the thread about nothing...

The funny thing is a neighbor from the Bay Area who moved out over a month ago told me Warriors tickets used to be like $8 or $9 during the 2000s. He also told me he had a cousin who used to buy the cheap tickets and move down to better seats because there were empty seats and either he was able to sneak down or they just didn't care. He mentioned he was able to sit close to the court too. 😆
$8-$9 tickets was during a special promotion where specific sections of the upper level were priced like that depending on who the Warriors played. Warriors always sold out when the Lakers or Kings played in Oakland. But overall, there was a consistent fan base that continued to support the franchise during that ridiculous era in the franchise's history.

I feel like people showed more interest in the franchise when they signed Mike Montgomery (Standford BBall Coach great) to be the head coach. It didn't turn out well and he was dumped for the return of Don Nelson. To me, that's what kicked off a new fan base for the team. I mean, why wouldn't it? W's got the playoffs for the first time in 15 years and were exciting and fun to watch.

The good and bad times being a Warriors fan.

tuubknahe0461.jpg

The funny thing is a neighbor from the Bay Area who moved out over a month ago told me Warriors tickets used to be like $8 or $9 during the 2000s. He also told me he had a cousin who used to buy the cheap tickets and move down to better seats because there were empty seats and either he was able to sneak down or they just didn't care. He mentioned he was able to sit close to the court too. 😆
i did this every game i went to between 2000 and 2005 when i was in college...there were times the dudes selling tickets in front would just hand me all of their tickets once the 1st quarter started...

the mike dunleavy/troy murphy trade was when everything started changing...it was really fun before and after that trade...but winning became consistent after that trade...we had alotta bad draft picks...but mike dunleavy was my least favorite

Where do y'all keep your important pictures online? My phone is running out of storage and I have numerous photos I don't want to part with and was wondering the best place to store them online that's either free or cost effective. I have little over 9 GB of just pictures.

Where do y'all keep your important pictures online? My phone is running out of storage and I have numerous photos I don't want to part with and was wondering the best place to store them online that's either free or cost effective. I have little over 9 GB of just pictures.

not sure of your budget but Google offers 100gb of cloud storage for $1.99 a month

I print the memorable ones of mine out. I dont trust keeping them in a phone. I most certainly don't trust "clouds."

But to answer your question I would use a memory stick/card for back up.

Why is it so difficult to speak to someone from USPS? Can’t get past being put on hold for hours
if you are looking for info on your package, call the local office number. i usually get through to the branch manager. if you are calling some 800#, good luck

I print the memorable ones of mine out. I dont trust keeping them in a phone. I most certainly don't trust "clouds."

But to answer your question I would use a memory stick/card for back up.
my n
my samsung note 9 has a sim card...i just keep them there

lmfao there's an ungodly amount of salt in my fb news feed for a few days now.

a lot of people here in manila are really mad at Nike bc they werent able to cop their grails. someone even made a dummy account so they can call out the management :lol:

$8-$9 tickets was during a special promotion where specific sections of the upper level were priced like that depending on who the Warriors played. Warriors always sold out when the Lakers or Kings played in Oakland. But overall, there was a consistent fan base that continued to support the franchise during that ridiculous era in the franchise's history.

I feel like people showed more interest in the franchise when they signed Mike Montgomery (Standford BBall Coach great) to be the head coach. It didn't turn out well and he was dumped for the return of Don Nelson. To me, that's what kicked off a new fan base for the team. I mean, why wouldn't it? W's got the playoffs for the first time in 15 years and were exciting and fun to watch.

The good and bad times being a Warriors fan.

Thanks for elaborating it was a promotional price predicated on the opponent. Lakers tickets have always been historically expensive unfortunately, even in the upper level sections. :emoji_angry:🙄

I recall Asian fans were deep at Warriors games when the team was bad. They certainly had good seats since I saw them on TV a lot. They were there before Stephen Curry! 😆

I recall Montgomery. And it's Stanford. Yes, he excelled coaching at Stanford. But he was just another one of those who could coach good in NCAA, but couldn't do 💩 in the NBA.

Nelson definitely helped their resurgence when he returned. The biggest accomplishment during that era was their upset of no. 1 seed Mavericks when they were the no. 8 seed in 2007. And also when they drafted Curry in 2009.

They were mostly terrible during the era when they wore those crappy navy with orange uniforms. It was ominous when Latrell Sprewell choked the coach early in the 1997-98 season since that was their first year wearing those duds. 😲

i did this every game i went to between 2000 and 2005 when i was in college...there were times the dudes selling tickets in front would just hand me all of their tickets once the 1st quarter started...

the mike dunleavy/troy murphy trade was when everything started changing...it was really fun before and after that trade...but winning became consistent after that trade...we had alotta bad draft picks...but mike dunleavy was my least favorite

Thanks for sharing that you were able to upgrade your seating for 5 years. Hopefully you enjoyed it. 👍

NBA arenas are theoretically hard to sneak down based on architecture and dimensions from what I was told. They're strict about checking tickets from what I heard. They're a smaller facility so their architecture can feasibly place enough ushers and security in spots to check on people walking in.

Now NFL & MLB stadiums are more advantageous because they're larger and there's way more people walking in them based on seating capacity.

I attended Dodgers games between the tail-end of the 2016 until June 2019 including the playoffs in 2017 & 2018. It was great being able to move down. I was cool with a good amount of ushers and they liked my behavior so they were lenient with me. But it became acrimonious by June 2019 so I had to stop attending because there would be perpetual issues with my seating habits had I kept going. An a-hole supervisor caught on to me and it was going to be permanently complicated for me going forward. And ticket prices on the secondary market kept increasing.

Rams games in 2019 were easy. I always moved down to lower row seats after getting in with tickets that averaged $38 and some cents due to a deal the Rams offered for all 7 home games last season.

Back
Top Bottom