the thread about nothing...

I have never rode a motorcycle
My homeboy has a CRAZY bagger. I'm gonna ask him if I can drive it this weekend.

I Luke Hyabusas and ninjas tho....how they look.

I've pretty much always had a truck
Southern thing I guess

Got new tires today

20180619_160843.jpg

Last edited:
Are motorcycles hard to control? I was close to buying a Honda Ruckus and building it up to be freeway legal but wasn't sure if that was worth the investment lol

If you can ride a bicycle, you can ride a motorcycle. The hardest part is learning how to work the transmission but if you know how to drive a manual car you have like 85% of it down. You just gotta transfer the concept of using a clutch to a lever controlled by your hand rather than a pedal controlled by your foot. I'd argue that shifting on a motorcycle is easier than in a manual car because you have much finer motor control of your hand than you do your foot. But I'm probably biased because I rode a motorcycle for years before I touched a manual car.

I learned Toyota trucks/suv’s hold value really well. When i worked at a dealership, if it was a Toyota i knew the appraisal would be good. If it was a Tacoma, 4Runner, or Highlander it was great.

Word to Toyota.
I've had a 1998 4Runner, well maintained and serviced regularly take care of me since purchased.
Fast forward to 2016 and got a new 4Runner for a family car. This will be my go-to knowing how well these things last.
Of course I had my play cars and bikes along the way

Race amel for pink slips. Then you'll have his subie
What makes you think I'd lose?!

So how do you ride a motorcycle out of curiosity? My pops explained it to me a long time ago but I wasn't driving a manual car at the time so I was confused.

Where's the clutch, where's the gas, how do you shift?

I googled it.. Clutch left hand, throttle right hand and you shift with the left foot... Idk man it took me so long to learn manual on a car. This seems more complicated.

Last edited:

So how do you ride a motorcycle out of curiosity? My pops explained it to me a long time ago but I wasn't driving a manual car at the time so I was confused.

I googled it.. Clutch left hand, throttle right hand and you shift with the left foot... Idk man it took me so long to learn manual on a car. This seems more complicated.
Race me :nerd:

It aint that bad, really. You can feather the clutch but I wouldn't recommend it if you're starting out. I had all my bikes flipped gear for race readiness (tap down to shift versus tap up).
Slam on the front brake and you'll flip over and die.
Slam on the rear brakes and you'll skid out of control and die.
Use both appropriately and live.
^ That's race warnings. Ride responsibly and live.

Back
Top Bottom