the thread about nothing...

odell-baker.jpg

Not tryna be #negativeNancy but it will sure suck if he died from a
high Powered electrical line, or the harness malfunctions and he turn into scramble eggs when he touches ground.

With all that money saved up, can't spend you hard earn money in your grave.

Stay safe and spend, spend.

I have a friend that works at PGE doing that for the last 10+ years. Crazy amount of OT especially during the raining season. He was an apprentice or they call it journeyman for 2 years before they let him be on his own. It is a risky job because they rely on the operator to make sure they shut off some power before he could work on things sometimes and if that operator screw up, he's gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not tryna be #negativeNancy but it will sure suck if he died from a
high Powered electrical line, or the harness malfunctions and he turn into scramble eggs when he touches ground.

With all that money saved up, can't spend you hard earn money in your grave.

Stay safe and spend, spend.
His job certainly has it's drawbacks. The clip only showed him doing the less dangerous and dirty stuff like moving lawns, and not him climbing the utility pole in adverse weather. But he seems to have a positive outlook in life and if he is on track to retire in his early 30's then more power to him.

I have a friend that works at PGE doing that for the last 10+ years. Crazy amount of OT especially during the raining season. Was an apprentice or they call it journeymen for 2 years before they let him become on his own. It is a risky job.
Definitely great paying job I won't knock it. I guess if your a bit of a adrenaline junkie and as well not afraid of heights. You should be fine to take care of your own safety.

Last edited:
His job certainly has it's drawbacks. The clip only showed him doing the less dangerous and dirty stuff like moving lawns, and not him climbing the utility pole in adverse weather. But he seems to have a positive outlook in life and if he is on track to retire in his early 30's then more power to him.
Since you brought this to our attention, would you work in his type of Field?

Definitely great paying job I won't knock it. I guess if your a bit of a adrenaline junkie and as well not afraid of heights. You should've be fine to take of your own safety.
He doesn't have a college degree and he wasn't making much as a mechanic for some small airline. Have two kids and a wife, I guess sometimes whatever it takes.

He said there are tough days, but there's also some really easy days because he just sleeps in the truck during double OTs waiting for stuff to happen and get called on.

Back
Top Bottom