the thread about nothing...

IF they were to let kids get food it would have to be a designated and supervised pick spot that they could ONLY go to at designated lunch times. But there is SO MUCH MORE to worry about in school than kids getting Doordash.
My wife's school allows kids to order DoorDash from approved restaurants (No McDonald's or TB), and they have to drop the food off at the main office. Not a big deal at all.

When i used to do postmates it sent me to a few high schools. Kids just came out to get it real quick. Didnt seem like a big deal
My wife used to do deliveries during lunch hours and would be sent to schools all the time. Some for students, some for teachers.

Honestly never thought about the logistics of the whole thing. Easy no, pack, buy, or pick up a lunch in my mind. Not letting randoms into a school any longer for any reason. And I dare you to say anything about your ****ing freedoms.

IF they were to let kids get food it would have to be a designated and supervised pick spot that they could ONLY go to at designated lunch times. But there is SO MUCH MORE to worry about in school than kids getting Doordash.

The issue with this is there is no guarantee of the food getting there in time.

To do so, the students would have to order the food DURING their previous class and I don't think that would be fair to that period's teacher.

But also, what happens if the food is delivered outside of the Lunch Period?
Will the school get to keep the food?
Does the child get the right to leave class to go eat their food? (That they paid for?)

There are many reasons why it shouldn't be done.

My wife's school allows kids to order DoorDash from approved restaurants (No McDonald's or TB), and they have to drop the food off at the main office. Not a big deal at all.

Is this a Public or Private school?

Also, what happens when food is delivered after lunch is over?

That is a very unique situation they have there.

To do so, the students would have to order the food DURING their previous class and I don't think that would be fair to that period's teacher.

Does the child get the right to leave class to go eat their food? (That they paid for?)

There are many reasons why it shouldn't be done.

THIS X1000.

Or the kids who are going to order food outside of the time anyways. Anyone who has worked in a school knows this is a bigger headache than it's worth.

Its a pointless task to handoff to office staff who are already managing phone calls, handling paperwork, contacting parents, dealing with attendance etc. We can't even get teachers into classrooms and people like that mother want adults to watch her kids food.

THIS X1000.

Or the kids who are going to order food outside of the time anyways. Anyone who has worked in a school knows this is a bigger headache than it's worth.

Yep. You just open yourself up to SO many situations where kids are finding loopholes.

"If I can order food from 11:30 - 12:45, why CAN'T I also order it for breakfast, after school or hell during the middle of class."

They can always use the, "I was hungry, so I couldn't get my work done" card and I am sure some Social Worker / Counselor would indirectly justify/co-sign that logic.

Nah man.

Yep. You just open yourself up to SO many situations where kids are finding loopholes.

"If I can order food from 11:30 - 12:45, why CAN'T I also order it for breakfast, after school or hell during the middle of class."

They can always use the, "I was hungry, so I couldn't get my work done" card and I am sure some Social Worker / Counselor would indirectly justify/co-sign that logic.

Nah man.

Nope nope nope that don't fly here.

You can drop $20 on Doordash you can buy lunch. Even at full price no school lunch is $20. The only time that excuse works is if that is a child who legit doesn't have food at home and those kids get free lunch and aren't the ones ordering DoorDash.

It's the privileged brats

Yea but the social-emotional folks will try and tell us, "These children shouldn't be relegated to the school lunch. They should have the right to pick where they want to eat."

You KNOW they would try it.

Yea but the social-emotional folks will try and tell us, "These children shouldn't be relegated to the school lunch. They should have the right to pick where they want to eat."

Those are the people I mentally and physically ignore because they're not living in the real world.

I remember picking up my lunch just to give it my teammate each day in high school so he could take it home for dinner and split it with his little brother. The kids really hurting and hungry don't have Iphones and Twitter accounts to post these type of first world problems.

gettyimages-1544460501-2048x2048.jpg

Im a believer of giving people want they want even if they didnt think it all the way through. That would be a risk they would have to take if they want it so bad.

Nah man.
"The same reason why you can just get up and walk out."

"Well you know Amazon has some great home schooling kits available."

But Im a ***hole. :lol:

Is this a Public or Private school?

Also, what happens when food is delivered after lunch is over?

That is a very unique situation they have there.
It's a charter school, and as far as I know, they haven't had issues thus far.
Also, her school (like many in Los Angeles) doesn't give negative consequences for bad behavior or stupidity either way... so I don't think it matters :lol:

Its all twerking. This leaves me to believe, right now, somewhere in the world, theres a white girl calling twerking "crunk" or "getting crunk".

Back
Top Bottom