the thread about nothing...

ahji9tgornn81.jpg

Some guy tried to walk out of the Ralphs I frequent with two cases of Modelo beer on Monday evening.

Another customer made a scene by yelling at him and drawing attention to it as he was walking out with them.

The customer actually followed the thief to the parking lot and was able to retrieve the two cases from him and walked back in the market and handed them to an employee. The employee put them back on the shelf immediately.

That was quite bold of that customer to confront the thief when the beer doesn't belong to him and wouldn't know if the thief could have a weapon on him. That was a good deed despite him taking a serious risk.

I agree with the logic that if you're going to steal, make sure it's worth it. I get that some people consume alcohol for relief or to get by for the day, but I feel it's more understandable to steal food from a market if you're that desperate because food in your stomach is more vital than drinking alcohol that you'll eventually piss out.

I think it's better to steal food to eat for survival than steal alcohol just to get drunk for temporary relief if you're that desperate in your life.

Of course it’s smarter to steal food if you’re desperate, but it’s not decision-making that someone that steals is always focused on.

From working at Target in college 2012-13, they had four undercover shoppers at all times doing laps throughout the store; all employees are trained not to stop first-time shoplifters if it’s noticed, if they get outside the store. Facial recognition identifies them after the theft on video, then future times they’re in the store it identifies them as they walk in.

Personally I think it's dumb.

I'd never put my life and well-being on the line for a business that has nothing to do with me.

I agree it was all simultaneously brave, honorable and dumb on that guy's part because he basically put his safety at stake once he made the decision to confront the thief. And that market sure as hell didn't reward him for retrieving those two cases of beer!

Now if an off-duty po-po saw a thief walking out with something, then I can understand that one because they have a badge and a gun and have been thoroughly trained to defend themselves. Their job is to enforce the law at all times.

Of course it’s smarter to steal food if you’re desperate, but it’s not decision-making that someone that steals is always focused on.

From working at Target in college 2012-13, they had four undercover shoppers at all times doing laps throughout the store; all employees are trained not to stop first-time shoplifters if it’s noticed, if they get outside the store. Facial recognition identifies them after the theft on video, then future times they’re in the store it identifies them as they walk in.

Seriously though, they sure don't focus on decision-making because thieves focus on stealing material goods that are highly monitored a majority of the time. That's why they get caught a lot with that type of merchandise.

If you're desperate or just want to save money and know there's a way to get over in a particular establishment, it's better to take a necessity item or an item that will be usable for a long time because those items are less scrutinized. But there are still a few essential items that are scrutinized realistically.

Speaking of Target, some of them where there's a high amount of homeless people around have either undergarments, socks or packs of t-shirts in security cases. One location that I've been to had all those items in security cases.

First time in my life I've ever been jealous of any one or anything. Took my mom some left over BBQ today that I made last night. She had me help put the progressive app on her new phone. She only paying $37 a month for her 2014 Honda pilot 😮😮. I don't even think Flo getting them prices.

Back
Top Bottom