threads are changing up fairly often.  If you go into the "thread about nothing," you're also not going to find more than 1-3 "thread-worthy" themes per day at best, and many of those would've been disposable 1-3 page topics.  It's not a big loss.  

If it's having an impact, that's probably due to the amount of TIME people are spending in there, as you can't be in two places at once.  However, if they simply enjoy the persistent companionship the thread offers and would rather do that than devise wacky topics for your amusement, then, really, who are you to force them to do otherwise?  If anything, we have too many people desperately grasping for attention on Internet forums like ours as it is.  Is it really a negative to have a low key thread as a change of pace?  

That's not to say the thread is without its problems.  Every now and then, users attempt to skirt the rules in that thread, thinking, perhaps, that it moves too quickly for the staff to keep up. It's almost been locked a couple of times, actually.  Users need to take more responsibility and better care of it rather than just "go with the flow."  It's no different than a PYP thread in that respect.  If people are going to treat it like Hamsterdam, it's getting shut down whether users complain about its presence or not. 

I'm open to the idea of locking it for one week to resolve all of this - as it will benefit those who enjoy the "thread about nothing" as much as those who don't, provided that it puts all of this to rest.  However, it's better to light a candle than curse the darkness.  NikeTalk doesn't need more negativity.  You don't have to start 20 amazing threads, but you can certainly find threads that you DO like and be supportive of them, and your fellow members.  That keeps quality content on page one and encourages those who create it.  

Back
Top Bottom