the thread about nothing...

I miss the Sonics. D Wade said when he retires that he wants to bring them back and be the owner

They should have never changed the name to thunder but it’s whatever.

Maybe he’s needs to get with billionaire Jeff bezos for this happen. Since amazon HQ is based in Seattle. I can only Imagine.

Last edited:
Congrats man. Glad you nailed it!

Thanks. Here the speech....

Good Afternoon everyone, for those of you who don’t know me, I’m Michael. Fela’s ‘besties’: Best Man, Best Friend, Best Brother. (laughing). It’s been a pleasure and honor for all of us, including myself to stand here today to witness the unity of love between Fela & Faren Reynolds.

First and Foremost, I want to thanks God for this energy of love we have in this room today. I want to thanks the family of both the bride and groom for attending and contributing to this amazing celebration.

Before, I get started with the classified stories. Mom, Dad, DeeDee, and MS. Saundra, you may want to leave. (crowd laugh). On all serious, I think you will all agree that our gorgeous bride look amazing today. Unlike you bro, you look aight aight….(laughing) Let’s give them another round of applause.

You see my brother and I relationship have thrive around music. It bond us together. We have developed so many fond memories around it. They say, the best way to remember something – a test, script or even a speech is through music.

There's something we (Fela and I) generally have, a great debate. If you been around us, you’ll hear us go on for hours and sometime days about our TOP 5 artist of all time! As you know, music is subjective. But for us, Fela and I, it reminds us how much we are different and yet we’re the same. Our list evolved as we mature. Allowing us to converse among ourselves of the change.

To give you an idea. *PLAY PRINCE, MUSICOLOGY INSTRUMENTAL*

The older generation will agree with Prince from his song ‘Musicology’

“Don’t you miss the feeling/Music gave you back in the day?/Let’s Groove/September/Earth, Wind & Fire/ Hot Pants by James/Sly is going to take you higher”

*Fade out Prince, Musicology*

A debate as such, my brother and I would say perhaps *PLAY NERD, LASER GUN* using N.E.R.D’s song: LASER GUN. Fela as a DJ and music lover, this is your response....

"I am a product of Flex/A product of Clue/A product of Interscope/A product of you/A product of my parents, my brother too/A product of Cam/A product of Magoo" *Fade our NERD Laser Gun Song*

As some of you may not know, we were introduced under unity of our parents, his father and my father (Edwards Reynolds) and my and his mother (Penny Brown Reynolds). Of course, as teenager boys, we have big egos – side eye each other; sizing each other up...cordial like. My aunt Yango at the time, was working as an A&R intern for Laface records. *PLAY OUTKAST, AQUEMINI INSTRUMENTAL* She introduce me to this new upcoming group from Atlanta, that ended up being one of the greatest hip-hop group of all time. OUTKAST. I played the first single off their first album SouthernPlayalisticcadillacmusic on this vinyl record. From there our journey was began.

This quote describe my brother and I from Outkast's 3rd album and self-titled song - Aquemini

"Me and my Brother, we roll together like Batman & Robin/We prayed together through hard times and swung hard but it was fitting/ But now we tappin' the brakes from all the corners that we be bendin'"

*CONTINUE PLAYING OUTKAST, AQUEMINI INSTRUMENTAL - Lowered in the backgound*

Fela, I never told you but adore you and admire you since the day we allow ourselves to bond. You played a big part in my life then that helped made me the man I am today. Introducing me to new music like jazz, classical, etc...helping me understand about afrocentric culture and teaching me to be young, black and proud. Opening my mind to literature. Even keeping me on my toes with the Fortune 500 suit game... *Fade out Outkast*

Opening myself to you that day was one of the most rewarding thing that ever happened to me. If anybody knows Fela, he's very down to earth and charming. *PLAY STEVIE WONDER,THESE THREE WORDS INSTUMENTAL* Howevever there's one characteristic trait that shines more than anything, he's always there when I need him most.

Fela, as Stevie Wonder would say "These Three Words"

"When the last time/That they heard you say/Sister or Brother, I love you/And when was the last time/ That they heard you say/Darling or best friend, I love you"

FELA, my brother, my best friend, I love you...I love you...I love you...

*Fade out STEVIE WONDER,THESE THREE WORDS INSTRUMENTAL*

Today counts as seeing one of my brother's biggest accomplishments to date - (pause) it sure beat that time you finally finished that Spanish class in college. (lauhging) but committing to a queen like, Faren, As well as committing to devoting all of the friendship and love he has shared to another person, his wife.

*PLAY John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman - My One and Only Love*

In closing, during my time of writing this speech, I wanted to leave you both with something that you can reflect on as I did.

You see music is meant to be free, like love. Improvising. Variety. Almost like...Free Jazz.

I came across a quote during my reading, "without using words, jazz interpreter's make you feel the emotions that lingers in the wombs and quiver between the words to the song they perform."

This reminds me of this John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman song - My One and Only Love. It states "The very thought of you make my heart sings."

Faren & Fela continue to make happiness and love in the same form of music. Memories to build and something you can reflect back on. Allow it to express the very thing that sometimes words can't display.

I wish you both, a lifetime of happiness..The kind of deep growth that comes from loving one another. A life of love and continued imaginations.

It will be a honor for myself and all of us to TOAST to your new journey together.

Faren welcome to the family!

*Fade out John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman*

Let's toast...

FOR ALL THAT DIDN'T KNOW, EVERY ARTIST THAT I QUOTED ARE FROM FELA'S TOP 5 MUSICIANS OF ALL TIME LIST...

Good Afternoon everyone, for those of you who don’t know me, I’m Michael. Fela’s ‘besties’: Best Man, Best Friend, Best Brother. (laughing). It’s been a pleasure and honor for all of us, including myself to stand here today to witness the unity of love between Fela & Faren Reynolds.

First and Foremost, I want to thanks God for this energy of love we have in this room today. I want to thanks the family of both the bride and groom for attending and contributing to this amazing celebration.

Before, I get started with the classified stories. Mom, Dad, DeeDee, and MS. Saundra, you may want to leave. (crowd laugh). On all serious, I think you will all agree that our gorgeous bride look amazing today. Unlike you bro, you look aight aight….(laughing) Let’s give them another round of applause.

You see my brother and I relationship have thrive around music. It bond us together. We have developed so many fond memories around it. They say, the best way to remember something – a test, script or even a speech is through music.

There's something we (Fela and I) generally have, a great debate. If you been around us, you’ll hear us go on for hours and sometime days about our TOP 5 artist of all time! As you know, music is subjective. But for us, Fela and I, it reminds us how much we are different and yet we’re the same. Our list evolved as we mature. Allowing us to converse among ourselves of the change.

“Don’t you miss the feeling/Music gave you back in the day?/Let’s Groove/September/Earth, Wind & Fire/ Hot Pants by James/Sly is going to take you higher”

A debate as such, my brother and I would say perhaps *PLAY NERD, LASER GUN* using N.E.R.D’s song: LASER GUN. Fela as a DJ and music lover, this is your response....

"I am a product of Flex/A product of Clue/A product of Interscope/A product of you/A product of my parents, my brother too/A product of Cam/A product of Magoo" *Fade our NERD Laser Gun Song*

As some of you may not know, we were introduced under unity of our parents, his father and my father (Edwards Reynolds) and my and his mother (Penny Brown Reynolds). Of course, as teenager boys, we have big egos – side eye each other; sizing each other up...cordial like. My aunt Yango at the time, was working as an A&R intern for Laface records. *PLAY OUTKAST, AQUEMINI INSTRUMENTAL* She introduce me to this new upcoming group from Atlanta, that ended up being one of the greatest hip-hop group of all time. OUTKAST. I played the first single off their first album SouthernPlayalisticcadillacmusic on this vinyl record. From there our journey was began.

This quote describe my brother and I from Outkast's 3rd album and self-titled song - Aquemini

"Me and my Brother, we roll together like Batman & Robin/We prayed together through hard times and swung hard but it was fitting/ But now we tappin' the brakes from all the corners that we be bendin'"

Fela, I never told you but adore you and admire you since the day we allow ourselves to bond. You played a big part in my life then that helped made me the man I am today. Introducing me to new music like jazz, classical, etc...helping me understand about afrocentric culture and teaching me to be young, black and proud. Opening my mind to literature. Even keeping me on my toes with the Fortune 500 suit game... *Fade out Outkast*

Opening myself to you that day was one of the most rewarding thing that ever happened to me. If anybody knows Fela, he's very down to earth and charming. *PLAY STEVIE WONDER,THESE THREE WORDS INSTUMENTAL* Howevever there's one characteristic trait that shines more than anything, he's always there when I need him most.

"When the last time/That they heard you say/Sister or Brother, I love you/And when was the last time/ That they heard you say/Darling or best friend, I love you"

Today counts as seeing one of my brother's biggest accomplishments to date - (pause) it sure beat that time you finally finished that Spanish class in college. (lauhging) but committing to a queen like, Faren, As well as committing to devoting all of the friendship and love he has shared to another person, his wife.

In closing, during my time of writing this speech, I wanted to leave you both with something that you can reflect on as I did.

You see music is meant to be free, like love. Improvising. Variety. Almost like...Free Jazz.

I came across a quote during my reading, "without using words, jazz interpreter's make you feel the emotions that lingers in the wombs and quiver between the words to the song they perform."

This reminds me of this John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman song - My One and Only Love. It states "The very thought of you make my heart sings."

Faren & Fela continue to make happiness and love in the same form of music. Memories to build and something you can reflect back on. Allow it to express the very thing that sometimes words can't display.

I wish you both, a lifetime of happiness..The kind of deep growth that comes from loving one another. A life of love and continued imaginations.

It will be a honor for myself and all of us to TOAST to your new journey together.

Let's toast...

FOR ALL THAT DIDN'T KNOW, EVERY ARTIST THAT I QUOTED ARE FROM FELA'S TOP 5 MUSICIANS OF ALL TIME LIST...
Nice dude. Like how you incorporated music into the speech and also nice that it sounds like you have a bond with the bride.

One of my regrets is that I never really got close with the bride. We never got to know each other. And when I said in my speech that she was like a sister to me even I could hear how fake it came off as. If I could run back that part of the speech I would.

Let's toast...

Yo fam, that was a great speech. Also shows who your homie is without actually knowing him so props to you on your speech.

Great speech, well thought out from reading it.

I’m a big fan music you had really good tracks that incorporated well with your speech.

Thumbs up.

I literally Get drunk and Any Little thing just irritates me .

Also I get on super high alert and start noticing everything

tumblr_n8dc29joGj1sj0oe0o1_1280.jpg

Kim K's Myspace page lol

Let's toast...

I have MC'd weddings, graduation parties, and service awards with 1k+ in attendance and I must say... A+ my friend.

To me, a speech towards a best friends needs to have that perfect balance of love, laughter, and knowledge.

You however went above and beyond and made it something special that related to your bond as friends, yet also utilized the universal bond that we all have towards music.

I would have been CRAZY nervous about the music timing not being right. You must have had many rehearsals with the DJ to make sure that everything was seamless.

Icing on the cake was you used his top 5 artists in the speech.

Much props for what you did. Your buddy is lucky to have someone like you in his life. We all need best friends like you!

PS - Sucks for whoever had to follow your speech. If I was the MC I would have been like "ummm, yeah let's just cut the cake" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom