the thread about nothing...

Nah, Tarver ended his career. He fell off after Tarver layed him out cold in their 2nd fight. He never recovered after that. He ran boxing for 10 years up to that point. 49-1. 1 loss by disqualification. Really undefeated till Tarver put him out.

yep. I think I watched every one of his HBO fights. Even his “rematch” with Hopkins. His entire career he was simply more athletic than every person he faced. When that athleticism slipped just a tad, he was gonna have to take some heavy blows to win fights.

after barely being touched his whole life, his body just wasn’t ready for that style of fighting, like the de la Hoyas and the Arturo gatti type gladiators of his era.

Me and my nephew right now. He turned 13 today :emoji_birthday:
973CD978-F6E3-4B6C-942D-C5B7E9D48E01.jpeg

His new t shirt haha
2D156027-8D53-46C0-B665-55C088B00A83.jpeg

That first Tarver fight, that he actually won, was when Jones started displaying the negative effects of jumping through all those weight classes. It was the end for him at that point.

Shame cause not only did he outclass opponents, he pulverized them in the process and got finishes

The CGI in this movie was sooo ahead of it's time. Soo real & detailed looking. Modern flicks still pale in comparison CGI & special effects wise. Probably the best in the series & legendary. Fallen Kingdom started off great but fell off hard once they reached land & got into the mansion. That point forward it got repetitive to the old ones & corny imo

Back
Top Bottom