the thread about nothing...

giphy.gif
Pho-tastic.

If a grown person refers to a job application as an app to either try to sound cool or for abbreviation purposes, then that person is a loser, failure, and f up in life. That person is just plain stupid for that.

There is no justification to refer to a job application as an app because they are two totally different things. Apps will always be programs found on smartphones and computers the last time I checked.
what the hell is an App?

For some this may be a valid point, but my brother, I assure you that anything I sell will be acurately listed, which is probably why I get se amoyed by it.
sounds like lowballers. have you tried posting something like "lowballers will be ignored"? or "no lowballing"?

anyway, if someone did that to me in a done deal, I would just do this and it's all over.
the-rock-face.gif

sounds like lowballers. have you tried posting something like "lowballers will be ignored"? or "no lowballing"?

anyway, if someone did that to me in a done deal, I would just do this and it's all over.
the-rock-face.gif
Exactly what I started doing. Either that or grabbing my stuff and getting ready to walk away.

To follow up on sooperhooper sooperhooper 's deleted post. I can't really pinpoint it on race, but I hate when that happens as well. Sold my Xbox and old TV earlier this year on OfferUp/FB Marketplace(unknowingly) and both times he decided to hand me the cash with $20 less than the agreed upon price. The 2nd time I had to chase him down the driveway before he drove up. I already drop the asking price for him as well. :smh:
that is even worse. you should have bumped the price once he pulled up that stunt. or no sale at all.

People have been referring to applications as apps since at least the 90s when I was 16 and applying for jobs and I'm sure it's been going on for decades before that. Not a big deal to me.

Oh ok. I don't understand this site sometimes. If something THAT vague can get deleted, then you can find something wrong with half the posts on here.
I think someone very sensitive got their feelings hurt and reported that post. I agree, those kinds of statement should not be taken too seriously. damn, is NT becoming a part of the "woke" gen?

Last edited:
People have been referring to applications as apps since at least the 90s when I was 16 and applying for jobs and I'm sure it's been going on for decades before that. Not a big deal to me.
sorry, haven't heard application forms being called like that. and it's been decades since I made my first application. for me, I wouldn't hire a person just for saying that. it shows characteristics of being lazy or uninterested.

To follow up on sooperhooper sooperhooper 's deleted post. I can't really pinpoint it on race, but I hate when that happens as well. Sold my Xbox and old TV earlier this year on OfferUp/FB Marketplace(unknowingly) and both times he decided to hand me the cash with $20 less than the agreed upon price. The 2nd time I had to chase him down the driveway before he drove up. I already drop the asking price for him as well. :smh:
Nah if someone shows up with less than my agreed upon price, he can go to an ATM and try again or the deal's off.
Lowballers and last minute hagglers are not something I can accept.

He had the money, but going off his OfferUp account...he's a reseller himself.

He comes into my job every once in a while and always complains about the prices of clothes as well. I don't think $10 or $6 for a decent jacket or shirt is too much to ask for.

He had the money, but going off his OfferUp account...he's a reseller himself.

He comes into my job every once in a while and always complains about the prices of clothes as well. I don't think $10 or $6 for a decent jacket or shirt is too much to ask for.
from what I read, guy is a freakin parasite.

I dig when people, especially people of a older demographic find some new and interesting app, like Tik Tok, but then my amusement turns to annoyance/anger when every five minutes they’re shoving a phone in your face to show some damn video, at the highest possible volume.

Trying to find a pair of these ****ing CG's in a decent shape and every ****ing time I think I find one, they get bought the f up.. meanwhile alllll the other ones I'm watching are still available.. I feel like someone is ****ing with me. Im so ****ing annoyed. Ruins the release.

Back
Top Bottom