the thread about nothing...

I have a scenario...

I have a female friend that I thought we were pretty cool, known her since like 2001. We used to hang out pretty often. no intimate feelings or any of that stuff. Saw her as a sister or close family member only, I actually treat her like a family member more than I treat my own and I thought she saw me the same way. About 2 or 3 years ago she got a new boyfriend, we still kinda hung out but not as much but she would still text to see how’s everything and I would do the same. A year ago she got engaged. Told me about it two days after being proposed. Throughout the year she would still texts here and there and we would just talk about what’s going on in our lives and she will talk about her wedding planning etc. Earlier this month she texted me to say Happy Birthday blah blah blah. Two weeks later I texted her back because it was her birthday. I forgot how it went but it led to her saying her reception and banquet was already held two days prior to her birthday. I was surprised because I really thought we were cool but I didn’t get an invite. I found it odd that she would tell me about her engagement and planning and stuff but not this. I stopped going to weddings and all the BS because it’s just not my thing but she doesn’t know that so that can’t be the reason why I didn’t get an invite. Even if she knew isn’t it common courtesy to just send an invite?

How would you feel or act?
Of course, I'd feel bothered by it. Knowing you had an established friendship for a long time. But at the same time, I understand people change and there's always a reason for their decision. Yeah, I'd be bummed that I wasn't invited to her wedding, but I would worry about it. She's going her own path, continue to go with yours.

As far as 'common courtesy', IMO, the bride and groom (moreso the groom) can decide whomever they want to invite to their wedding. Unless they have overbearing/traditional parents who demand to have specific people at the wedding, the couple could invite whomever they choose to. That isn't a knock on you, but it happens.

How would you feel or act?

I had this happen twice.

1st one was a girl I knew that wanted a relationship with me but I never followed through. Herself and her mom became friends with my mom eventually. Well, she was getting married and my mother got her feelings hurt because she wasn’t invited to the wedding. I can understand though, my mom doesn’t know that she and I were kinda “romantically” linked. Anyway, she’s divorced with 3 kids now. I saw her almost a year ago at Target and she recognized me instantly telling her mother “oh look I remember them. Heyyy”......I walked right by and didn’t even acknowledge her :lol:

2nd time was a childhood friend of me and bro. We hung out heavy during high school and the 4 years after graduation. I’m talking about days in a row of hanging out and even celebrating birthdays. Dude ends up hanging with new friends (normal) and we see each other less and less. Years pass and we run into each other once in a while but we’re cool. He finally gets married and we never got an invite. Years pass without a word from him and he shows up at our doorstep with his wife, introduces her to us but never calling her his wife. We exchanged jokes and memories, cool. Then he hits me with the “we should hang out sometime”....nope. I’m good, dude is in the past for me and there’s no point in re-living it with him.

fv79p6ysrsq11.jpg

Something my mother does but she keeps that bottle in her purse.

“Fine. Let me get the car keys....ma, WTH is this doing in your purse?”

does anybody else's avatar disappear from time to time?

This is the 2nd time my pic has disappeared... anybody know why??

Of course, I'd feel bothered by it. Knowing you had an established friendship for a long time. But at the same time, I understand people change and there's always a reason for their decision. Yeah, I'd be bummed that I wasn't invited to her wedding, but I would worry about it. She's going her own path, continue to go with yours.

As far as 'common courtesy', IMO, the bride and groom (moreso the groom) can decide whomever they want to invite to their wedding. Unless they have overbearing/traditional parents who demand to have specific people at the wedding, the couple could invite whomever they choose to. That isn't a knock on you, but it happens.
I’m no longer bothered by it after the first day. I could easily turn off that friendship switch if I feel someone doesn’t act like a friend. But it is her wedding so she could do whatever she wants. Just thought it was odd to tell me what’s going on and then act like that.

I had this happen twice.

1st one was a girl I knew that wanted a relationship with me but I never followed through. Herself and her mom became friends with my mom eventually. Well, she was getting married and my mother got her feelings hurt because she wasn’t invited to the wedding. I can understand though, my mom doesn’t know that she and I were kinda “romantically” linked. Anyway, she’s divorced with 3 kids now. I saw her almost a year ago at Target and she recognized me instantly telling her mother “oh look I remember them. Heyyy”......I walked right by and didn’t even acknowledge her :lol:

2nd time was a childhood friend of me and bro. We hung out heavy during high school and the 4 years after graduation. I’m talking about days in a row of hanging out and even celebrating birthdays. Dude ends up hanging with new friends (normal) and we see each other less and less. Years pass and we run into each other once in a while but we’re cool. He finally gets married and we never got an invite. Years pass without a word from him and he shows up at our doorstep with his wife, introduces her to us but never calling her his wife. We exchanged jokes and memories, cool. Then he hits me with the “we should hang out sometime”....nope. I’m good, dude is in the past for me and there’s no point in re-living it with him.
:lol: The first girl probably regretted her decisions. But I’m with you...I would blacklist them too. It’s funny how some people could act stupid thinking you’ll forget about some ****. I think I’ll get offended by that too, cuz I’ll feel that they think I’m stupid or something.

Meh, I don't think real friends have expiration dates and ol' girl definitely wanted @PoweredbyMSG to, at least take his shot before she jumped the broom. Some women want men to save them from themselves.
I really didn’t even think that there’s was any ill feelings before this. Still texting and having a convo like nothing. Very strange. But nah I didn’t even try to take my shot. I didn’t have any of those type of feelings for her. I just try my best to be a good friend to people I’m still friends with.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: The first girl probably regretted her decisions. But I’m with you...I would blacklist them too. It’s funny how some people could act stupid thinking you’ll forget about some ****. I think I’ll get offended by that too, cuz I’ll feel that they think I’m stupid or something.

Yeah man, there comes a point where you just need to move on. There are so many people in this world that you don’t need to stick to certain folk after they’ve wronged you.

I’m no longer bothered by it after the first day. I could easily turn off that friendship switch if I feel someone doesn’t act like a friend. But it is her wedding so she could do whatever’s she wants. Just thought it was odd to tell me what’s going on and then act like that.
I hear you. I've been in your situation before. It is odd.

I had this happen twice.I

Also had similar situations happen twice.

One was a childhood friend. Literally hung out all the time with him and another childhood friend of mine. He was even my roommate when I first moved out on my own. But over time he just got more and more distant with me and the other friend(which was odd because we always got along and never had any disputes, just a minor disagreement here and there) and eventually one day just up and moved out, skipped out on the rent that month and all that which put me in a real tough position. Never heard from that dude again and if I saw him again today, I would probably just walk right past him.

2nd time is a little more recent, and slightly different. Me and this friend were also very close. Me and her would hang out all the time and have a blast. Had a thing for her but it never really went further than that, since she was taken at the time. Somewhere along the way...something with her just changed. Started talking behind my back(while being all smiles and friendly to my face), starting drama, and pretty blatantly not inviting me to things...this had me confused because I thought we were cool. After a while I just sat her down and talked to them about it, and we ironed things out. All good now right? Well they started acting even faker than before and still I don't get invited to things. Don't even acknowledge them when I see them now(which is unfortunately often, as we have a lot of mutual friends) Safe to say I don't consider them a friend anymore :lol:

TLDR: Some people just start moving and acting different, sacrificing friendships in order to do so.

Last edited:

One was a childhood friend. Literally hung out all time with him and another childhood friend of mine. He was even my roommate when I first moved out on my own. But over time he just got more and more distant with me and the other friend(which was odd because we always got along and never had any disputes, just a minor disagreement here and there) and eventually one day just up and moved out, skipped out on the rent that month and all that which put me in a real tough position. Never heard from that dude again and if I saw him again today, I would probably just walk right past him.

2nd time is a little more recent, and slightly different. Me and this friend were also very close. Me and her would hang out all the time and have a blast. Had a thing for her but it never really went further than that, since she was taken at the time. Somewhere along the way...something with her just changed. Started talking behind my back(while being all smiles and friendly to my face), starting drama, and pretty blatantly not inviting me to things...this had me confused because I thought we were cool. After a while I just sat her down and talked to them about it, and we ironed things out. All good now right? Well they started acting even faker than before and still I don't get invited to things. Don't really rock with them anymore. Safe to say I don't consider them a friend anymore :lol:

TLDR: Some people just start moving and acting different, sacrificing friendships in order to do so.
You can put my former college roommate in that category too

One was a childhood friend. Literally hung out all time with him and another childhood friend of mine. He was even my roommate when I first moved out on my own. But over time he just got more and more distant with me and the other friend(which was odd because we always got along and never had any disputes, just a minor disagreement here and there) and eventually one day just up and moved out, skipped out on the rent that month and all that which put me in a real tough position. Never heard from that dude again and if I saw him again today, I would probably just walk right past him.

2nd time is a little more recent, and slightly different. Me and this friend were also very close. Me and her would hang out all the time and have a blast. Had a thing for her but it never really went further than that, since she was taken at the time. Somewhere along the way...something with her just changed. Started talking behind my back(while being all smiles and friendly to my face), starting drama, and pretty blatantly not inviting me to things...this had me confused because I thought we were cool. After a while I just sat her down and talked to them about it, and we ironed things out. All good now right? Well they started acting even faker than before and still I don't get invited to things. Don't really rock with them anymore. Safe to say I don't consider them a friend anymore :lol:

Easiest thing to do is meet new people, no shortage of them. Might find people that fit better with how you rock today instead of how you used to be.

Easiest thing to do is meet new people, no shortage of them. Might find people that fit better with how you rock today instead of how you used to be.

Funny enough me and a couple of her friends are pretty much family now because they also think she was being foul towards me :lol: and they are a much better fit along with the other childhood friend I previously mentioned(not the roommate). Just good music & games, good food and drinks, good convo whenever we link up.

TAN doesn't get the numbers like it used to and yet they wanna ban it lol
The Fappening somewhat impacted TAN...

Back
Top Bottom