the thread about nothing...

I don't watch much baseball outside of the Mariners these days. Seemed like this WS lacked star power from a casuals perspective, was Seager really the biggest name of this series??

I don't watch much baseball outside of the Mariners these days. Seemed like this WS lacked star power from a casuals perspective, was Seager really the biggest name of this series??
He was a Dodger a few years ago but you're right about star power

world series ratings would soar if the storied franchises were in it. otherwise, there would not be any buzz. espn barely talks about baseball these days.
those yanks/sox rivalries seem so long ago now

world series ratings would soar if the storied franchises were in it. otherwise, there would not be any buzz. espn barely talks about baseball these days.
those yanks/sox rivalries seem so long ago now
Baseball needs some flashiness. Allow all chains, allow celebrations after homers, more coverage on their superstars, community events, better development leagues in inner cities, better social media presence, etc.

Baseball needs some flashiness. Allow all chains, allow celebrations after homers, more coverage on their superstars, community events, better development leagues in inner cities, better social media presence, etc.
they just need the yankees to be dominant again or let them juice and have a home run race :lol:
you're best players not making the playoffs also hurts

"Local" TV blackouts and inability to access games in general is the biggest hurdle, IMO. I live in Indianapolis and I'm completely blacked out of watching games "legitimately". When WGN was around, I watched a **** load of games on the reg. I've turned into an old man and listen to the radio broadcast more than I try to find a decent pirate stream these days. The national broadcasts are absolute garbage. Still love the game, and my Cubbies though.

DZUCiTB.png

I just recently got in to baseball. Like football, its a lot more entertaining in person. It helps if the teams are good.

"Local" TV blackouts and inability to access games in general is the biggest hurdle, IMO. I live in Indianapolis and I'm completely blacked out of watching games "legitimately". When WGN was around, I watched a **** load of games on the reg. I've turned into an old man and listen to the radio broadcast more than I try to find a decent pirate stream these days. The national broadcasts are absolute garbage. Still love the game, and my Cubbies though.
My local network that airs Mariners games also is on some BS as Xfinity conveniently cancelled Root Sports to save me 8.99/month but if I want it back I'd have to pony up $18.50/month as it was moved to a more expensive package. Going to look into other options at this point as Root is one of the few reasons I still have Xfinity.

Back
Top Bottom