the thread about nothing...

jm6ubxvzbnl31.jpg

NT OG Since '04 kinda wanna come back... Changed my life around went through alot of ish.. If you know you know.. I kind of stumbled in to the Music Industry & Production thing and its going well.

I wanna share some things I been working on...

All opinions would be dope.

Like this if you were here for HT :nerd:(Funny part about it all is mentioning of that forum is a curse word here :rofl: METH has had it out for us HT vets 16 years now. That made my night :lol:

I feel like some how trump/society has made it ok to argue like a child. I don't know which kind of logical fallacy it would fall under but I had mentioned that i wear skins gear a lot less these days since it is offensive to some people. I was then told well why don't they change the Indians name huh? or what about the Seminoles???? They do that chant at FSU to mock native Americans and the arm chop thing?!? Wait until ornithologist are upset that the Blue Jays have to beat the Orioles....birds shouldn't fight each other they should be revered right?!?!

Like yes i understand that some things can be offensive to everyone...and yes i understand its a slippery slope....but just because you can find false equivalencies with everything doesn't give you an excuse to give everything a pass. Like who are you hurting by changing the name of the Washington Football team? No one?!?! Ok so why not just do it?

The only reason it bothers me is because being 32 years old (which i guess makes me a millennial) we get this "snow flake" title. And really its called evolving...being progressive...willing to change and listen and hear people out...but nope...

I feel like some how trump/society has made it ok to argue like a child. I don't know which kind of logical fallacy it would fall under but I had mentioned that i wear skins gear a lot less these days since it is offensive to some people. I was then told well why don't they change the Indians name huh? or what about the Seminoles???? They do that chant at FSU to mock native Americans and the arm chop thing?!? Wait until ornithologist are upset that the Blue Jays have to beat the Orioles....birds shouldn't fight each other they should be revered right?!?!

Like yes i understand that some things can be offensive to everyone...and yes i understand its a slippery slope....but just because you can find false equivalencies with everything doesn't give you an excuse to give everything a pass. Like who are you hurting by changing the name of the Washington Football team? No one?!?! Ok so why not just do it?

The only reason it bothers me is because being 32 years old (which i guess makes me a millennial) we get this "snow flake" title. And really its called evolving...being progressive...willing to change and listen and hear people out...but nope...

To piggy back on your post, somewhat related:

I feel like communication is dead now. People love to talk and share their own opinion, but nobody ever listens with empathy.

Somebody will say something and the other person will say: "Well I read this on the internet so I think this and that".

Did you even take the time to listen to what the other person was saying? Or you just took that time to prepare what you were going to say next.

Some people don't argue with reason, they argue to not be wrong by any means and won't relinquish it no matter what. No matter if they know they lost.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom