the thread about nothing...

TCF lives up to their name with cheesecake for sure

That White chocolate raspberry swirl joint aint playing fair AT ALL
Most definitely lives up to their name! Haven't had that white chocolate raspberry...will def keep it in mind for next time. I've had the birthday cake one & the peanut butter chocolate. Both were HEAVENLY!!!

Was talking about their burritos randomly with my brother, 20 mins later we were in the city. It hit the spot followed by Boston cream cheese cake :D
20200211_214439.jpg
20200211_230502.jpg
20200211_232511.jpg
Man....there's a couple Halal Guys store front in the Bay Area. One in SF and one in Berkeley I think, but they're always kinda empty and the reviews not that good. Is the one in NY really that good? There's a Halal Cart in the FiDi tho....It's decent but they're cheap with the meat. The next day Ill be having some weird humid doo doo too. Like the ones with the smell that really sticks to your clothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come thru family! Got plenty to go around. Does Halal Guys have a location in Houston? If so, have you tried it? I think they do. I tried their spot in ChiTown back in 2018 & it was trashhhhhhh. Tasted nothin like NYC OG cart
Yea its few minutes from my crib. Its trash. Tried it once never went back. The og cart is where its at.

Luckily i found a spot that's up to par to nyc halal food here in Houston.

Man....there's a couple Halal Guys store front in the Bay Area. One in SF and one in Berkeley I think...but they're always kinda empty and the reviews not that good. Is the one in NY really that good? There's a Halal Cart in the FiDi tho....It's decent but they're cheap with the meat.
Yeah they got spots in Cali & pretty much globally too Japan/Phillippines/Europe. I'm not surprised reviews aren't that good, seems like as they expanded outside of NYC their product quality steadily declined. The one in NYC on 53rdst & 6th Ave really is the G.O.A.T. chicken & rice platters. There are a few spots in Astoria & Hillside Queens that I mess with for platters but 53rd & 6th def stands out. Yeah if they cheap with meat, I never return...don't want a platter thats 75% rice & sauce lol

Man....there's a couple Halal Guys store front in the Bay Area. One in SF and one in Berkeley I think...but they're always kinda empty and the reviews not that good. Is the one in NY really that good? There's a Halal Cart in the FiDi tho....It's decent but they're cheap with the meat. The next day Ill be having some weird humid doo doo too. Like the ones with the smell that really sticks to your clothing.
Back in the day and in its prime you had to wait 2-3hrs in line just to get you a plate. Eventually they opened more carts across the street, if you ever in nyc 53rd & 6th ave is where you need to get the original halal guys.

Yea its few minutes from my crib. Its trash. Tried it once never went back. The og cart is where its at.

Luckily i found a spot that's up to par to nyc halal food here in Houston.
Yeah I assumed it'd be trash...if it were any good you'd have mentioned it by now. The OG cart really is where it's at. I never go to the one up or down the block, although it's the same food prepped by the same guys I stick with the original. Back in '04 Hilton offered the owner to move the cart 1 block up so all the food trash in and around the street doesn't tarnish the outward appearance of the hotel. I believe he offered him 2 million & the cart owner replied "I make 4 million in half a year". At some point it's no longer about the food, your location becomes synonomous to your product and name. When I come to H-Town I need you to point me in the right direction to that cart

Back in the day and in its prime you had to wait 2-3hrs in line just to get you a plate. Eventually they opened more carts across the street, if you ever in nyc 53rd & 6th ave is where you need to get the original halal guys.
Facts! In it's prime their used to be D.T.'s policing the immediate area of the cart grounds Fri/Sat night because the lines were long, people drunk & hungry so it would make for a very rowdy crowd

Most definitely lives up to their name! Haven't had that white chocolate raspberry...will def keep it in mind for next time. I've had the birthday cake one & the peanut butter chocolate. Both were HEAVENLY!!!

def gonna get a slice soon :lol: :lol: . Ill report back

Good news!
I found both sets of headphones.
so now I got 2 in-ear headphones
However. Low key still want those Bose over the head headphones . I’m just being cheap :frown:

You think you're being cheap?....man, I’m cool with the earphones my iPhone 6plus came with. If those bust, I got no problem going back to Marshall’s to get them $5.99 Jib joints :lol:

Sad and not surprising. Idk if anything can be done, it's due to poor parenting.

Man....there's a couple Halal Guys store front in the Bay Area. One in SF and one in Berkeley I think, but they're always kinda empty and the reviews not that good. Is the one in NY really that good? There's a Halal Cart in the FiDi tho....It's decent but they're cheap with the meat. The next day Ill be having some weird humid doo doo too. Like the ones with the smell that really sticks to your clothing.
i tried halal guys in oakland and sf and didnt get what the hype was all about when they 1st came out here...i didnt even bother in nyc bc i didnt think it was all that...but there was these food carts in nyc that served chicken over rice...the vendors were from bagledesh...and the carts were by MSG...the plates were only $5 and i had one a day even if i wasnt hungry...those were hellllla good

i tried halal guys in oakland and sf and didnt get what the hype was all about when they 1st came out here...i didnt even bother in nyc bc i didnt think it was all that...but there was these food carts in nyc that served chicken over rice...the vendors were from bagledesh...and the carts were by MSG...the plates were only $5 and i had one a day even if i wasnt hungry...those were hellllla good

I always say this . Halal guys is like in n out.
They’re both good. They’re both cheap.
They’re both convenient.
There’s better options for both. But for those 3 reasons, these spots are clutch.
I had halal guys in Koreatown. It was $13
I remember I had halal guys in New York after the club for like $6
Sometimes you just can’t compare

Back
Top Bottom