the thread about nothing...

This. LISTENING to the other person > thinking about what you're going to say.
But isn’t that what that other person is stopping YOU from doing? “Stop talking about your perspective so I can talk about my perspective.” It seems like 2 self centered people bumping heads.

But isn’t that what that other person is stopping YOU from doing? “Stop talking about your perspective so I can talk about my perspective.” It seems like 2 self centered people bumping heads.

Absolutely not. I enjoy listening to what others have to say. No one is "stopping" me from anything. I'm choosing to listen by choice. The complete opposite of self centered. You should try it some time.

Absolutely not. I enjoy listening to what others have to say. No one is "stopping" me from anything. I'm choosing to listen by choice. The complete opposite of self centered. You should try it some time.
You’re assuming I do this because I don’t have this stance? I have this stance because I actually do listen to people and I can identify when someone is trying to relate to me without being offended., no matter how they do it, because I understand what it is. I also notice it’s a type to feel that way. You know, the passive aggressive type.

sbiem1h02tj31.jpg

Twitter personalities freaking out because they lost followers. Apparently, there might have been a Twitter purge? I will never understand social media stans and their obsession with followers. It’s like it gives them this magical superiority.

Twitter personalities freaking out because they lost followers. Apparently, there might have been a Twitter purge? I will never understand social media stans and their obsession with followers. It’s like it gives them this magical superiority.
It sounds like you understand it then.

One big issue with social media is that it's made it TOO easy to complain about things. 20 years ago, you had to make a concerted effort to file a complaint, let alone have it heard. So people had to really care to get a complaint off the ground. Phone calls, writing to newspapers, standing in line.... something that took effort and showed that you really want this issue heard. Throughout that process, sometimes people might feel that it's not that big of a deal. Nowadays you *literally* don't have to lift a finger.

Back
Top Bottom