the thread about nothing...

I know this ain’t the music thread but I ain’t been in there in years. Question:

What’s the appeal of Tyler the creator?

I understand he’s successful, so it prob just not my cup of tea, but make me understand why you listen to or like his music.

He’s complete trash to me. It’s like he thinks he’s cool because he’s vulgar and he’s made a career out of being vulgar, instead of a clever musician. Lyrics trash to me. The “raw/gritty” style that someone explained to me as appealing, is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Hip hop and rap is pretty much all I listen to, but I can’t sit through a Tyler song or full verse even. I don’t consider myself a closed minded person, so please be kind and can someone just explain a song you like and why you like it? Beat, flow, lyric topic, creativity, personal meaning to you, just anything to help me understand. Thanks in advance, and I really do come in peace.

I know this ain’t the music thread but I ain’t been in there in years. Question:

I understand he’s successful, so it prob just not my cup of tea, but make me understand why you listen to or like his music.

He’s complete trash to me. It’s like he thinks he’s cool because he’s vulgar and he’s made a career out of being vulgar, instead of a clever musician. Lyrics trash to me. The “raw/gritty” style that someone explained to me as appealing, is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Hip hop and rap is pretty much all I listen to, but I can’t sit through a Tyler song or full verse even. I don’t consider myself a closed minded person, so please be kind and can someone just explain a song you like and why you like it? Beat, flow, lyric topic, creativity, personal meaning to you, just anything to help me understand. Thanks in advance, and I really do come in peace.

was never a big fan of his until his most recent album.

probably my favorite song(s) of 2021

far from the stuff he started off with imo. he produced the songs and everything.

The dude's music really evolved over the years

Never liked Tyler the creator's music from the start. Dude was trying too hard to be edge lord and the wannabe next Eminem except he wasn't as good lyrically and his production was lackluster for me.

I actually knew him back on the hypebeast forums before he blew up. He would always promote his music in the music thread and a a few members messed with his music.

I remember he had beef with 2dopeboyz bc they refused to give him any attention lol. This was like back in 2012 or something.

I hear his music is a lot better now but I never gave it a chance. Might have to

I coulda went to see Tyler for the 3rd time last month but naw. I kinda don't like
big arena show but it's crazy he went from performing at a small venue to a big
venue to a bigger venue the times he was here.

You Probably Would Enjoy His Last Three Efforts: Flower Boy, IGOR, and Call Me If You Get Lost.

It's A Pretty Night And Day Difference From His Earlier Shock Raps.

Finally got another authentic Born Again hoodie. In recent years my clothing pickups have been leaning heavily toward black and darker, muted colors like earth tones and all, so this color is a nice change of pace. With this I want to say I'm done with CPFM but who knows? If I get lucky enough to catch a drop on their site I'd probably buy something again albeit for retail for once.
20220314_163407.jpg

I’m not familiar with his work but you’ve articulated your case fairly it seems.

Based on what I’ve seen on here, you seem to have good taste in various things.

I’ve always thought you had a really cool looking avy. 🔥

In the name of ‘freedom and democracy’ — a cynical code for shock and awe, the US and its allies invaded Iraq in 1990 and the Gulf War (1990-91) cost the lives of an estimated 3,664 Iraqi civilians. Actually, let us just take a moment to go through the list. This may take a few moments: Mogadishu (1993) cost 315 lives, Bosnia (1992-95) 38,246, Croatia (1991-95) 12,513, Haiti (1994-95) 301, Kosovo (1998-99) 13,548, Afghanistan (2001-21) 46,319 civilian lives, drone strikes in Yemen (2002-present) 225, Iraq (2003-11) — wait for it — 1,033,000, drone strikes in Pakistan 965, Somalia (2007-present) 113, Libya (2011) 72, the Iraq intervention (2014-21) about 34,000, the Syria intervention (2014-present) 9,947, and an unknown number of civilian casualties in the 2015-19 Libyan intervention. Unopposed, as the world’s only superpower, US interventionism caused in excess of 1,193,228 innocent human lives between 1990 and now. Take a moment to think about that.

What was it about this "spring forward" that caused this? :lol: I know it was probably in the works before this, but this has blown up.

I mean you can literally say this about any artist nowadays. You just dont like him as an artist, nothing wrong with that. I dont like Lil Baby at all and people love him. Personally I cant stand his voice, dont care how “hard” or “real” his lyrics are.

Back
Top Bottom