the thread about nothing...

What were some of the things she had to deal with?
Curious to know, myself. I'm certain that I have what it takes to be a teacher but I never had any interest. I used to substitute teach and I kinda liked it but there's so much unnecessary friction due to poor parenting.

I used to be an education major for 3 years before dropping out the program and changing my major.

being a teacher is one of the hardest jobs here in Americas. They get paid ****, no one respects them, many pay for school supplies out of their own pockets, etc.

A lot of inspiring teachers have dreams of teaching in low funded counties thinking they’re going to make a difference on some freedom writers type ****. They get smacked with reality real quick and realized that being a teacher is more than just teaching. It’s literally babysitting kids and teens who have family and other personal problems. As a teacher you take on those burdens because the kids carry their problems into the classroom everyday.

UniqueAccurateFrogmouth-size_restricted.gif

I used to be an education major for 3 years before dropping out the program and changing my major.

being a teacher is one of the hardest jobs here in Americas. They get paid ****, no one respects them, many pay for school supplies out of their own pockets, etc.

A lot of inspiring teachers have dreams of teaching in low funded counties thinking they’re going to make a difference on some freedom writers type ****. They get smacked with reality real quick and realized that being a teacher is more than just teaching. It’s literally babysitting kids and teens who have family and other personal problems. As a teacher you take on those burdens because the kids carry their problems into the classroom everyday.
... and then they have to deal w/ the staff stuff.

& 9 out of 10 times in a physical altercation, the teacher gets the blame even if it's self-defense. Lose their jobs, pension & tack on more stress & burden being unemployed

What were some of the things she had to deal with?
Why'd you quote me in here? :lol: See below:

Yup. She wasn't from the hood and thought she'd help underprivileged latinx kids as a way to use her own privilege for good and reality hit her *** like a tank going 80mph. A young, attractive, white passing hispanic girl that knew nothing about the struggle because she'd been purposefully insulated her entire life? Kids had negative respect for her. Her mom who was from the hood tried to tell her **** wasn't gonna be sweet, it was gonna be hard, but she still underestimated.
... and then they have to deal w/ the staff stuff.
The staff stuff is a big part as well. The DOE here in NY is an absolute ****show that does little to ease the stress that staff are under. If anything they're just another source.

Got officially let go from my job today... My (former) boss said the company is struggling so much that they might not even make it through next year. I was kinda expecting this since she was taking a long time to get back to me when I asked for an update on my position, but it just sucks. Figures I get a convenient job with a good salary and this happens. I hope there’ll be something better for me out there.

Got officially let go from my job today... My (former) boss said the company is struggling so much that they might not even make it through next year. I was kinda expecting this since she was taking a long time to get back to me when I asked for an update on my position, but it just sucks. Figures I get a convenient job with a good salary and this happens. I hope there’ll be something better for me out there.
Sorry to hear that Fam.

chin up mane. the next good opportunity is around the corner.

Back
Top Bottom