the thread about nothing...

who-needs-a-makeup-palette-when-you-can-have-a-29062628.png

20110628-chicken-nugget-sauces-primary.jpg

Coworker usually leaves 5:30. Manager was working with her on something and she was pacing waiting to leave. As soon as he said "Okay we'll finish Monday" a moment ago she just dips.

No one has patience anymore :smh: .

No, I'll be paying out of pocket (which I don't mind). Still 50/50 if I have a good chance to be selected. The recruiter kept telling me that I am a good fit for either position. I'm just thinking of taking the trip to make that impression in person, rather than risk being an after thought as the guy in the video interview.

Do what feels right to you. In person is always much better than any sort of phone, video, etc. the connection you build is significantly better being able to shake someone’s hand and have that real moment together. If you are okay with funds and think this is a job you have a very good chance of landing then it sounds worthwhile to come up here from So Cal. I take a full PTO day when I interview so that costs me $300 or so in the worth of that day. I’ve had 6 interviews in the past 5-6 months since I’m thinking of leaving. It’s a lot to give up but you are trying to pick a place you will spend 8-12 hours a day at for multiple years most likely. I think it requires a lot of current sacrifice for a future payoff if you want to play the game right.

Just the convenience of not having to pull my phone out for every notification. Controlling music is easier, paying for items with your watch is very cool. Not having to carry your phone with you and can still receive calls... It's a good purchase all around.

Recruiter got back to me and told me their planning a hiring event in two weeks. Recommended that I'd be willing to drive/fly up there to attend the event, rather than doing a video interview.

Do you guys think I should do the interview through video chat or make the trip up to the event? SoCal and job is in NorCal.
Do the Video Chat/Interview. Those hiring events are a waste of time. Probably hundreds of people going to show up. Unless they guarantee you an interview with the main hiring manager 1 on 1 instead of just looking at you up and down and talk non sense. If they're serious, they would ask you to go in for a more professional interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom