the thread about nothing...

Today is a big day for school kids here - exam results day. Our system is a bit different, you do 2 sets of exams, one at about 16, then one at 17 - your junior year of HS I suppose. You do more at the first set, then they get more advanced so you drop some classes and people do up to 5 subjects. Those are the grades that you basically get into college with.

My middle kid is away with my wife visiting family - so he got his results by text message at 3am! He's had a tough couple of years like everyone, bombed a couple of the practice exams they did earlier in the year but then told us he was getting his act together but it's hard to tell.

Today - all top grades. Couldn't have done any better.

Just wanted to tell someone as I won't see them for a couple more days. My kid can be an astronaut if he wants!

e3b3cc26-541a-4305-bb47-a9aff6210b3a-1.jpg

Was listening to the le batard show today and they had a segment on top five foods that smell great but disappoint. Sizzling fajitas was one of them. Lol.

Helped my uncle clean out his house because he’s selling it. He had a bunch of old Jordan posters from the 80’s and 90’s he kept. I snagged this one.
24482125-ADD7-4FBF-B257-634708EE7F35.jpeg
I had that in my room! The corners were in tatters last I saw it.

I’m Old.

And people say I shouldn't tense up if I saw that plane in my rear view mirror..
Don’t hesitate, step on it and hit the nearest exit, sit and reflect. In that order.

This always freaked me out. Used to take this street everyday to and from work at our old office. It’s a small airport for small planes, but still. Was always scared one day someone would miscalculate their landing or something.
It’s something that would be on my mind as well. Very possible 💯💯💯

Back
Top Bottom