the thread about nothing...

I’m confused about the Naomi Osaka press conference and why she got upset. Nothing seemed out of line to me unless I’m missing something. To me, when that reporter said she “wasn’t crazy about dealing with the media” she interpreted that as “you’re saying I’m crazy for not wanting to deal with the media”, and you could see her attitude change after she wanted clarification. Even on Around the Horn none of them agreed with Naomi’s agent that the reporter was being a bully.

I’m confused about the Naomi Osaka press conference and why she got upset. Nothing seemed out of line to me unless I’m missing something. To me, when that reporter said she “wasn’t crazy about dealing with the media” she interpreted that as “you’re saying I’m crazy for not wanting to deal with the media”, and you could see her attitude change after she wanted clarification. Even on Around the Horn none of them agreed with Naomi’s agent that the reporter was being a bully.
I havent looked into it more than just reading an article, but the first thought I had was the phrase "you're not crazy" was deliberate. I could just be feeling sensitive to it, but I think a person who works with words professionally knows what they're possibly implying with using that phrase vs simply saying you're not wrong.

IMG_0731.PNG

The fact that Joe was like 5'5 scaring grown men bigger than him as an enforcer is crazy in hindsight. But when you watch those old crime films it's so damn believable

Back
Top Bottom