the thread about nothing...

Sorry to hear man. Were you showing any symptoms?
A slight cough and a runny nose, got tested yesterday and it came back negative but the more thorough test results came in today and I was just notified. Had the next 11 days off from work for the holiday but now I can't do ****. I do appear to be past the worst of the symptoms though I didn't experience anything else

Live from Ross....😂
0F4D20B1-8496-4012-85FC-E2FAC400BCDB.jpeg

Always wondered how muslims and others felt when Christmas rolled around and was all in their face
Idk about others but you'd be surprised how many Muslims celebrate Christmas, me & my family being amongst those that celebrate lol. Growing up I'd always feel left out when Xmas came around. We didn't do the lights, get excited about festivities during the month of December, Santa was the bearded equivalent of Satan lol. When I started working, I'd participate in Secret Santa at my jobs...when in Rome do as the Romans do 🤷‍♂️. When my brother married his wife(her family always celebrated) she put up a tree in their apt. My parents didn't like it as they're traditional folks but it didn't matter since it's not their home. My mom(Allah rest her soul) used to get so mad at us when we'd exchange gifts 🤣 she would say we don't show such excitement & enthusiasm when Ramadan or Eid rolled around as we did with Christmas. I think that's because when you're denied something you craved & wanted for so long by default you're going to light up when you finally are able to get it. We all grew up in America, in American schools with American friends in American society so it's almost impossible not to endulge in American culture & ways. My younger brother married a Dominican. She converted to Islam but she's STILL Dominican & that means Christmas will always be a part of her & through extension my brothers as her husband. I see it as a blend of cultures/backgrounds coming together & truly is there anything more beautiful than that? I absolutely love & embrace my American side & will always be Islamically rooted. It's all in the mindset if you want to stay oldfashioned or get with the times, be inclusive of other cultures & ideas. Besides, we only celebrate the commmercialized side of Christmas not the religious & dare I say real side of it. Halloween is another slippery slope for Muslims but that's a story for another day :lol:

Wow, JD Sports is really bout it Niketalk. They sent me a $20 gift card for not being able to deliver my shoes on time before Christmas. Something they really didn’t have to do cause it’s not that serious. Amazing gesture that’s rarely seen in any company. Thank you JD Sports. You guys really did not have to do that! The fact that they went this far makes me want to donate it to a charity. Never saw this coming, Never been treated with this type of customer service. 🙏

AA552213-7C5D-4EEC-A357-E49C29DACC8F.jpeg

Wow, JD Sports is really bout it Niketalk. They sent me a $20 gift card for not being able to deliver my shoes on time before Christmas. Something they really didn’t have to do cause it’s not that serious. Amazing gesture that’s rarely seen in any company. Thank you JD Sports. You guys really did not have to do that! The fact that they went this far makes me want to donate it to a charity. Never saw this coming. 🙏
AA552213-7C5D-4EEC-A357-E49C29DACC8F.jpeg
Yea, I feel like I need to start building up my Finishline/JD account & put flx to the side. I'm barley even getting waitlisted these days.

Back
Top Bottom