the thread about nothing...

Nice dude. Like how you incorporated music into the speech and also nice that it sounds like you have a bond with the bride.

One of my regrets is that I never really got close with the bride. We never got to know each other. And when I said in my speech that she was like a sister to me even I could hear how fake it came off as. If I could run back that part of the speech I would.

Thanks bro. The bride and I aren’t that close close but we all took a trip to Mardi Gras back to New Orleans and stayed with my immediate family. Got to bond there...

Yo fam, that was a great speech. Also shows who your homie is without actually knowing him so props to you on your speech.

Thanks. Didn’t realize how much he touched so many people around him until the bachelor’s party. Everybody was telling their stories about my brother. It’s funny because, he’s the same person to them as he was to me. :lol:

I have MC'd weddings, graduation parties, and service awards with 1k+ in attendance and I must say... A+ my friend.

To me, a speech towards a best friends needs to have that perfect balance of love, laughter, and knowledge.

You however went above and beyond and made it something special that related to your bond as friends, yet also utilized the universal bond that we all have towards music.

I would have been CRAZY nervous about the music timing not being right. You must have had many rehearsals with the DJ to make sure that everything was seamless.

Icing on the cake was you used his top 5 artists in the speech.

Much props for what you did. Your buddy is lucky to have someone like you in his life. We all need best friends like you!

PS - Sucks for whoever had to follow your speech. If I was the MC I would have been like "ummm, yeah let's just cut the cake" :lol:

Yo, fam. Thank you soooooo much. I was sooooo nervous...started saying ‘umm’ in the intro of the speech. But when I started talking about my brother and everything else...I got so relax.

The DJ actually lives in DC. He didn’t have those songs in an instrumental version so I had to send it to him 3 days before the wedding, along with this same exact speech.

He did an outstanding job. The DJ saidnthat he practiced it about 5 times. And one more time on the plane. :lol:

He followed the speech one sentence ahead of me so that he can have the music playing on point. He landed it.

I almost talked myself out of it because when I told the bride maid and wedding planner that it would 7-8 mins. (Actually was 7 mins long flat). The maid of honor and wedding planner was like “good luck” “oh lawrd you’re taking that long”. Blah Blah Blah

I talked to the DJ about it and told him, “F it we going last. We’re to drop it on them.”

Her little 2 mins speech was cute. However the bride dad went on and on about how much the wedding cost and he wrote out the check and this and that :lol:

Kind of glad I went last instead of first. People were coming up to me the whole reception telling me about the speech. I didn’t care, my brother started crying, behind my back. I didn’t get to see it (because I would have teased him :lol: ) but I saw it on the video. He laughed, smile and got to watch him enjoy it.

TAN thank you guys!

Last edited:
I wonder how Uncle Drew is going to do at the box office

Screenshot_20180625-004634_Google.jpg

Another soul plane.

I got hurt in my soccer game today
It’s 4am and I can’t sleep cuz my leg is hurting
I gotta be up in an hour for work
:frown:

Watching 90s bulls/MJ vids.

My God we’re these guys was unstoppable.

People like to say curry/Durant lead OKC team can beat a 90s playoff/finals bulls....I say the devil is a liar.

I remember that game - it was brutal. There was also one against the Magic where Penny described it as trying to dribble in mud as he was hounded all over the court by Pippen. The defense is what made that team great.

I remember that game - it was brutal. There was also one against the Magic where Penny described it as trying to dribble in mud as he was hounded all over the court by Pippen. The defense is what made that team great.

Yeah I watch that redemption game against the penny&shaq led magic as well.

They definitely were able to contain the bulls that year but the year after Michael had already figured out all the nba teams and knew how to beat them by throwing vital assists to Kerr or Kukoc to drain them 3pts joints as well getting every bulls involved in always consistently winning.

I remember watching all these games as a kid, and Penny was one of my favorite players, just MJ was unstoppable when he got Hot, and he got Hot all the time.

I actually think it'd be a toss up between 90s Bulls and current GS.

That late 90s Bulls squad could match up with GS well outside of that 5 spot. No way Luc Longley could hang with Draymond Green.

But it's a major problem that the Bulls was low scoring, and lacked three point shooting overall.

Which team winning in a head to head match up would depend on what Era rules you playing with. If you're playing with illegal defense rules and hand checking allowed, advantage Bulls. If you take that away, advantage GS

Last edited:
I actually think it'd be a toss up between 90s Bulls and current GS.

That late 90s Bulls squad could match up with GS well outside of that 5 spot. No way Luc Longley could hang with Draymond Green.

But it's a major problem that the Bulls was low scoring, and lacked three point shooting overall.

Which team winning in a head to head match up would depend on what Era rules you playing with. If you're playing with illegal defense and hand checking allowed, advantage Bulls. If you take that away, advantage GS
B88AB557-EBCA-48F6-BAA3-95937AB3783D.jpeg

-_- can’t take serious when you said that “you didn’t know Chris Webber played NBA basketball you thought he was a nba commentator”

B65E96E5-74A0-424C-83CC-E66BDAA28F91.jpeg

Almost like saying Jesus wasn’t Gods Son.

Last edited:
I LOVED when they beat the magic that year because I was crushed when they lost to them the previous year when Jordan came back

And I was crushed when the Magic got swept by the Rockets. I was a HUGE Magic fan. I was living in Orlando when the came out. Now I live in Houston and everyone expects me to be a Rockets fan. **** them STILL! :lol:

And I was crushed when the Magic got swept by the Rockets. I was a HUGE Magic fan. I was living in Orlando when the came out. Now I live in Houston and everyone expects me to be a Rockets fan. **** them STILL! :lol:
Just join that rockets bandwagon...

You know you want to

You have nt's approval

Back
Top Bottom