the thread about nothing...

the-steve-harvey-show.jpg

I feel like RDJ is gonna end up coming back as Iron Man. People keep asking about it, HE knows he killed it and people are cool with him playing other rolls. He never says he’s NOT going to do it either. I can definitely see a cameo happening at the least..

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer i remember you previously stated you own your own business. Would you mind if I asked what specifically this business is? Please please PM me if you do not wish to share it for public viewing.

Same question to you Grine Grine . Dont know if you own your own business but it seems obvious that you do well for yourself.

My bro owns his own business. Printing/sign making company. Asked him what made him pick that lane. He said he simply knew enough folks that were in need of that type of work so he decided to do it himself. Still doesnt make complete sense to me, but hes doing it and bringing in the cash. I need to find my lane and trying to figure out how.

Always wanted to work in audio. First it was music, obviously but went to school for audio engineering and it open my mind to the extensive amount of work related to audio that isnt music specific.

Then saw a Quincy jones interview where he says he never made a piece of music for the money. He goes on and says if he was focused on the money, God would leave the room. Scared I've been too focused on the money and not the joy, but I'm in such a position now where the money has to be there for me to do it.

I do freelance work in a very specific area. For my privacy, I probably won't ever disclose what it is. It is not the most glamorous work but it is a stable and steady business. As far as how I got started in this trade, this goes back to 2011. I was in my early 20's and people my age were affected the most by the recession. Basically I was broke and unemployed. One of my relatives offered me a job starting off with taking care of odds and ends. A few years went by and my relative didn't want to do it anymore, so I picked it up.

Before that I worked on several businesses that I was passionate about. A couple of them really had the potential to be very successful both in terms of monetary and intrinsic fulfillment. Hypothetically, if I had more funding, reliable business partners, or a little more luck I wouldn't be here typing this now. As the saying goes if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas. Some of those failures still sting because I hit it out of the park. But I don't have regrets because I actually pursued my dreams and would rather lick my wounds than to wonder "what if?". Ultimately the experience I gained was invaluable and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

The doing what you love vs how much money you make debate will go on until the end of time. That's up to the individual to decide. Ideally, you want to do something that you are passionate but also want to be well compensated.

Most of the time, the best business ideas involve identifying one of your own problems, noticing others experiencing the same problem, and developing a solution. If there is already a product or platform, think of ways to improve or enhance it.

If you are going down this path, this is my advice:

1. Hit the ground running. As soon as you come up with an idea you have enough interest in pursuing, start executing. The longer you wait, the more you think of worst case scenarios and talk yourself out of it.

2. You will run into roadblocks and obstacles that you never thought were possible. This is the universe's way to test if you really want it.

3. Block out the noise. You will deal with a lot of naysayers. Some are just haters who want to see you fail. Some have your best interest and don't want to see you lose. The only voice you should listen to is your own.

4. You will make mistakes and that is okay. Learn and adapt from your mistakes. Experience is the one thing you cannot buy, borrow, or pretend to have.

Back
Top Bottom