the thread about nothing...

Thanks for elaborating it was a promotional price predicated on the opponent. Lakers tickets have always been historically expensive unfortunately, even in the upper level sections. :emoji_angry:🙄

They were mostly terrible during the era when they wore those crappy navy with orange uniforms. It was ominous when Latrell Sprewell choked the coach early in the 1997-98 season since that was their first year wearing those duds. 😲

Thanks for sharing that you were able to upgrade your seating for 5 years. Hopefully you enjoyed it. 👍
Laker games were expensive...and it felt like youd see more LOLakers jerseys than home jerseys...but it was prime time Kobe those days...

tickets prices were crazy during the championship runs...esp if you were used to going to games during the Cohan (ownership) era...and there was no way you were sneaking down to sit up front...there was a different demographic/tax bracket/whatever you want to call it at those games...

i dont think the SF arena will ever have the energy the oakland arena had...we really had it bad since webber left...highlights of the year would be where we were drafting in the lottery when i was growing up...kinda how the knicks have been the last ten years

EF0A3B8E-04C4-48E2-9496-BFE583FF6CB3.jpeg

Can I get MS Office for a Mac? Looking to buy it as a gift for someone but I'm not an Apple person.

Laker games were expensive...and it felt like youd see more LOLakers jerseys than home jerseys...but it was prime time Kobe those days...

tickets prices were crazy during the championship runs...esp if you were used to going to games during the Cohan (ownership) era...and there was no way you were sneaking down to sit up front...there was a different demographic/tax bracket/whatever you want to call it at those games...

i dont think the SF arena will ever have the energy the oakland arena had...we really had it bad since webber left...highlights of the year would be where we were drafting in the lottery when i was growing up...kinda how the knicks have been the last ten years
I know I was already priced out from Warriors games during their first championship season. I was in VA and tickets for Wizards/Warriors doubled.

I honestly don't know if I'd want to pay to watch them in SF. Prolly will have to watch a game against OKC or Orlando.

tix use to be affordable and easily attained
strangely, there was something exciting about watching a 20 win team
not so much these days :lol:

tix use to be affordable and easily attained
strangely, there was something exciting about watching a 20 win team
not so much these days :lol:

it was more about basketball those days...kinda like A's games (same vibe)...

then it turned into the new Giants thing where it was kind of the place to be seen or the place to go to be a part of the championship run...nothing wrong w this...but following the 20 win teams and rooting for 2nd rounders like Gilbert Arenas was a good time

Yo, was the Frobe phase like a whole movement? I know nappy hair has always existed. Or natural hair for you easily offended.

It could just be me having grown up in that generation but I feel like there were a lot of people directly, intentionally, or indrectionly and unintentionally influenced by that hair style.

Prior to the Frobe, it was straight fades around me. Braids were kind of getting on but still fairly new and uncommon.

Yo, was the Frobe phase like a whole movement? I know nappy hair has always existed. Or natural hair for you easily offended.

It could just be me having grown up in that generation but I feel like there were a lot of people directly, intentionally, or indrectionly and unintentionally influenced by that hair style.

Prior to the Frobe, it was straight fades around me. Braids were kind of getting on but still fairly new and uncommon.
How far back we talking? I remember braids/cornrolls blowing up with snoop and Bone Thugs. And you had to have a fro before you had braids. *shrugs*

How far back we talking? I remember braids/cornrolls blowing up with snoop and Bone Thugs. And you had to have a fro before you had braids. *shrugs*
Right, but the snoop and bones fro wasnt a nappy fro. That **** was picked clean.

That Frobe hit different.

And I was a lil kid during bone and snoop (92 - 93) so not only is memory in question but exposure was limited. Braids EXPLODED imo with Ludacris. Not saying he was the cause, but when he dropped everyone was ditching the fade at that point. Ivo influence I guess.

Back
Top Bottom