the thread about nothing...

Chicken and waffle pizza

8FCD317A-59A9-4F09-BABE-094EE6BBDCD1.jpeg

It was like that where I used to stay. New home is better, but still next to a sketchy area.

But more of a "suburb" than urban if that makes sense. Not as high traffic.

na. used to but he passed away due to old age.

thinking about buying my parents a fingerprint sensor door lock for their bed room just in case anything bad does happen while theyre sleeping

that's a good idea, it's not like they have to use it all the time.

my mom sent me pics of a dude walking through her yard and looking in the door but then I noticed he was carrying a bunch of pizza. I think he was just lost and she didn't hear him knock so he went around back to check. :lol:

seriously, I would call that person dumb. rule of thumb, don't abbreviate. you can speak, might as well use it's full potential.

sorry, haven't heard application forms being called like that. and it's been decades since I made my first application. for me, I wouldn't hire a person just for saying that. it shows characteristics of being lazy or uninterested.

All good points here!

I don't know why some people think it's a stigma to speak proper. Ignorant ones even label them as sellouts or "sounding White". What's wrong with speaking proper, especially in particular situations or settings? It's only a problem when someone is contrived with it to the point they sound so fake with it.

I have a close friend who can talk both ways, slang and proper, sometimes within the same conversation. And he used to live in a Rollin' 60s neighborhood, actually a little east of Nipsey Hussle's territory.

I heard application forms being called that in the late 2000s. One day in 2009 I was in a store of a former associate who was the store manager, and some kids came in asking, "Y'all got an app?", he told them he didn't have any. He acknowledged he would never hire anyone who used that abbreviation to refer to applications after they walked out.

It also shows characteristics of being stupid in addition to lazy or uninterested.

I went to a place to inquire about a job in August 2019, and some loser employee who was old enough to be middle age based on the white in his hair and mustache actually used that abbreviation. That guy is a failure in life. It's already bad when kids use that abbreviation, but it's understandable due to their immaturity. But it's unacceptable for anyone way past 18.

Seeing the recent outbreaks of Covid in the NBA/NFL...sucks that we're still going through this.

I don't really keep up with it, but thought we'd be getting through this by now due to the vaccine.

True. But met a ton of people who haven't gotten one...never really got into it with why though.

It's free, so why not?

My neighborhood over the past few years have become suspicious man

From hearing gun shots at 5 am in the morning to now someone on my porch in a hoodie looking through the windows

Smh
damn, that is something to be worried about. too bad your neighborhood is turning that way. I grew up in quite a scary neighborhood so that's why it took me awhile to adjust. I was always guarded and suspicious most of the time. not to mention my family was a victim of scary robberies (twice) at gunpoint and 2 more (with physical altercation). due to that, I got fascinated with guns. I hated revolvers but other pistols are nice for me especially Colts and Berettas. uzis and ar-15 were the goods back then. when I became an adult and moved to another place for work, my employer wondered why I always lock my doors. I moved to a place where people don't lock their doors. I explained to him that I grew up in a bad neighborhood. so when I have adjusted, my entire outlook on safety has changed in a peaceful, non-violent way. it also changed my whole demeanor. from a tough, scary looking, provocative person to having a domineering mistress.

True. But met a ton of people who haven't gotten one...never really got into it with why though.

It's free, so why not?
as blue mamba mentioned, I wouldn't look into the reasons as well since most of the reasons are b.s. and stupid. also, I don't care anymore since my whole family is about to get fully vaccinated now. so if they die because they believe they value their opinion more than facts, then let them. they'd be giving us a favor of decreasing the population of idiots.

Back
Top Bottom