the thread about nothing...

189484550burger-fries-fast-food-animated-gif-1.gif

GreedyCapitalAmericanratsnake-size_restricted.gif

Bruh. My mom just pointed out most of the NFL teams are in the wackest cities. :lol: Kansas City? Cincinnati?? Green Bay, Wisconsin??? Who wants to go to Buffalo?? :lol: :lol:

Bruh. My mom just pointed out most of the NFL teams are in the wackest cities. :lol: Kansas City? Cincinnati?? Green Bay, Wisconsin??? Who wants to go to Buffalo?? :lol: :lol:

most? more like a handful.

Backstory is crazy.

if you think this was crazy, I dunno if you read that story about a millionaire of sorts that married a really beautiful woman but had an ugly child. the man asked for a paternity test to validate the child was indeed theirs, only to find out later that the woman had undergone an extreme cosmetic surgery years prior.

Forcing my nephew to watch the MLK speech on Fortnite before he gets to play the real thing.

He might not fully understand it right now, but hope he remembers it when he progresses further in school.

Witnessed a Taco Bell cantina employee throw hands with a customer and throw her out. (Both were women)

Dawg.. on some world star **** lmao

I frequently visited that mall starting in 1988 since I live just a mile and half down the street from it. It looked exactly like it did in the movie. The stores inside changed but that’s expected 6-7 years after filming. I went to the arcade with friends, saw movies at the cine-plex and bought several toys from Kay-Bee Toy store. Got my first pair of og Reebok Questions when I started high school too. Had a school friend who even worked there in 97/98 when we started hearing rumors that the mall would be shut down due to low attendance. I think it finally happened during our senior year of high school. I was devastated when they tore it down since I was thinking it would only be a slight remodel. It was torn down fully and looked nothing like the OG version but still managed to squeeze in some visits as a college student. I had plenty of friends who worked at the AMC theatre and Virgin record store inside. Free movies and music cd’s had me hanging out often, lol. Eventually I grew tired and haven’t been to this place since 2006. I have 80s and 90s memories of that place and I truly miss it.

I have knowledge of Sherman Oaks Galleria despite never setting foot in its original form all in retrospect because of bygone era movies filmed there, reading about it online, and the very few people like you elaborating on it.

Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Commando, and Terminator 2 gave me visuals of how it looked on film. I stumbled on pictures of the original form online too.

Peeps I knew and me grew up on the west side of L.A., so we mostly went to Fox Hills Mall. We also ventured out to Del Amo Mall in Torrance because it was bigger and way better. We basically didn't venture out to the Valley.

That's nice you lived near that mall. It's a formality unfortunately with stores changing in malls because not all of them will be viable. I read that locals didn't like that mall in its '80s heyday because it attracted outsiders, primarily teenagers. It's crazy how that mall opened in 1980 and was relevant that decade, then it declined during the next decade.

That mall worsened as the '90s progressed with it losing shoppers as you stated. The 1994 Northridge earthquake really expedited its demise because it caused a closure for a few months. It never recovered after reopening that year.

I actually passed by that mall on the freeway in 1996/1997 but didn't stop to visit it. Now I regret it. It still would have been nice for me to see it inside despite it already being in decline.

Yes, the renovation began in 1999 because I actually drove there one day because I finally decided to visit it. But the demolishing process already started when I arrived. I wish they maintained the original indoor mall form, albeit with different stores obviously. I still think it could have been done.

I can't believe you visited it during the early 2000s when it was renovated to the current awkward mixed-use setting.

I appreciate you sharing your experiences and stories about that mall. That's nice to know that Allen Iverson and his signature Reebok shoes were starting to crossover and appeal to all demographics and regions during his rookie season based on what you clarified.

Back
Top Bottom