the thread about nothing...

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by cap1229

Watching the cartoon Avatar: The Last Airbender on the recommendations from like three ppl from my job in one day who told me Ive been missing out on greatness and
eek.gif
pimp.gif

is this considered anime?

Yeah i guess it would be American anime.  Now watch the Last Airbender movie for pure anger.

I literally turned that %$%# off after 15 minutes.

So this past Internship experience went something along the lines of this:

Forwarded job info > Sent resume/CV > Interviewed for position > Started a couple days after > Finished my first week (stressful/boring/irrelevant) > Just got done emailing my boss my resignation letter.

I was asked earlier what the position was by someone on here, sorry I haven't been able to reply. I was working for the NYC School Construction Authority, within the safety department. Essentially this organization is responsible for building new public schools and maintaining existing schools (construction projects). This is serious stuff and I feel the position would be best suited for an engineering/architect student rather than a finance major like myself. I was going to be responsible to maintaining databases, managing all of the inspector's schedules, and all sorts of office administrative/secretary @$*%# work. My character/personality is not built for these type of positions. These responsibilities are not in my nature and was already feeling burnt out in having to run this office all on my own after a week as most inspectors are out on the field usually. I've been doing a good job and was learning the ropes rather quick but this position reeked of trouble early and I feel I was given too much responsibilities as an intern. The past 3 people that held this position did not last more than 2 months, mind you they are permanent salaried staff members and were all warning me on how terrible the job was. I thought they were joking and trying to joke with me being that I was the new guy and all but reflecting they seemed like valid warnings. Seems like they were just waiting to pile all this @*#! on me. Not worth the time/pay/stress.

The managers were really kind and took the chance on me. They were really supportive and all but this is just not for me. I'm more into Banking/IB, Corporate Finance. And it FEELSBATMAN that I'm going out like this. Quitting is not in my nature but this was just something that was not for me. I will be pursuing other alternatives closely related to my interests and will make a better decision next time before I accept any offer and waste valuable time and resources. I hope I didn't go out like a @$*%#.

/rant. #venting

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

I took my time
laugh.gif
some of the stuff on there
laugh.gif
eek.gif
tired.gif
sick.gif

Seems like fat people are into foot fetishes.
laugh.gif
I'm skimming this thread now, I'm honestly not too surprised

Someone linked an NT thread in there too
laugh.gif
Yeah I saw that link
laugh.gif

Casting couch didn't surprise me.
That post about Miley, the producer and Miley's dad
eek.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif

I couldn't finish reading that @#%# I looked up how old she was when she started doing the show, she was 11
sick.gif

That story has to be fake.

That post about Miley and the producer read just like a fanfic.
laugh.gif
I don't know if I would believe it but with Hollywood anything is possible.

I'm skimming this thread now, I'm honestly not too surprised

Someone linked an NT thread in there too
laugh.gif
Yeah I saw that link
laugh.gif

Casting couch didn't surprise me.
That post about Miley, the producer and Miley's dad
eek.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
Disgusting
sick.gif
but i take that thread with a huge grain of salt i guess...smh

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I just read it that has to be fake.

Are the Olsen twins and Hilary Duff the only ones not messed up?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 You serious?

ohwell.gif
I know that they do drugs but outside of Full House I have no idea.

DJ turned out pretty well her brother Kirk
indifferent.gif
The Griffith Park story
roll.gif

Stephanie grew up messed up
sick.gif

Topanga
pimp.gif

^ My man PT, though. 
pimp.gif

So, I am on the job market again.  I am no longer working on the Air Force Base's Commissary's Accounting office because my contract has ended.  I previously got the job in June of last year through job placement services.  During these last few weeks, I've been applying to various accounting positions around my city.  What are some good tips for interviewing for certain accounting positions if you have little to no experience?  Most of my experience came from my previous position, my college work, and a six-week internship I worked with in the summer of 2008.

I need to be more focused. I've been really uninspired due to the awful professors I currently have. Only four more weeks until the semester is over.
I'll have a week off then I head right back for summer courses, which I look forward to.

I think I've filled up about 2 composition books with music that I've written.
But I always throw them away 
laugh.gif

I'd love to show someone my music someday but I don't think that'll ever happen, I usually keep the songs for 2-3 days then I throw them away, plus I don't think people would be very interested in listening to me sing and play my guitar.

I have a horrible singing voice, I have a very deep voice 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ErickM713

laugh.gif

I'd love to show someone my music someday but I don't think that'll ever happen, I usually keep the songs for 2-3 days then I throw them away, plus I don't think people would be very interested in listening to me sing and play my guitar.

ohwell.gif

I use to write songs in the 7th grade, put them in a composition book in my cubby
then on day when I was absent everybody got together and read them and laughed

I never wrote another song

Originally Posted by wildmoodswings

I need to be more focused. I've been really uninspired due to the awful professors I currently have. Only four more weeks until the semester is over.
I'll have a week off then I head right back for summer courses, which I look forward to.
This...even though I've already graduated and been out of school for two years.  Right now, while I'm on my job search, I'm just refreshing myself to the accounting courses I've took during my college years and training myself with Quickbooks just to improve my chances of getting a job in my field.  And on top of that, I've been submitting the necessary paperwork to get into grad school this summer.

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

Originally Posted by ErickM713

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

I use to write songs in the 7th grade, put them in a composition book in my cubby
then on day when I was absent everybody got together and read them and laughed

I never wrote another song

Damn that sucks man.
The closest I've ever gotten to showing someone my music was when I played the intro and rhythm with my boy around, all he said was "It's cool" 
ohwell.gif

i'm on the phone with this +%$## she said I was tacky today... I had on black tee, camo shorts, lebron 9 cannons
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

i'm on the phone with this +%$## she said I was tacky today... I had on black tee, camo shorts, lebron 9 cannons
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Definitely not tacky.  She doesn't even know what tacky actually looks like.  
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom