the thread about nothing...

Just the typical run you into the ground you’re replaceable boss. He pissed me off and I walked off the job.
I’ve been there. Even my own father pulled that **** on me once....a month passed and he was asking my bro if I’d come back. He was on some “I hired workers, not a boss” but all I was doing was making sure his customers weren’t dissatisfied and kept his name in good standing order. That’s the thanks I got, smh.

older people don’t get it man. They just are used to the old ways.

I went back to my old job working for a friends dads paving company. The dad was always cool, nice enough and I like him but since he retired and the kids are in charge they are making sure we all are doing exactly what we want to do so we’re happy and not working too much or too little.

The best boomer moment my old boss had was when he told my good friend

“adhd isn’t real.”

My boy responds with;

“Your pacemaker isn’t real then KEVIN!”

:rofl:

Last edited:
I’ve been there. Even my own father pulled that **** on me once....a month passed and he was asking my bro if I’d come back. He was on some “I hired workers, not a boss” but all I was doing was making sure his customers weren’t dissatisfied and kept his name in good standing order. That’s the thanks I got, smh.
we have to realize that most of us are just cannon fodders in our jobs. the only ones that seems to be having some fun time of their lives are the higher ups. it pisses me that they could skip work and do their personal business while getting paid while we have to stay and deal with the crap that they are suppose to be handling.

the only ones that seems to be having some fun time of their lives are the higher ups. it pisses me that they could skip work and do their personal business while getting paid while we have to stay and deal with the crap that they are suppose to be handling.
This is exactly what went on with my pops. He thought he could cross that boundary because he was my dad and I couldn’t have the right to complain because he was my dad. Dude would show up at noon or later, bark orders and try to pile on more work before leaving again. I tried to tell him he needed to be more present at work because the customers were telling me “oh, so your dad just lands the job and makes you two do everything, huh?” We did too many jobs like that and I just had enough because we were overworked and there simply wasn’t enough money/time for him to play Mr. I’m too important.

didnt eat before the bbq, i asked the friend whos house it is if they needed me to bring anything besides liquor. So we picked up her friend and once we got there shes like refusing to eat cause she didnt bring anything. so then forced us to leave and go get food.

only a woman can convince themselves to leave a bbq to go get food, and then throw attitude at me cause we didnt leave fast enough.
Time to put your foot down

yd3ofxnnzgab1.jpg

This is exactly what went on with my pops. He thought he could cross that boundary because he was my dad and I couldn’t have the right to complain because he was my dad. Dude would show up at noon or later, bark orders and try to pile on more work before leaving again. I tried to tell him he needed to be more present at work because the customers were telling me “oh, so your dad just lands the job and makes you two do everything, huh?” We did too many jobs like that and I just had enough because we were overworked and there simply wasn’t enough money/time for him to play Mr. I’m too important.
seems like you didn't have a good relationship with your father. my father had his own company back then and wanted us to inherit the business til we have to change course in our lives and went our separate ways. our father was supportive and tried to teach us the ropes and does his share of the hardwork inspite of having employees and us to run around. he was needed since he was the contact and deals with the people inside while we were the muscles. not that he didn't do his time doing the dirty work but there is a reason why he got up there. miss him though even if we didn't have the perfect relationship, he did his job as a father and a boss to the best of his abilities. supportive guy and always there. somehow I wish our higher ups have backbones on dealing with issues as that is what their role should be and not leave us headless.

sneeker sneeker wow bro, your dad seems pretty cool. He acted like what I imagined all fathers would be like with their kids. I’m super jelly. Mine was the opposite in that he looked at his children as something to take advantage of and use them. My mother always criticized him about it and he’d pull that “My father was worse. They’re lucky I’m not like him” card. I no longer work with him in any capacity despite being in the same work trade and he knows now not to ask me about that subject.

Back
Top Bottom