the thread about nothing...

What's your nickname at work
Void (they pronounce it as ‘voit’ rather than the actual English pronunciation)

It’s been my nickname for about a decade, stemming from an edgy username I chose for online gaming. My first Xbox Gamertag was "Void of Hope", just the title of a song I liked at the time.
From there, the Void part kinda took off and most of my friends only refer to me as such, even their parents.
I generally don’t mind but it’s always pretty hard to explain when meeting new people, especially women. I introduce myself with my real name obviously but then everyone around me strictly refers to me as Void, so explaining it is unavoidable

It’s also not the most flattering as void means emptiness. :lol:
"Why does everyone call you Void?"
Me: It's just been my nickname for many years
"What does it mean?"
Me: Uhhh...emptiness.

lemme guess, Amy? :lol:
:lol:

Last edited:
I used to have a co-worker that would call me "baby", I believe that co-worker was into me. in all honesty, we are called by our first name. now there were incidents in the past where I was called by another co-workers name. and it reached the point of ridiculousness and annoyance considering I have been working there for years and this newcomer's name is what they have been calling me. I'm not after the popularity contest but atleast get it right when addressing someone you worked with for years. I would have understand and a bit lenient if that co-worker was more handsome than me but to mistook me for someone smaller and not even close to my facial feature over and over again has become more of an insult. it took a stern look from me and ignoring them completely that they finally got the message. nowadays, they made it sure that they got my name right and pretty much got to know my name. I guess they respond more to aggression than to someone submissive.

Had a coworker people used to call pizza face. Thought it was mean personally but she thought it was funny and was well liked so I guess it was all good
Now that's a nickname I would not appreciate in the slightest :lol:

With mine it's either an easy conversation starter when meeting new women or they end up thinking something must be wrong with me because everyone essentially calls me emptiness.

I used to have a co-worker that would call me "baby", I believe that co-worker was into me. in all honesty, we are called by our first name. now there were incidents in the past where I was called by another co-workers name. and it reached the point of ridiculousness and annoyance considering I have been working there for years and this newcomer's name is what they have been calling me. I'm not after the popularity contest but atleast get it right when addressing someone you worked with for years. I would have understand and a bit lenient if that co-worker was more handsome than me but to mistook me for someone smaller and not even close to my facial feature over and over again has become more of an insult. it took a stern look from me and ignoring them completely that they finally got the message. nowadays, they made it sure that they got my name right and pretty much got to know my name. I guess they respond more to aggression than to someone submissive.

we used to have a teacher back in highschool that looked exactly like......
53fdfbd5ccca9.preview-500.jpg

and we called him Homer.

I'ld be curious about the 3 ones, but if I had to choose one : GTA III, because it was the only one that was supposed to be the present when it was released while SA was in the nineties and VC in the eighties. And it's also the GTA that put me in GTA in general. And the oldest one, so a remastered is a must have. I wonder what it could have been if they took those 3 GTA & the 2 from PSP + Chinatown Wars in order to put all these games in only one game with a giant map and new missions as all old games were in different timelines.

I'ld be curious about the 3 ones, but if I had to choose one : GTA III, because it was the only one that was supposed to be the present when it was released while SA was in the nineties and VC in the eighties. And it's also the GTA that put me in GTA in general. And the oldest one, so a remastered is a must have. I wonder what it could have been if they took those 3 GTA & the 2 from PSP + Chinatown Wars in order to put all these games in only one game with a giant map and new missions as all old games were in different timelines.
Vice City will always have a special place in my heart. although I wasn't able to play it that much nor well, it was basically the time when I was wandering around like the character in the game, looking for a job, meeting up random girls, traveling all over the place. it was the time when I felt I was completely alone and trying to figure out my life.

speaking of nicknames, my homies and I have certain nicks that we gave to each other. one we call Pastor, not because he is a pastor but because he became a religious dude. another one we call Sexynald (Reginald his real name), which stuck to him eversince from way back only because we made fun of editing his face into nude pictures of women. another friend we called Big Papi. we have somebody we called RoboCop.

as far as workplace monicker is concerned, there are a few that they called themselves funny names according to their doppelganger, mannerisms and personalities. I don't have one at work that I'm aware of but got called by someone else's name.

Back
Top Bottom