the thread about nothing...

No. I didnt purchase anything. Brought 5 kicks. Sold 2. Traded 1. What's in the pic was trade bait.

Check out sneakercon IG. They're always traveling across the us doing these events.

I've remember going to one called WhatShoeWant expo in Carson Ca and it wasn't the biggest but one of the best I've been to. Sold a lot of heat there...
Yeah I follow them, they actually did a SneakerCon in Dallas back in June. Don't know the last time they were in Houston(if ever).

We got Houston Sneaker Summit in December, might slide through for that.

Yeah I follow them, they actually did a SneakerCon in Dallas back in June. Don't know the last time they were in Houston(if ever).

We got Houston Sneaker Summit in December, might slide through for that.
Who is hosting it? What's their ig? Hows the weather during that time of the year? Sounds like a nice getaway trip for me.

been a while since i last baked banana bread. might have to bake some more once my shift ends.

i'll probably make cookies too but it depends on how much chocolate chip i still have left

Love banana bread! That one and peanut butter bread, not sure if you recall getting that in elementary school. I used to finish mine quick and raise my hand for seconds if one popped up.

Who is hosting it? What's their ig? Hows the weather during that time of the year? Sounds like a nice getaway trip for me.
I guess SneakerSummit is hosting...it's been around since I was in HS I think, maybe even longer.
IG is SneakerSummit.
It can get cold, but nothing severe. Depending on where you're from, winters are pretty mild here in Houston.

Green hatch chili bacon burger/chicken sandwich from Whataburger is delicious. Probably the best thing I've ever had from there. Had the chicken yesterday and had to come back for another today.

A character in Insecure was wearing an actual sorority jacket and a lot of the real members took offense to it. I never thought about that aspect of it. Most movies use fake organizations. I think it's kinda lame to care that much if you know it's obviously playing a character. Especially if the show isn't portraying the organization disrespectfully.

Have a friend , who has been my friend for about 15 years now . Since I’ve known him he has had 1 job for like a year … super super good dude , always has had my back , my whole life .

Aside from him being a super good dude , he’s a habitual liar . I’m not exaggerating , he literally is . So much so if he says it’s a death in his family we question it. That’s literally how bad it is .

I’ve put money in his pockets multiple times. When I had a lounge , put him on and let him throw parties . When he wanted to be a rapper I literally paid for 90% of his studio time .

it was 3 of us that were close , he always asks us for money “loans” that have never got paid back. It’s always small amounts , nothing too crazy . So him not paying it back isn’t a huge issue . But he would do stuff like ask for money say it’s for a kid and then buy 2K . **** like that .

fast forward to now , he’s in dialysis due his kidneys from diabetes . I check on him , shoot him random text , etc. but I never hear from him really except when he asking for a loan

today he said he needs some money for his daughter daycare (has 2.5 kids) .

im torn because he the homie and I know now he’s sick and part of me feels like I gotta help but then on the other hand , the dude only hits up first when he needs something but on the other hand again lol I know he going through his own **** .

but even before dialysis and we knew he was sick he was only hittting up when he needed something

Damn … I did not plan on that being that long 😂😂😂😂

cliffs :

childhood friend has always asked for **** and lied , now he’s sick , I rarely hear from him and he’s still asking for **** and I Feel obligated

Have a friend , who has been my friend for about 15 years now . Since I’ve known him he has had 1 job for like a year … super super good dude , always has had my back , my whole life .

Aside from him being a super good dude , he’s a habitual liar . I’m not exaggerating , he literally is . So much so if he says it’s a death in his family we question it. That’s literally how bad it is .

I’ve put money in his pockets multiple times. When I had a lounge , put him on and let him throw parties . When he wanted to be a rapper I literally paid for 90% of his studio time .

it was 3 of us that were close , he always asks us for money “loans” that have never got paid back. It’s always small amounts , nothing too crazy . So him not paying it back isn’t a huge issue . But he would do stuff like ask for money say it’s for a kid and then buy 2K . **** like that .

fast forward to now , he’s in dialysis due his kidneys from diabetes . I check on him , shoot him random text , etc. but I never hear from him really except when he asking for a loan

im torn because he the homie and I know now he’s sick and part of me feels like I gotta help but then on the other hand , the dude only hits up first when he needs something but on the other hand again lol I know he going through his own **** .

but even before dialysis and we knew he was sick he was only hittting up when he needed something
How does he have 2.5 kids
If you help him, pay the daycare directly.
Maybe mention that you've noticed that he only reaches out when he needs something and you feel like that's not right.

A character in Insecure was wearing an actual sorority jacket and a lot of the real members took offense to it. I never thought about that aspect of it. Most movies use fake organizations. I think it's kinda lame to care that much if you know it's obviously playing a character. Especially if the show isn't portraying the organization disrespectfully.
dunno much about that but it does quite feel disrespectful if someone not belonging to your organization nor alma mater wears something that is not earned easily or misused as a mere prop. I guess those jackets meant a lot of sentimental value and took a lot of hardwork for someone to don them. call it some sort of a "stolen valor" if anyone knows that.

that's the point I couldn't understand. like some people just hit you up when they needed something and go back under a rock after that. even if they are your close friends, they just couldn't say hello to you nor have the time to even chat or speak for a minute about how you are doing or about you. it also happened to me and I got burned by being too generous. I also feel bad for other people with legit excuses since they are caught by other people's deception. it makes it harder to trust other people now when it comes to money. I remember years ago that a close friend of mine asked me for a loan. now he was not the typical guy that would beg nor ask for money but he was really desperate so he just manned up and built the confidence to ask for help. unfortunately, my help came quite late. I didn't know his reason for the loan during that time because he was just quite ashamed or proud of telling me what it was for and also the timing was really bad like I was on a financial crisis at that time. another friend of mine asked for a loan a few months before that which I really didn't like since I felt like an ATM as well. so some doubts were beginning to build up with these friends' asking for a loan. but for some reason, I felt like calling and inquired about his reason behind the loan and learned that it was for his NICU daughter. turns out he and his wife were stretched for months just to keep their daughter alive and I just came up as a last resort and he took some chance. unfortunately, my help came a month too late as after a week I sent the loan, her daughter didn't make it. if I had helped sooner, atleast I could have given their daughter a chance to live.

it's a sensitive matter til now, and I always try to avoid bringing up conversations regarding children as it does break him because of what happened. hopefully, he is already emotionally healed about it.

dunno much about that but it does quite feel disrespectful if someone not belonging to your organization nor alma mater wears something that is not earned easily or misused as a mere prop. I guess those jackets meant a lot of sentimental value and took a lot of hardwork for someone to don them. call it some sort of a "stolen valor" if anyone knows that.
I'm a veteran and very familiar with the term. Idk if other military members get upset when they see high rank portrayed in movies. I was closely associated with Greek life at one point and yes, some people do go through a lot to get in, there's no right or wrong answer if they anger is merited tho. Just like anything else someone gets offended by.

I'm a veteran and very familiar with the term. Idk if other military members get upset when they see high rank portrayed in movies. I was closely associated with Greek life at one point and yes, some people do go through a lot to get in, there's no right or wrong answer if they anger is merited tho. Just like anything else someone gets offended by.
I guess it also about the intent or purpose of donning the uniform. in movies for example, it relates on the life of a soldier or portrayal. be it a historical documentary, events or circumstances that revolves around it. in public, it is more frowned upon because of the intent of deception or use as a decoration or a casual wear. also, as far as the jacket goes with that organization, I would think the identifier is quite taboo or the members want their sorority private. speaking of using actual existing identifiers, I read that the phone number used in squid game actually exist. funny part is people actually were phoning the number and somehow pranking the owner by calling that they want to enter the game. so I guess that's one thing they want to avoid. :lol: :lol: :lol:

How does he have 2.5 kids
If you help him, pay the daycare directly.
Maybe mention that you've noticed that he only reaches out when he needs something and you feel like that's not right.

his first child’s mother had a kid already that was basically a baby when they start dating .Hes not with her anymore but he still at least calls her his daughter also

For some reason there's a Master Chief mask outside my apartment building.
20211025_142541.jpg

My boy paid $250 for this whole outfit.
Said he was gonna wear it every year.
Wore it once, gained weight, never wore it again 😂
The next year he was the dancing Kia hamster 🤣🤣

speaking of movies, interesting thing Gene
My boy paid $250 for this whole outfit.
Said he was gonna wear it every year.
Wore it once, gained weight, never wore it again 😂
The next year he was the dancing Kia hamster 🤣🤣
that's why I buy costumes that are below $50. before Corona hit, I use to order some good quality halloween costumes on AliExpress. not like those garbage quality costumes they sell here around $50 and over.

Same energy

First off, I think you a legit friend that is always willing to help others in need. Whether or not you can smell their BS. That being said, if you feel the leading to help then do so. But like what was said above, maybe consider paying the daycare directly. If he refuses, then I would find his request skeptical, based on all your past experiences.

Same energy

Lol "you lucky I'm not on campus" boys must think those Greek letters give them superpowers. Just bc you think he wrong for repping the frat doesn't mean he doesn't know how to fight. Is it that serious. I think that's a 21 Savage line, l wonder if he messaged him about it🤔
Edit, the pic is from 2018 and it's still up :lol:

Back
Top Bottom