the thread about nothing...

"Your gift is what you do best with the least amount of effort."

Well damn...what exactly is that for me?

This is definitely the 2nd video I've seen of him describing the need to find and follow your gift. I like this message.

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer i remember you previously stated you own your own business. Would you mind if I asked what specifically this business is? Please please PM me if you do not wish to share it for public viewing.

Same question to you Grine Grine . Dont know if you own your own business but it seems obvious that you do well for yourself.

My bro owns his own business. Printing/sign making company. Asked him what made him pick that lane. He said he simply knew enough folks that were in need of that type of work so he decided to do it himself. Still doesnt make complete sense to me, but hes doing it and bringing in the cash. I need to find my lane and trying to figure out how.

Always wanted to work in audio. First it was music, obviously but went to school for audio engineering and it open my mind to the extensive amount of work related to audio that isnt music specific.

Then saw a Quincy jones interview where he says he never made a piece of music for the money. He goes on and says if he was focused on the money, God would leave the room. Scared I've been too focused on the money and not the joy, but I'm in such a position now where the money has to be there for me to do it.

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer i remember you previously stated you own your own business. Would you mind if I asked what specifically this business is? Please please PM me if you do not wish to share it for public viewing.

Same question to you Grine Grine . Dont know if you own your own business but it seems obvious that you do well for yourself.

My bro owns his own business. Printing/sign making company. Asked him what made him pick that lane. He said he simply knew enough folks that were in need of that type of work so he decided to do it himself. Still doesnt make complete sense to me, but hes doing it and bringing in the cash. I need to find my lane and trying to figure out how.

Always wanted to work in audio. First it was music, obviously but went to school for audio engineering and it open my mind to the extensive amount of work related to audio that isnt music specific.

Then saw a Quincy jones interview where he says he never made a piece of music for the money. He goes on and says if he was focused on the money, God would leave the room. Scared I've been too focused on the money and not the joy, but I'm in such a position now where the money has to be there for me to do it.

Well I do work for a company because I like to have my check coming along with the benefits. However, I’m invested in real estate. Also, I do have a production company (partner) where we host concerts.

The thing about a lot of people who start their own business or in sort of situation of financial freedom / investments is that money is the common denominator...however that cannot be your motivation.

My motivation is my daughter and being able to leave a legacy for her. Also, I have a huge passion for music hence why I am invested in doing shows. So what Quincey is saying is true.

When I was a manager at my previous company, my whole mindset what to get another job to pay me more. It never happened. :lol: Well it did but I changed my reasoning and attitude to why I felt I needed to move on.

Once that happened, I was placed not only an increase in my salary but I am now able to work from home (being a to be more at home with my daughter) and being able to travel as needed. Also, I love the company I work for and what we contribute back to the world.

Well I do work for a company because I like to have my check come in. However, I’m invested in real estate. Also, I do have a production company (partner) where we host concerts.

The thing about a lot of people who start their own business or in sort of situation of financial freedom / investment is that money is the common denominator...however that cannot be your motivation.

My motivation is my daughter and being able to leave a legacy for her. Also, I have a huge passion for music hence why I am invested in doing shows. So what Quincey is saying is true.

When I was a manager at my previous company, my whole mindset what to get another job to pay me more. It never happened. :lol: Well it did but I changed my reasoning and attitude to why I felt I needed to move on.

Once that happened, I was placed not only an increase in my salary but I am now able to work from home (being a to be more at home with my daughter) and being able to travel as needed. Also, I love the company I work for and what we contribute back to the world.
Thank you for the reply brother. Greatly appreciated.

My only other question at this point is did you attend and graduate college? I did not graduate and I feel like that will prevent me from getting a position with a company that will provide me the financially stability I seek.

Thank you for the reply brother. Greatly appreciated.

My only other question at this point is did you attend and graduate college? I did not graduate and I feel like that will prevent me from getting a position with a company that will provide me the financially stability I seek.

Yes I did. However, if had to do it over again. I wouldn’t have. I work inTechnology. A certification with very minimum experience. = my degree.

I don’t think really hold people back unless they’re going into a specialty or management. And even with management - that’s all about how to deal with problems and people.

Don’t think you need an education to get ahead. If you’re good at what you do, it will show. You just have to be creative about displaying your talent/skills.

Yes I did. However, if had to do it over again. I wouldn’t have. I work inTechnology. A certification with very minimum experience. = my degree.

I don’t think really hold people back unless they’re going into a specialty or management. And even with management - that’s all about how to deal with problems and people.

Don’t think you need an education to get ahead. If you’re good at what you do, it will show. You just have to be creative about displaying your talent/skills.
Makes sense.

I'm not a people person and am kinda done trying to be one, so I have kinda, but not completely, given up on the management idea for a company. I have realised I have little patient for mistakes and for repeating myself. Doing so would make me miserable...if i was unable to lash out at the person I had to repeat myself to.

So with that said, it kinda feels like I should go the music/audio production route. I just dont have the time to spare, both in the now and also in the establishing ground roots and paying your dues to get in a position to be "that guy" people seek.

Almost is like i should suck it up and be a better people person. And in all honesty it's less about the people and way more about self...just how you ate able to respond/react to situations. I learned long ago that I was an emotional person who responds emotionally more often than not. I have tried to grow out of it (in fact I have NEEDED to grow out of it to be better for my wife) but in the actual moment it's hard

Again, thank you for the information.

giphy.gif

Drink but do not get drunk makes total sense. Lifting yourself above the stress of life into a place of euphoria where thoughts can flow without anger/stress/despair. Its nice.
Great way to put it. I love drinking but i hate being drunk. I feel like I'm my true self, it removes all the emotional armor that we've learned to put up over our life. I can fully understand how people can become addicted.
I started smoking now and I'm trying to find a good balance with that. Getting too high is NOT the biz.

I can't proof read my own posts because I know what they are supposed to say. So when I read it back, I'm not reading the wors that are there... I'm playing back what I know should be there. Took me 5 minutes to find a typo in a post that I read like 5 times to myself.

Back
Top Bottom