the thread about nothing...

I don't expect anyone who doesn't visit this thread regularly to understand what this thread is about. He probably thinks it is an eyesore to be 18403 pages.
He eluded that TAN took away the great content that made visiting NT enjoyable.
But that's stupid cause if your a regular on here it's nothing more then silly conversations about nothing. And if you try to look for vital information in this thread it's useless. Cause we really go off tangent about anything or just NOTHING.

Saying that TAN is “taking away from the general discussion posts” is such BS. It’s not like whatever thread is at the top of the page, this thread hijacks the conversation. And the discussion in here is usually way more civil. Imagine being so butthurt about a thread that you can choose to ignore that you have to cry to the mods and ask for it to be removed :lol:

Hmm...I really don't see what the big deal is. Kinda confused on how someone can feel they need/want to try to ban a thread. It's kinda funny. I thought all of these threads are all fun and games but it seems like some people take it too seriously.

That boy gonna cook as a future NBA player....but everysingletime I talk about him they said no.

Playing with pros in china and he still in high school..how sway?

Last edited:
I have a scenario...

I have a female friend that I thought we were pretty cool, known her since like 2001. We used to hang out pretty often. no intimate feelings or any of that stuff. Saw her as a sister or close family member only, I actually treat her like a family member more than I treat my own and I thought she saw me the same way. About 2 or 3 years ago she got a new boyfriend, we still kinda hung out but not as much but she would still text to see how’s everything and I would do the same. A year ago she got engaged. Told me about it two days after being proposed. Throughout the year she would still texts here and there and we would just talk about what’s going on in our lives and she will talk about her wedding planning etc. Earlier this month she texted me to say Happy Birthday blah blah blah. Two weeks later I texted her back because it was her birthday. I forgot how it went but it led to her saying her reception and banquet was already held two days prior to her birthday. I was surprised because I really thought we were cool but I didn’t get an invite. I found it odd that she would tell me about her engagement and planning and stuff but not this. I stopped going to weddings and all the BS because it’s just not my thing but she doesn’t know that so that can’t be the reason why I didn’t get an invite. Even if she knew isn’t it common courtesy to just send an invite?

How would you feel or act?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a scenario...

I have a female friend that I thought we were pretty cool, known her since like 2001. We used to hang out pretty often. no intimate feelings or any of that stuff. Saw her as a sister or close family member only, I actually treat her like a family member more than I treat my own and I thought she sees me the same way. About 2 or 3 years ago she got a new boyfriend, we still kinda hung out but not as much but she would still text to see how’s everything and I would do the same. A year ago she got engaged. Told me about it two days after being proposed. Throughout the year she would still texts here and there and we would just talk about what’s going on in our lives and she will talk about her wedding planning etc. Earlier this month she texted me to say Happy Birthday blah blah blah. Two weeks later I texted her back because it was her birthday. I forgot how it went but it led to her saying her reception and banquet was already held two days prior to her birthday. I was surprised because I really thought we were cool but I didn’t get an invite. I found it odd that she would tell me about her engagement and planning and stuff but not this. I stopped going to weddings and all the BS because it’s just not my thing but she doesn’t know that so that can’t be the reason why I didn’t get an invite. Even if she knew isn’t it common courtesy to just send an invite?

How would you feel or act?
What did you do with her when you "hang out"? I know you mentioned this was platonic friend, but I am guessing to go eat. Who usually pays?

What did you do with her when you "hang out"? I know you mentioned this was platonic friend, but I am guessing to go eat. Who usually pays?
We would go out to lunch, dinners, movies, just normal hang out spots that you would do with the guys. We usually take turn paying.

You two have any mutual friends? Hypothetically, if Myspace still has the top 8 friends where would she rank on yours and vice versa?
We had mutual friends before but she distant herself from them and so have I. But we still hung out and kept in touch.

I would say she’s in the top 5. I could be wrong since this happened but I think she would rank the same. But I cut ties with a lot of people.

We had mutual friends before but she distant herself from them and so have I. But we still hung out and kept in touch.

I would say she’s in the top 5. I could be wrong but I think she would rank the same. But I cut ties with a lot of people.
It is hard for me to evaluate without knowing the entire history. The reason I asked about the mutual friends is because I think something similar happened to me.

In this story, let's call two guys Beavis and Butthead. Beavis and Butthead are close friends. Beavis lives in the East Bay and Butthead lives in Sacramento. I hang out with just Beavis more because of proximity. But my relationship is about the same with both, good friends but not best friends. Every other weekend Butthead drove to the East Bay to hang out with Beavis. Sometimes Beavis invited me to hang out with them. But a lot of the times Beavis did not invite me, I guess it wasn't convenient or they were doing something they didn't think I was interested in. I always found out what they did later from Social media. But it was not a big deal to me, it is understandable.

At some point Beavis stopped responding to my messages. I thought something might be wrong, so I contacted Butthead even though I normally did not talk to him directly as much. Butthead ignored me as well. Later I found out that Beavis and Butthead had a fall out and I guess they didn't want me know either of their whereabouts in case I am still in contact with the other.

Last edited:
she had feelings for you but she didn't love you 3000.
I didn’t get that vibe from her. Really thought we were just friends but i guess anything is possible.

It is hard for me to evaluate without knowing the entire history. The reason I asked about the mutual friends is because I think something similar happened to me.

In this story, let's call two guys Beavis and Butthead. Beavis and Butthead are close friends. Beavis lives in the East Bay and Butthead lives in Sacramento. I hang out with just Beavis more because of proximity. But my relationship is about the same with both, good friends but not best friends. Every other weekend Butthead drove to the East Bay to hang out with Beavis. Sometimes Beavis invited me to hang out with them. But a lot of the times Beavis did not invite me, I guess it wasn't convenient or they were doing something they didn't think I was interested in. I always found out what they did later from Social media. But it was not a big deal to me, it is understandable.

At some point Beavis stopped responding to my messages. I thought something might be wrong, so I contacted Butthead even though I normally did not talk to him directly as much. Butthead ignored me as well. Later I found out that Beavis and Butthead had a fall out and I guess they didn't want me know either of their whereabouts in case I am still in contact with the other.
I see. Did Beavis and Butthead know each other before you? Beavis has no reason to ignore you if him and butthead had a fallout since most of the time it was just you and Beavis.

When me and so called friend hung out there’s usually no other friends involved. I just found it weird to be telling me all that and then no invite.

I see. Did Beavis and Butthead know each other before you? Beavis has to reason to ignore you if him and butthead has a fallout since most of the time it was you and Beavis.

When we hung out there’s usually no other friends involved. I just found it weird to be telling me all that and then no invite.
I met Beavis first. Then shortly afterwards I met Butthead. Two years later Beavis and Butthead met (not through me). They clicked and became best friends.

Without knowing all the details in your situation it is hard to evaluate. If you were to confront her about leaving you out, you should've done so right away. Sitting on it for a while and then bringing up that you were excluded would make you look real weak.

I met Beavis first. Then shortly afterwards I met Butthead. Two years later Beavis and Butthead met (not through me). They clicked and became best friends.
Hmm I think it’s diff from my scenario since she would still text/call and stuff. But I see where you’re getting at.

Her ex bf was someone I used to know but I knew her before that. They broke up a long time ago and me and her still hung out.

Check my post again, I added more after edit
I wouldn’t confront, not my style. It’s her wedding so she could do whatever she wants. I just found it interesting and weird since I thought we were cool and she still contacted and updating. It bothered me that day when she said it but I didn’t care after that. Just wanted to see what you guys think. I have no problem letting people go in my life. They all come and go. I do like to evaluate things and see what or how people act.

I wouldn’t confront. I just found it interesting and weird. It bothered me that day when she said it but I didn’t care after that. Just wanted to see what you guys think.

I have no problem letting people go in my life. They all come and go. I do like to evaluate things and see what or how people act.
Most likely her thought process was that it would be weird to invite another man to her wedding. She could've communicated that to you somehow without leaving you in the dark though. Either way, now that she is married she will have less contact with you no matter what.

Most likely her thought process was that it would be weird to invite another man to her wedding. She could've communicated that to you somehow without leaving you in the dark though.
I never met her husband but he knew me and her is/was?? cool. I don’t know who else she invited since I don’t hang out with that group anymore and she doesn’t either and I don’t have any other social media. She might as well not tell me she got engaged, planning the wedding and stuff. Oh well...life goes on.

Back
Top Bottom