the thread about nothing...

Times Square (1992)
b1obmol1o6691.jpg

Apparently, parents deemed it to offensive, not kid friendly, as well as a bit sexual. Even McD’s was upset.
it was indeed dark compared to Batman 89. even I was shocked having watched it the first time like wth? other than that, it was still a good batman movie.

Apparently, parents deemed it too offensive, not kid friendly, as well as a bit sexual. Even McD’s was upset.
That sucks. I didn’t notice much of a difference in the tone or visuals.

On another note, getting some lunch and see this. Please drive safely folks....
558760F8-751B-4159-AA2A-138F35984020.jpeg

And just as I’m posting this right now.....Another accident right in front of me. I’m not kidding! 😳

Last edited:
I’m not making this up. Frankie Knuckles and a few other trailblazers in house music we’re openly gay and participated in drag shows. The Warehouse started off as a members only gay club. And the genre itself is a anti-disco response and allowed people to freely express themselves which is why early house tracks are so positive in their lyrics

I’m not making this up. Frankie Knuckles and a few other trailblazers in house music we’re openly gay and participated in drag shows. The Warehouse started off as a members only gay club. And the genre itself is a anti-disco response and allowed people to freely express themselves which is why early house tracks are so positive in their lyrics

You speak no lies.

George Washington Carver was Gay too.

You might have a hard time getting "Peanut butter has black and queer origins" to slide without friction, even though you're factually correct...IJS

The thing for most Black folks is reciprocity. The LGBTQ community is mostly white so that's basically what it is.

Wasn't a whole lot of gay white folks reppin' for Knuckles or Carver or Bayard Rustin etc...

Being queer couldn't save them from being black even amongst white queer folks.

You speak no lies.

George Washington Carver was Gay too.

You might have a hard time getting "Peanut butter has black and queer origins" to slide without friction, even though you're factually correct...IJS

The thing for most Black folks is reciprocity. The LGBTQ community is mostly white so that's basically what it is.

Wasn't a whole lot of gay white folks reppin' for Knuckles or Carver or Bayard Rustin etc...

Being queer couldn't save them from being black even amongst white queer folks.
Yea, over the years whenever ppl here talk about the history of Chicago "House" music the Black & Queer communities are always referenced. Folks here from the 70's-90's may not know all the DJ's or the music, but will generally know it started in the black and queer communities.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom