the thread about nothing...

I already said that I was open to closing that thread for a week to see what happens, and that's still something that will likely take place, but that won't happen at your beck and call and it certainly won't happen simply because 2-3 trolls start intentionally violating the rules to 1) troll the "thread about nothing" or 2) make parody/copycat threads. There are maybe 15-20 people who want that thread shut down. There are maybe 25-30 people who want to keep it. That's hardly a quorum.

The actual trial period will likely be scheduled around staff availability, unless I can somehow feel confident that those of you who are so bored as to perceive this as some sort of "civil war" will actually be civil during the trial week and won't deliberately start doing stupid things to make your point. (e.g., "thread about nothing" supporters intentionally starting worthless topics, just as "thread about nothing" opponents spent too much of the day yesterday trolling in "protest.") We'll give it a try when you've all calmed down a little and won't make life miserable for the rest of us. (And, bear in mind, the overwhelming majority of members don't give a damn either way and just want to enjoy the site.) I'm not going to set up a chemistry experiment, leave town for a few days, and tell the rest of the staff, "oh yeah, and be sure to keep an eye on the General forum. About 40 people in there are playing 'war' this week. Have fun!" That's not fair to anyone.

It'll happen when it can be managed so as to minimize the adverse impact of your "game" on the rest of the forum. I do care about your concerns. I've listened to them, I took the time to investigate your claim about forum activity, and I've proposed a trial period to further explore the impact of the "thread about nothing." However, you have to understand that our responsibility in managing this community extends far beyond your personal pet peeves.

looks like the wheels are already in motion to shut us down. well, its been real fellas

:smh: :smh: :smh:

tumblr_m7fgpb2dEs1qam27o.gif

|I

I don't understand why members dislike this thread so much.

they hate what they dont understand.
then they try to destroy it. :smh:

Last edited:
I already said that I was open to closing that thread for a week to see what happens, and that's still something that will likely take place, but that won't happen at your beck and call and it certainly won't happen simply because 2-3 trolls start intentionally violating the rules to 1) troll the "thread about nothing" or 2) make parody/copycat threads. There are maybe 15-20 people who want that thread shut down. There are maybe 25-30 people who want to keep it. That's hardly a quorum.

The actual trial period will likely be scheduled around staff availability, unless I can somehow feel confident that those of you who are so bored as to perceive this as some sort of "civil war" will actually be civil during the trial week and won't deliberately start doing stupid things to make your point. (e.g., "thread about nothing" supporters intentionally starting worthless topics, just as "thread about nothing" opponents spent too much of the day yesterday trolling in "protest.") We'll give it a try when you've all calmed down a little and won't make life miserable for the rest of us. (And, bear in mind, the overwhelming majority of members don't give a damn either way and just want to enjoy the site.) I'm not going to set up a chemistry experiment, leave town for a few days, and tell the rest of the staff, "oh yeah, and be sure to keep an eye on the General forum. About 40 people in there are playing 'war' this week. Have fun!" That's not fair to anyone.

It'll happen when it can be managed so as to minimize the adverse impact of your "game" on the rest of the forum. I do care about your concerns. I've listened to them, I took the time to investigate your claim about forum activity, and I've proposed a trial period to further explore the impact of the "thread about nothing." However, you have to understand that our responsibility in managing this community extends far beyond your personal pet peeves.

looks like the wheels are already in motion to shut us down. well, its been real fellas

:smh: :smh: :smh:

|I

I don't understand why members dislike this thread so much.

they hate what they dont understand.
then they try to destroy it. :smh:

i don't think this needs to be said, but you never know. i hope no-one decides to act a fool in protest or try to martyr themselves. :smh:

Last edited:
i say we do a silent protest and not post on NT at all until the T.A.N. makes it's triumphant return.

that's if it gets locked.

i say we do a silent protest and not post on NT at all until the T.A.N. makes it's triumphant return.

i feel you on having the desire to do something, but i think any kind of organized protest would make things worse. plus as much as i love this thread and site i think its kinda corny to do so. if it gets locked hopefully its just temporary. and they see this thread aint harming no one.

Last edited:
:smh: never seen so much effort put into destroying a thread that just did its own thing & hurt no one.
------------
sidenote

:evil:

i wonder how many of these mattress actresses/models like the subject they model. ie do import/lowrider models like cars or them t.i.t.s. girls like sneakers

i feel you on having the desire to do something, but i think any kind of organized protest would make things worse. plus as much as i love this thread and site i think its kinda corny to do so. if it gets locked hopefully its just temporary.
Yeah it would be pointless and not progressive imo

Appropriate gif to the end of hampsterdam. But I think a break is good for the thread. Once it gets back to normal, and the focus is no longer on this thread, no more civil war, then we can revisit uninhibited. Plus some of the stuff posted in here could be used to boost a slowing amount of lulz in general. Yeah i'm Tony Starking the situation.

whoa whoa whoah what happened last night
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

cliffs plz
smh if that happens
ninjahood makes the claim that tan is a parasite to general

Anti-tan nters come out of the woodwork.

nh claims were debunked by meth's facts

A solution that makes anti-tan nters search a page or two of tan for "thread worthy" posts to make into threads is proposed.

Solution is ignored.

Questions that prove that nh has no evidence are ignored.

All facts/evidence is ignored by nh.

There's a possibility that this thread could be locked for a week because 15-20 anti-tan nters are like because they think that lots of thread worthy posts are trapped in here by non-thread worthy posts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom